on 5 November 2012
To start with, I bought this from PC World (sorry Amazon) as I needed a new printer quickly, and it was the same price from PC World for a change.

First off, if does come with a USB cable so don't fall for that old trick of buying another one. Second off, getting it on the Wireless Network at home took nano seconds. You really don't have to open up the plethora of instruction books... just the Quick Set-Up sheet. The printing is very good and very quick, and the scanning is also as good as my work machine which cost thousands! OK, the Printer Cartridges will need replacing from time to time, but I don't expect to use it much.

And, most importantly of all, it supports Air Print, so I can print from my iPad and iPhone!

All in all, a good buy!
2323 comments474 of 485 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 November 2012
Purchased 2 of these printers and I am very pleased with them very easy to set up wireless, no cables required took only 10 minutes to set up printer, speed good would recommend this printer as a good buy for the home and it is a e printer as well.
0Comment127 of 132 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 March 2013
I was initially very happy with this printer. It was easy to set up, the wireless printing is excellent (including being able to email a document to your printer from anywhere in the world!), and the print quality is good.

I was a bit puzzled why the print margins were very tight. Page numbers were missed off the bottom of my documents. And then I tried printing photographs and found a 1cm white unprinted band at the bottom of each print.

I contacted HP, thinking there must be a problem with my set up, but they replied that this was normal and the 3055 isn't able to print without a border due to the way the print handling rollers are constructed.

For this reason I returned the printer and upgraded to a different HP model which does do borderless prints.

For basic home printing, this printer is OK, but if you want to print out photos without a white border you'll have to buy another model.
33 comments158 of 166 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 December 2012
Really impressed with the HP printer it was a pleasure to set up and as another reviewer has said already all you need is the quick start guide to get you on your way.
with in minutes i had the printer unpacked and ink cartridges installed and printing via easy setup wifi network and then via the andorid app on my samsung galaxy ace, all the steps through the setup are nicely prompted on the printer screen and for first setup you will need to use the USB lead and also remember to have your router wireless network key ready (trust me saves time took me longer to find my key than all the rest of the setup process lol )
print quality and speed is excellent i would highly recommend this printer to anyone.
handy tip.
when installing the software remember to un tick those unwanted additional software boxes that clutter up our PC's which on this software disc included the useless bing tool bar browser add on
11 comment157 of 169 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 July 2013
fantastic printer.
It prints documents with absolutely no trouble!! DL envelopes no problem (small picture diagram on printer clearly shows orientation) and don't jam. :)
The picture quality of the prints it producers are quite good -to - very good.
It doesn't make much noise and is quite quick at spooling, and taking command to print.
Connectivity is 10 out of 10 I've connected mine wirelessly and it is also connected via usb at same time. my daughters (windows7) connected wirelessly, another computer (windowsXP) which is connected via Lan to router for internet and connected to the printer via usb. No conflicts or problems at all!
If you get a problem perhaps, after installing everything, switch your router off, wait one minute then switch the router back on. The printer will find the wireless connection.
Looks of printer, I'm really not worried what it looks like, as long as it prints.
Sits on top of a tower desktop just right.
Holiest of Holies it seems to not drink ink like a demented person in the desert when he comes across water for the first time in days. And it doesn't seem to want to keep cleaning the print head after every four pages. Halleluiah
update of printer 12/09/13. still works like the day i got it, still printing with the original installed cartridges, having said that it just ran out of black while i'm writing this, but i'm impressed. replacing cartridges is easy.
update of printer 05/11/13 still printing with original installed colour cartridge amazingly. still no requests or need to clean print head, even though maybe a break from using printer for a week. quality of black printing documents very good, as is the colour when needed.
ease of printing 10/10 never fails or freezes with command to print.
i bought another one because i was so impressed with the printer. I wondered if by chance they had got everything right in this great little printer and made a really good one. so that's why i bought another. although now i think the printer may last for quite a while 4 - 5 years maybe more with no trouble.
update of printer.02.12.13 the quality of the scanned photo and finish print of a photo was amazing. also the print from using copy of a photo was amazing. so much so i had to check the back of photo paper to make sure which was original after i had cut and trimmed them.

3-10-14
My Daughter took her own life. i miss her so much so much. my heart is breaking. my life is over. this printer is coming into it's own now, as i print some of the last pictures i have of her. 16 years old.
0Comment54 of 59 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 November 2012
Excellent Printer for the money .Easy to install and quick printing what more could you want Much more styish than the last one for Hp.
0Comment38 of 41 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 January 2013
I bought this printer a couple of weeks ago and was initially I was really happy with it. It has a nice sleek design, and fits easily on my desk. The installation and set-up was a breeze - you just pop the CD in and register online.

It is quite a noisy printer, but no one I live with has complained so that's not really an issue for me! The only issue I am having with it is that it keeps randomly going 'offline'. The joy of a wireless printer is that you can print things from almost anywhere - I have actually been at University and emailed a document home for printing. This is amazing, when it works.

Recently, it goes offline in the middle of printing a page. It just stops printing and an error message comes up. Helpfully, the advice from HP is "Check the printer is turned on" - thanks for that! Occasionally it goes back online by itself and resumes printing, usually though I have to cancel all of the documents and start again. This is time consuming and frustrating to say the least, and sadly means I can't rely on it when I have deadlines to meet.

It is very good value, easy to use and economic with the ink cartridges. However, what I would love right now is a printer that prints!
55 comments129 of 142 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 May 2014
Having already smashed a Lexmark printer to pieces in frustration I thought I'd give HP a try and initially I was quite happy with it. It connected to my wifi without any hassle and printed fine. When I went to use it again a few weeks later I wasn't getting any black ink coming out (the ink levels were registering as being full) I replaced the cartridge that had come with it and everything was ok until now. It's been a few weeks since I last used it and again the damn thing won't print anything requiring black ink. The ink level is full, its not leaked everywhere and I've tried all the troubleshooting. I can't be bothered to waste any more time on it as I have to nip down to the shed for my sledgehammer.
on 11 March 2013
Bought and installed this printer about three weeks ago. Printing results are pretty good.

But have noticed something wrong with my PC. Running very slow, keeps going busy, ie ignores user input for between 5 and 10 seconds. After thinking of a virus or the like eventually tracked it down to the HP software that installed itself when I set up the printer. Its like the HP CD contains a virus type thing - and its very hard to get rid of. What it claims to be doing is checking the ink levels in the printer. But if printer is switched off or you have moved your laptop out of wireless range of the printer it seems to get annoyed and slows down your PC. HP support is useless. But found some helpful pages on Google. It seems its a well known problem - except to HP support.

Shame: spoils what otherwise seems to be a good printer.
22 comments32 of 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 February 2013
I have had this printer for about ten days and I would like to give my summary of my experience so far:
- Installation could be made easier: the instructions are easy but you HAVE to install the HP software from the CD. This is an unnecessary annoyance from a user's perspective: HP could have made this a plug-and-play exercise (drivers could be downloaded automatically from Windows Update). The main installation problem I had was with the wi-fi. The printer would not connect to my router and the HP software did not find a solution. I spent one hour looking for a solution on the net and eventually I downloaded the drivers hosted on the HP website, and loaded them manually on each computer that will use this printer. Definitely not a smooth exercise.
- HP cartridges not recognised: another annoying problem with this printer is that, a couple of days after installation, it stopped recognizing the ink cartridge that came with the printer! It says that the cartridge is not compatible and refuses to do anything until I remove the cartridge. Although this issue worries me, I hope it won't be too much of a problem as I am planning to use only the 301 XL cartridges (as per other users' suggestions), which for now have been working OK. But what if the printer starts refusing the 301 XLs too?
- The quality of text printing is good, even in fast draft mode, which goes nice and fast.
- The built of the printer is plasticky and feels cheap, but I am not faulting the printer for this, since it is indeed one of the cheapest printers on the market.
- The little flip-up control screen is handy: many actions can be easily accessed through it, like copy, scan, clean the printhead, switch wi-fi on/off etc
- Printing from Ipad and Iphone was the easiest thing in the world: they found the printer immediately (once the wi-fi was set up) and sending something to print was easy peasy!
- The paper feeder, positioned behind the unit, does its job fine, and so does the little extendable tray at the front.

For my experience so far, I would recommend this printer. It gives you decent quality printing cheaply and wirelessly (once you manage to set up the wi-fi).

---------------------------------------------------
UPDATE after 8 months of use
No new problems have appeared. The printer has been subject to light and regular usage, with the occasional big job, like a MSc thesis, which the printer handled pretty well. Overall, I am very happy with this printer.
I recommend using the XL cartridges. The smaller ones don't last.