5.0 out of 5 stars Kingston R500 DataTraveller
Published on 27 July 2012 by Graham Wilson

1.0 out of 5 stars Failed
Bought this in Oct 2013, and worked really well until it failed 2 weeks before the end of my semester. Thankfully I had most of my work backed up, but this is still not something that should happen to a Flash Drive that was barely 4 months old.
Published 7 months ago by Pete Roo

5.0 out of 5 stars Kingston R500 DataTraveller, 27 July 2012
Graham Wilson "Graham" (London) - See all my reviews
I bought this to replace my now 3 year old 2GB DataTraveller and comparing the two flash drives you can immediately see how far technology has moved in 3 years. As with my old drive this is quality flash drive that is fast at reading and writing. I was torn between buying this and the USB 3 version which appears faster on paper but did not say how fast it would be on the older USB 2 ports.
since I have a mix of USB2 and USB3 ports I wanted to make sure I would get a reasonable speed on all.
This is a highly recommended drive and worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product and service, 25 Oct 2011
Sleepeasy (Sheffield, UK) - See all my reviews
Excellent 'plug and play' memory stick, excellent service from provider. Lid and body of memory stick and soft rubber,ideal for shock absorption, well designed 'eye' at the bottom of the memory stick for lanyard. No issued with memory storage or usage, highly recommended product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fastest USB drive I have ever seen, 27 Jan 2012
Wow.

This drive is fast!

These are my speeds.

USB2 port: 20mb/s write, 31.5mb/s read
USB3 port: 22mb/s write, 35.5mb/s read

Very sturdy. Very easy to use. Very fast. BUY NOW!

5.0 out of 5 stars worth every penny, 7 April 2011
I've had this device for a few months now and use it everyday. with no problems. Its been dropped and stood on more times then i cancount. Its even survived a 90 min wash cycle !!! must remember to check my pockets in the future...
now i'm waiting for the price to come down and i'll invest in a 64Gb

5.0 out of 5 stars Great speed!, 23 Jun 2013
This review is from: Kingston Technology 32GB DataTraveler USB 3.0 Flash Drive (Personal Computers)
Read speeds on a USB2 port, 20MB/s and on a usb3 port, 110MB/s.
No compatibility problems, recognized and usable on win 8, Ubuntu and my tv.
Format usable FAT32 space is 29.2gb.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good and fast usb for a bargain price., 19 Feb 2013
I was looking for a usb that I could use to transfer large image data from an office pc to my pc. The pc is quite old and only supports usb2 so I was looking for a usb stick that would be fast and reliable. I read quite a few reviews online and seemed that all of them gave very good feedback on the Kingston R500. I must admit that I was really impressed when I used it. The waiting time for copying the data to the usb dropped to one third in comparison with other usbs that I have tried. It is also covered with a nice rubber protective case. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, 3 Feb 2013
I've bought 2 so they must be good.

Very easy to use, just plug it into your device and start saving. Saves things quickly. Nice feel to it and good padding to keep it safe. I have had no problem with either.

Fairly priced and arrived promptly.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 2 Feb 2013
Nice blue. Futuristic outlook. One really dumb thing: its just as wide, that you cannot plug nothing in the usb port next to it (at least on a Macbook Pro). Having a Mid 2012 Macbook Pro with SSD, was able to copy a 1.0 GB file with 28-33 MB/s. I guess it worth the price.

1.0 out of 5 stars Failed, 14 Feb 2014

1.0 out of 5 stars Failed after a few months infrequent use, 12 Nov 2013
Bought this for it's rugged design and speed of transfer. The rubber coating does seem very tough and the speed was great. However the drive failed prematurely without any heavy usage.