5.0 out of 5 stars Best book on meditation, 28 April 2011
EA Jenkins (Wales) - See all my reviews
This book simple, clear, practical and also profound. the perfect book on meditation - answeres all questions for beginners, however I read it over and over as it speaks on different levels.

5.0 out of 5 stars Now or Never!, 24 Dec 2012
This review is from: Meditation Now or Never (Kindle Edition)
This is a really good introduction to Zen meditation. It is written in a straightforward way with clear instructions and explanation to help you to understand what Zen meditation is (and isn't!). I found that this book dispelled a lot of misconceptions that I had about the process and also guided me through the 'what to dos' and 'what to expects' in a very practical way. This is by far the most easily accessible and down to earth guide to Zen and meditation that I have read and I would highly recommend it to anyone, whether they are just curious about it or looking to start meditating themselves.

5.0 out of 5 stars great - even for experienced readers, 4 Jun 2011
i have read ~25 books on buddhism and zen
i thought this would be a nice book for beginners
but really it helped me get unstuck in some things that were weighing my practice down
simple and deep
this book seemingly negates the dichotomy between beginner's and advanced material
highly recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars A great guide into Meditation.., 19 Aug 2011
I bought this book as I felt I needed more peace in my life. It is not enough to just buy it though you need to put some time aside to meditate on your own every day you can do this in a park or in your own room.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the bettter books on this subject..., 22 Jan 2013
This review is from: Meditation Now or Never (Kindle Edition)
This book has one central theme - the only one it really needs - keep bringing your attention back to the present. That's it, but it's couched in a lot of useful ways and with many attendant analogies. Well worth a read for the 'intermediate' practitioner.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it if you really want to meditate regularly, 27 Mar 2014
This is probably the best and most accessible introduction to meditation I have read which, as other reviewers have noted, manages to be both astonishingly simple and astonishingly profound at the same time. I have 'dabbled' in meditation for many years, but this is finally the book that has inspired me to sit for 2 short sessions a day on a regular basis. So be warned - it might change you from reading about meditation to doing it... Listen too to his talks at Dharma Field if you have any doubts about this teacher's bona fides.

5.0 out of 5 stars A breakthrough experience, 12 May 2013
This is a very powerful book. The impact that a book has on you depends on where you are coming from: past experience, current attitude etc. This said, for me this has been an eye-opening book. It is simple and direct and delivers a very clear perspective on meditation and reality. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars good book, 18 Feb 2013
very useful book to all who wish to learn meditation in a very straightforward way. good book to keep and use as reference when learning.

5.0 out of 5 stars Meditation Now or Never, 12 Feb 2013
David Downer "M0GQJ" (Isle of Wight) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Meditation Now or Never (Kindle Edition)
An excellent, no nonsense introduction to meditation. It is suitable both for people starting to do meditation, and for more "seasoned" practitioners. Steve's writing is very direct, and clearly written from a long matured experience.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great practical advice for would be meditators, 31 Jan 2014
This review is from: Meditation Now or Never (Kindle Edition)
I have been experimenting with mediatation for a number of years now. Originally it was suggested as form of stress management to me but more lately I have become more interested in the buddhist principles behind it ... mid life crisis that has me labelled as a hippy by people that know me. Since I began to attempt to practice mindfulness those that know me have commented on the difference in my demeanour. Anyhow, this is great book that explains the whole idea and practice of mindfulness in everyday language without even a hint weirdy beardy stuff. I think its a great book, and having read it I have now just started at the beginning directly to make sure i get full benefit.

Meditation Now or Never