5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Golf Book
Published 17 months ago by Daniel Archer

3.0 out of 5 stars Review
Reaffirms how important the basics are, and how we easily forget the more we play. We make a straight forward game complicated by failing to stick to what we know we should do. Robert Robinson.
Published 4 months ago by robert robinson

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Golf Book, 8 July 2013
This review is from: A Golf Swing You Can Trust (Kindle Edition)
I've had loads of lessons but have never got much better until I read this book. This book explains the swing in such a simple way it’s impossible not to improve your technique. I especially like the photo of the grip which really gets it across how you are meant to stand to the ball. It’s a great book and a fascinating read. Well done John Hoskison for making the swing so simple. His book ‘NO Hiding in the Open’ is also a brilliant book about his days on tour. If you’re looking for a gritty, humourous read - try that one as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book reaches the parts others can't!, 20 Jun 2013
M. C. Hunt (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Golf Swing You Can Trust (Kindle Edition)
Apologies to John, I thought I'd already reviewed his cracking book, must have been too busy outside using what he told me in this book - things that nobody else had said.
Someone once said of John Hoskison that when faced with a bottle-neck fairway he was the only one who ever just stood up and bashed it through it. This is how this book is. John's a good writer, and has thought immensely long and hard about this book. It's not 'another' book on golf swings. John tells you why, and gives you choices, adding directions that REALLY work.
I have never read anything that explained why the forearms need to be level in the impact zone. Or what 'hitting against a strong left side' is. As two examples of absolutely vital contact fixes, they show what this book does. John could have gone on and on about anecdotes and this and that, great hotels, travels here and there. He's no interest in telling us that. He knows what works, he just tells it, using some very illustrative metaphorical imagery too which I appreciated.
I've been asked a lot which book I think should be a main fundamental of learning golf. I always say this one. It's that good. I hope I've surprised the author in saying that. I am measuring that simply in how it helps people understand how to get out of swing thoughts and into moving the ball how and where you want it too. My second favourite is Nick Faldo's 'Swing for Life', and third McTeigue's 'Effortless Swing' (Jim Hardy's Plane Truth in fourth). That's some company to keep, no?

5.0 out of 5 stars Invaluable for the average golfer who wants more consistency, 3 Sep 2014
This review is from: A Golf Swing You Can Trust (Kindle Edition)
I'm sure this book was written for me. I've read loads of golf instruction books but this is the only one that has made all the difference to my game. Now I use it as a great reference guide and keep going back to it to refresh my memory when things go wrong. I'm a left hander but have always played right handed with certain degress of success mingled with lots of frustration. Now, I'm finally starting to enjoy my golf with more consistency. So well written with great insight and friendly speak but firm instruction. Lower Your Score follows in the same vein.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 22 Jun 2013
Howard "Enjoy Golf as much as I can, either p... (DONCASTER, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Golf Swing You Can Trust (Kindle Edition)
A short step by step manual. You really can build a swing you can trust, if you follow the instructions, practice is the key. For the first time, I know where my clubhead is any time during the swing. Has taken 6 shots a round off my game to date. I am confident this will improve my scores further as time goes by. For a very modest investment you get fantastic results.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book to help you groove a great swing!, 26 May 2013
This review is from: A Golf Swing You Can Trust (Kindle Edition)
There are many books available on the mechanics of the golf swing but this is one of the best I have read. It has just the right amount of technical as well as practical advice to help you groove a more reliable swing, something we are all looking to do. John Hoskison’s own experiences of trying to work through a swing flaw early on in his career make very interesting reading. An excellent book that left me feeling optimistic, that I can continue to improve my swing and play better golf.

5.0 out of 5 stars Say no more !, 29 April 2013
This review is from: A Golf Swing You Can Trust (Kindle Edition)
Came across this book by accident and boy I wished I had found this a long time ago. I knew in my mind that when playing golf, even though I could never put together a mind blowing score, I kept saying to myself that what I was doing was the right way. After reading this book, it felt everything I had been doing over the last 20 years was the same way as the book explains. The mistake I'd been doing all the time was not being patient enough to let it work. I would go out for a round and it would take the first 6 holes just to connect everything from this book into my golf. Now I know why I always play the back 9 of any round far better than the front 9. All in all, buy the bloody book and you won't look back !

5.0 out of 5 stars Another golf book?, 8 April 2013
This review is from: A Golf Swing You Can Trust (Kindle Edition)
No, I've been reading golf books for over 40 years, I change my swing and my swing thoughts more often than I change my socks (and my socks get changed almost indecently regularly) and I do so because things work, for a bit, and then they stop working. But I've just read John's book and I've learnt so many new elements to the golf swing that I feel and believe a large chasm has been crossed. This book is extraordinary. It will change my golf for ever.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good golf book, 6 April 2013
This review is from: A Golf Swing You Can Trust (Kindle Edition)
I found this a useful addition to my golf book library and well worth the price. It should encourage me to set up better for all my golf swings and hopefully lower my handicap.

5.0 out of 5 stars Effective and Simple Golf!, 2 Dec 2012
This review is from: A Golf Swing You Can Trust (Kindle Edition)
A Great golf instructional book which simplifies a technical game into analogies to benefit any golfers game. Excellent value for money when you think you cant buy a golf magazine these days for under £3, which only gives you partial advice. Having read many technical books on the game, this book is a refreshing change to the golf way of thinking and easy to understand and implement. Highly recommended if you are struggling with this addictive game!

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, the golf swing described simply!, 9 Oct 2012
This review is from: A Golf Swing You Can Trust (Kindle Edition)
Have read numerous books on the golf swing. Finally John Hoskison has written a book that is simple, easy to understand and clearly describes the foundations of a great swing. Look no further, this one WILL put the other books on your bookshelf out of action!

A Golf Swing You Can Trust