on 20 March 2015
These were ordered to help with a hard drive switch I had to do. I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the products. They all have a very good feel to them, they do not feel flimsy at all.

The L shaped keys were very useful, as with all tools like this, you can put more pressure on it when unscrewing items. Both ends of each L key has a hex head on.

The screwdrivers, although have small heads, work perfectly. They did not bend and they sure didn’t thread any of the screws. The head didn’t wear down like I have noticed on so many of my other cheap screwdrivers.

The plastic spudgers lasted through two different fixes on two different machines, and I have yet to break them. They are very well made. I have been through plenty of spudgers in my time! These have already outlasted the last ones I bought.

The case it all comes in, holds everything nicely. It even has a hole in it, so you can hang it up. I just ended up hammering in a nail at a bit of an angle and hung the case from that. It’s now has a place on the wall with the rest of my tools.

I have used this very kit on opening my PS3 (1st gen), it really was very easy with the right guide and this toolset.

I cannot comment on the suction cup, as it’s something I have not used yet, although I do have an iPod which is in need of a new screen so maybe…

Conclusion: great piece of kit, well worth the money, and you get a handy case to store everything.
on 27 November 2015
Useless, - waste of everyones time and money through ordering other than seller. By the way, if you're ordering a new battery for mac book pro, check if they send the tri head screwdrivers with them. Most usually do. You'll also need a flat plastic end to get the bloomin connection to the motherboard off too; you can't do it with your fingers. You'll also need some decent small cross head screw drivers to get the case off, so forget the ones you got with the xmas cracker. Anyway, try some other screwdrivers - draper, stanley etc or try the individual ones for a specific purpose.These are the worst of Chinese engineering (I've seen much better) the handles on the screwdrivers are useless, you just can't get any leverage on the screw head - also, they're not sharp enough so end up blunting the tip or worse, the screw head. I need some occasional screwdrivers to help with fitting different drives, changing batteries and taking the case off mac book pro 2010. I spent 2 mins with these on a mac book pro and just threw them away.
on 19 April 2014
Great little set, contains everything you need to do minor repairs and upgrades to Apple products, used it to fit an SSD in my Mid 2010 Macbook Pro, took the back off my iPhone 4 too just to have a peek inside.

Perfect set of tools for home users. Great price too!
on 25 July 2015
The item's toolset is probably more than needed. It did the job I bought it for – opening up a MacBook Pro to add memory. The plastic spudger is not strong, showed signs of strain when force applied to remove or replace memory cards. Probably only intended for use once. The metal one is much stronger, but was reluctant to use it in this application. The case is flimsy, but the item <italic>is</italic> a cheap alternative. Might be nice to include some spare case screws in such a set to replace any lost or damaged.
on 14 November 2015
I bought this kit specifically because I needed a T6 screwdriver to replace a fan and I thought the other tools would come in handy. My kit did not include a T6 screwdriver (as it claimed), or at least it was so poorly made that it was too big for a T6 screw. My guess is that it was a T7 instead. My kit was also missing the suction cup. I also decided to replace my MacBook Pro battery, which requires a Pentalobe driver, but the ones included in this kit are too small and extremely poor quality. I examined them under a magnifier and found the points of the star were unevenly spaced.
In the end, this kit was completely useless for two of the most common service jobs on a MacBook. I returned it.
on 26 January 2016
I purchased this kit to help make some changes to my 2009 27" iMac (which buy the way after 7 years still provides rock solid performance). The kit comes with 4 precision screw drivers, 3 prying tools, a suction cup (for the removable glass) and some torque screws. All of this is encased in a durable plastic re-sealable bag.

This is custom made for the 2009 iMac model, using the kit you will be able to clean the inside of your iMac and make improvements to the hard drive, by removing it for a more up to date model (by the way, anyone still rocking a SEAGATE 1TB from 2009 be aware, they are prone to failure).

Use a guide from YouTube to find out how to best tackle HDD upgrades and general maintenance.

The kit was cheap, you may have some of the tools lying around the house to use, with this you can keep it in a draw ready to use on your iMac.

All in all I would recommend this to any iMac owner (2009 model) so they can have piece of mind over accessing their iMac.
on 13 December 2015
Buyer beware! Read the reviews...

Like others, I got no suction cup in my pack.

Fortunately, I really only bought the pack to get a T6 torx. Unfortunately, like others here, I also found no usable T6 torx in there either. The L-key that I believe was supposed to T6 was more like T7, and forcing it into the screws on my MacBook Pro caused the inners of one of the screws to shear. If you read the reviews, you will find that my experience was not a unique one.

You get what you pay for. This pack is full of cheap and nasty tools and – crucially, for something that is a specialist toolkit one buys only for a single job (taking apart a MacBook) – its parts are not the right dimensions and are poor quality. Spend a couple more quid and get the proper stuff.
on 27 December 2015
I was only looking for the screwdriver to open the back of my MacBook Pro, however the price seemed right so bought this. As it happens I used more than a few of the items for my repair so I'm please I had the extra tools.

This is a good mix of tools and I would recommend if you're looking to open a MacBook Pro
on 5 March 2016
Pretty much has everything you need to open/service your mac. Great kit to have just in case something goes wrong or you want to clean your mac inside. It's come in handy when friend's laptops have needed cleaning or fixing. Would be great if it came with a suction cup though!
on 9 January 2016
Bought these to get into my MacBook Pro 2011. It worked! Eventually... There is a great range of screwdrivers for almost everything you can think of. However, it being the first time I opened my MacBook, it was fairly hard to break the seal because I just couldn't manage to get enough torque. I finally managed to get into it using a small spanner to help turn the screwdriver. And also applying a bit of pressure to the back cover. Worked a treat! I am now very happy with my RAM and SSD upgrades!