4.0 out of 5 stars Efficient multi-region player
This ia a good product. Set-up is very easy as it is essentially plug and play. It plays DVD from all regions which was my main reason for getting it.
Published on 23 Sept. 2012 by David Rose

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT MULTI REGIONAL
Although arrived quick This is not a multi region!!! Bought as Xmas present for my mom so she could watch her american discs. The box says multi regional but the player itself says region 2 when putting the disc in it says "cannot play due to area limitations" will warn as many people as possible.
Published 4 months ago by Charms 24

4.0 out of 5 stars Efficient multi-region player, 23 Sept. 2012
David Rose - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sony DVPSR760H MultiRegion DVD Player + HDMI Cable Supplied (Electronics)

5.0 out of 5 stars Most impressive piece of kit!, 18 Jan. 2014
I am most impressed with this product.
I picked up a Sony multi region around 2005 which was awesome and has served me well since, but i wanted to upgrade for something that used a hdmi cable.
The upscalling aspect was the big draw here, but because the previous player was so good i was a little hesitant in making the upgrade incase i lost some usefull features.
I'm happy to report, that i did not!
It funtions very much like the previous player.
The quick set up is still there thank goodness! Most handy if you just want to make sure that the basic settings such as aspect ratio, sound & of copurse langue are all there.
After the quick set up, i would recomend setting your 4:3 settings to 'normal' so you can see 4:3 programs as they were filmed & intended to be seen. There is nothing worse than seeing these images streched unnnaturally to fill the screen.
The quality of the upscalling is brilliant!
There really is such a great improvement between watching on this model than on my previous. You could easily mistake some older programs we're recorded & shown mmuch more recently. Everything is so clear!
There is a definite improvement in the sound too IMO.
It's pretty quiet when it starts up & plays, is delightfully compact, infact there really isn't much to complain about with this player at all.
There isn't a timer display on the front of the player, which isn something i thought i would have an issue with, but thats quickly overcome as any information displayed here can be brought up on screen & off again with a press of abvutton.
A wonderful product!
X

5.0 out of 5 stars This is multiregion out of the box, 1 Jan. 2014
It plays my wife's Cagney and Lacey DVDs imported from Canada, without any problems at all.

Note that this version comes with HDMI output ONLY - NO SCART output at all. (There is an alternative model with a SCART ouput). HDMI cable included in the box.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy, 6 April 2013
Would recommend to anyone ...... It's a multi region player that plays all my DVDs whatever country there from. Amazingly quick delivery , only draw back was the first DVD player sent draw was broke but it was replaced again amazingly quick. The new one worked fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sony DVPSR760 Multi-Region DVD Player (HDMI), 14 July 2012
Another quick delivery and exactly as advertised.

The second part of this review is Almost exactly the same wording as a previous reveiw of mine,

this is because this advice does not change.

I had previously bought the Sony DVPSR150 MultiRegion DVD Player which was scart only output

as I needed this for an older TV that did not have an HDMI input.

This time this reveiw is for the Sony DVPSR760 Multi-Region DVD Player - HDMI Output.

I am also very pleased with this player.

This HDMI Up-scaling version works well, and it gives a much better picture from Region 1 NTSC

encoded DVD's on my Set-Up.

Below the line is the same advice on ordering as with the other review.

This will make sure that you do end up with a Multi-Region player.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

It does (as the ad say's) play disc's that are Region 1 and encoded in NTSC.

I am very pleased with this DVD player and the service from KK Electronics.

By the way all the controversy about whether these Sony players are Multi-Regional

or not can easily be overcome by making sure, when ordering, that the Amazon description

states that it plays DVD's from all regions in their "Technical Details" section.

Also for further reassurance about this, I would buy from KK Elecronics (via Amazon) as

they have a track record for suplying Multi-region DVD players.

Also you can make sure that it states that it is a Multi-Regional player in their ad -

(as they may well sell the same model as a normal region 2 player).

If you follow these points you just can't go wrong.

Very satisfied - again.

Mr. B.S. Kent. 14 July 2012.

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT MULTI REGIONAL, 18 Dec. 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Sony DVD - Plays all Regions, 28 Jan. 2013
Bought DVD from America. Could not play it on my DVD player so bought this one. It is nice and small and plays my
DVD from America just fine. I am very pleased with it. Cost £60. Also got 4GB memory stick with it as well for free.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product - simple to set up, value for money, plays all my DVDs, 20 Feb. 2014
This DVD player is easy to set up and plays all my DVDs with no problems whatsoever.
Having the USB connector is also extremely useful for playing films from a USB sticks.
I am amazed how cheap DVD players have become and how many formats they now read. I wish I had upgraded my old dinosaur sooner.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant purchase, 13 Dec. 2013
originally just searching for a cheap multi region dvd player because i own both english and american dvds. Found this at a reasonable price and found it arrived incrddibly fast, was exactly the same matching colour to my humax free sat box and my logik hd tv so all three devices set up on my tv cabinet looks like they were all from the same place.
remembers the dvds i've been watching and exaclty where i left them when i return to watch them later. which no other dvd player ive had has ever done so thats a nifty little bonus.
all round brilliant product.

2.0 out of 5 stars I think I got a dud, 3 Dec. 2014
Tommy Dooley "Tom" (London, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
I do not doubt the 5 star reviews here however my experience was far from 5 stars. Like everyone has said this is really easy to set up just plug in and play. It even came with a HDMI cable supplied. The remote also had a battery and I had it all going in less than 5 minutes. Those are the pluses.

Then 24 minutes into a region 1 disc - which was brand new - it stated to pause and judder. I cleaned the disc and it was ok for another 30 seconds, this went on till the end of the film. I then tried another region disc that was also new and it only took 17 seconds to jam. So I tried a disc I had recently played and had no problems with and it lasted 28 seconds. I was a bit miffed at this point and decided I had had enough I contacted Amazon who gave me printable return slips and guaranteed me an instant refund, for which I was pleased and will buy another.

This is the second Sony I have had that performed less than expected and I am now sticking with Samsung and LG. The other thing is there is no LED display with this model either. I may well have got a dud but I am not prepared to risk another failure. My new all region LG is working like a dream and has a display too. I just thought I would share my experience with this product.