on 15 May 2013
This is a superb double CD with some great soul and RnB sides from Chicago in the 60s. Serious collectors will know many of the artists but for the rest of us this will be a really refreshing mix of styles. There are some great floorshakers here, many already popular with Northern Soul types, such as the Sharpees "Do the 45", the Du-ettes "Every Beat of my Heart" and Willie Parker's stunning "You got your finger in my eye". You could play several of these back to back and want to bob along to different beats. Programme in the lush soul of the Admirations "Wait til I get to know you" (which I can't stop playing) next to the RnB of Big Daddy Simpson "Give me back my ring" and then the funk of Thomas East & the Fabulous Playboys " I get a groove" that has a JB and the Famous Flames flavour to it. If you want some smoother soul tracks you won't get much better than the Ulti-Mations "Without you" or if you want some deep soul listen to the Otis Clay and Dorothy Prince tracks.

It reminds me a bit of the Rojac Story in that it has lots of variety and different styles to it. It probably sums it up best in the fact that I have a massive CD collection but this has not been out of the CD player for the two months since I bought it. I cannot recommend it highly enough - get it bought!!!!!!!
on 14 August 2013
This is superb. It starts off in an R&B style, moving through blues to soul and finally a few funk-tinged numbers. The one thing that links this collection is the stunning quality of the music. Probably the best comp I've ever bought in any genre.
on 10 April 2014
Lots of GreatR&B/Soul from the 1960's.This 2 cd set if filled with lots of obscurities ,Great cd.Highly recommended for R&B/Soul fans.
on 5 November 2015
Good cd with a good mixture of tracks
on 8 December 2012
Chicago Black American Soul Music. This album has it all. Music at it's very best
5 out of 5 The album is called Move With The Groove.