1 Review

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job at a reasonable price., 2 Dec 2013
I bought this jacket as a newbie to road biking and associated kit, without wanting to break the bank ( I got this for around 50 and I certainly wouldn't recommend that you pay much more than this).
Sizing-wise, I am on the cusp of small-medium, depending on the manufacturer. The medium size was an ideal fit for me , not restrictive but not too baggy.
There is a generous rear pocket, which is zipped and will safely take your spare bits and mobile.

The jacket reminds me of an early generation mountaineering softshell. With a thin 'thermal' fleecy layer inside a wind and light rain-proof 'shell', although here the shell only covers the front and arms. This system allows a good degree of wind and weatherproofing, while achieving a high level of breathability.

In action I've been quite pleased. So far I've been out in temperatures down to 6 degrees C with reasonable comfort - but that's with a long-sleeve base layer and a long-sleeve cycling top underneath. Any colder and I'll need to find a more effective thermal layer.
The jacket definitely wicks sweat from the body, but I'm not sure how breathable the outer shell is as the sleeves retain moisture. It's not going to take persistent or heavy rain, but then it's not designed to.
The jacket looks OK and mine is a nice bright red as I still think it's best to be seen, even though many road bikers around here seem to favour black. I'm sure that to them I look every inch the beginner - but, for now I'm happy until I can save the money to splash out on something a little better.
Overall maybe more a 3.5 than a 4, but I've rounded up.