Colour: BlackChange
Price:£159.00+ Free shipping

on 8 September 2013
Well I gave this product 5 stars rating because for what it offers it's up there with products 2 times more expensive. I don't know how they pulled this one off because this thing is superbly built with hq materials, metal casing and even the remote feels solid. I really think there's nothing on the market that comes close at this price.
It offers separate analog and power blocks for better sound, USB playback of mp3,wma and mpeg4, and 2 digital outputs.
Sound: superb mids and delicate highs, specially with hq recordings on SACD.
A LOT of bass so you gotta be very careful with what you partner it. I have a B&W subwoofer and I have to turn its volume down -3db with this player.
CD playback it's reveling....meaning a badly recorded cd will sound bad but a well recorded one will sound as well as an SACD or even better (I have a few cds that do sound better than some of my sacds).
Best feature is the "PURE AUDIO" mode for pure analog playback, and it does a difference on vocals and mids in general. You can hear singer's every single breath.

Problably the only part of lower built quality is the cd tray.
A bit slow on start with Sacd.
No Flac or Wav playback from USB.
No surround channels from SACD (plays stereo part only).
on 2 June 2014
Having used for a few weeks now with no problems. Bought to listen to a CD collection that has not been listened to in possibly 15 years. This was an after thought after buying a new Turntable, Amplifier, and speakers to listen to Vinyl collected during the 80's. So why not something for the CD's. While buying the amplifier and speakers they were demoed through CD players in the shops. These players and some of the amps were getting 5 stars from the professionals in the mags and on line, I hated the sound from them. Reviews from customers on line were telling a different story from these so called experts. The pro's reckon this is maybe 4 star or below rating but customers consistently give it top marks and I agree. Check out testfreaks which collects reviews from different sites from around the world.

I could not be happier with the sound from this, not over sharp like others that can feel like a spike is being jabbed into your ear.
No skipping or missing detail. This is much better than my old CD player which was the reason I stopped listening CD's.
A word of warning though, some sites say it will work with ipod but this is only from the PD-30 model upwards. It will not recognize my 160GB classic but will recognize my older Creative Zen. Also no track names appear on the front display.

I bought this for CD's so the above does not bother me as I can use the iPod classic through the Amplifier, also I have no SACD's so cannot comment on them.

I know different amps and speakers can give a different sound so for the sake of clarity I will mention I listen mainly to Classic Rock/Metal, 60's/70's Pop/rock/psychedelic and occasional classical through the Pioneer PD-10-K connected to a Yamaha A-S300 integrated amplifier and DALI Zensor 3 speakers.

I rarely write reviews so I hope this helps anybody that find themselves in the same situation as myself, trying to get the best they can on a limited budget.
Overall I am really impressed with this player, better than ever expected.
on 3 November 2014
Well it sounded good when it worked but after very minimal use, one day I just couldn't get any power to it. I changed the fuse in the plug, tried a different socket but it was completely dead.
Also I found it to be a bit slow and stupid when it did work, it seemed to take a few seconds to respond whenever I pressed any of the buttons. I'd press play, nothing would happen, I'd press it again and after about five seconds it realized what it was supposed to do. The display is also very minimal; when it reads a disc, it just displays a zero! no information about the running time or how many tracks are on the disc.
Very disappointed considering it cost me £180, I will never buy Pioneer again. I also bought a Pioneer amp at the same time which I replaced after a couple of weeks due to its disappointing performance.
on 4 December 2014
Terrible cd player broken down twice in
9 months.first time no power to unit.
Rang suppliers hughes direct who were excellent and returned repaired cd after one week.
Then after 3 months. same thing again no power.
Again hughes direct arranged collection. This time it was replaced with a new one which is still in my garage.To be honest I did not want a replacement.And have since replaced it with a demon cd which is fine.
So my advice is this cd is not fit for purpose. and a waste of £170.
My previous technics cd is 20 years old and is still going after 20 years of faithful service.
So to summarise it up sort it out pioneer.
on 28 September 2014
I decided to pay the extra for this CD player based on Pioneer's reputation. Bad decision. It stopped working after a few weeks and Amazon quickly replaced it. Then that one stopped working two months later and I had to go to a repair centre who said it was a known fault with the fuses inside the unit. They could not get the parts and a month later Pioneer replaced it. Guess what? After another two months the replacement one stopped working and it too went back to the repair shop.
I won't buy a Pioneer product again.
Annoyingly, when it works its a good unit.
on 7 February 2015
I bought this in December 2013 from a well-know hi-fi chain, not Amazon. The reason I went for this model was because I wanted to try the SACD experience, and also the Pioneer name. It has terrific sound, particularly with SACDs. However, last month (1 month out of warranty) things started to go wrong. It will not play at least half of my regular CDs (strangely, the ones it will play are the old ones from the 80s and the 90s), and has started skipping badly on the SACDs. It takes quite a bit of time to load a CD, and while doing so makes various whirring and clicking sounds which often continue while the CD is playing. As another reviewer has said, it sounds terrific WHEN it's going. Pioneer have a good name, but this model has put me off buying any of their new products. One to avoid, I'm afraid, and £180 for one year's use is not good value. I will maybe try a model by Denon or Marantz next: although more expensive they also play Blue-Rays.
on 19 March 2015
This unit began scratching discs and misreading my CDs after a few months use. I took it to an authorised repairer to get it looked under the warranty and was contacted 4 months later to be told that Pionner had in fact sold the warranty to amazon and that the works were therefore not covered. I was quoted a figure close to the original purchase price to fix the unit.
on 13 November 2014
I purchased this unit in Feb 2014, after minimal use it completely died in July. I returned it & was given a replacement, it has now died in October. After doing some research online, it appears there is a known issue with the fuse in these units which causes it to die - some last weeks, some last a few months. Pioneer should be ashamed for producing this unit.
on 8 February 2015
I've had a Philips CD player and it was thoroughly abused from 1991 - 2005 and never once did it falter, bought a second Philips CD writer/player in 1998 which was rendered completely useless by 2003, got Sony CD player in 2005 as an upgrade to my first Philips. The Sony was just to brittle sounding for my liking and I passed it on to a new home in early 2014 where it still does the job it was intended to do 10 years on, so I've seen the good, the bad and the plain damn ugly side of of CD players, which now leads me to the story of me and my 2 Pioneer PD-10's that both bit the dust within 6 months of each other.

The two PD-10's I owned started my time with this piece of junk from Pioneer always with a sparkle and a twinkle that soon turned into nightmares. To start with, generally speaking these machines are slow, at everything, from reading discs, to playing, skipping forward, skipping backwards, forwarding, rewinding, you name the function and they're slow at it, even powering down takes an age. They're extremely noisy when they struggle reading discs and that includes discs that are pristine, brand new, straight out of the shrink wrap type of brand new and believe me when I say they struggle reading discs they struggled many, many discs with the exception of SACD's which is alright if you own enough SACD's to justify keeping this type of junk around and have a secondary more robust player for normal CD's.

The first of the these two machines I sent packing for an exchange after it started to really struggle reading discs and decided instead to cut round grooves into my pristine CD's. I took a second PD-10 on the off chance that maybe the first machine was just faulty, but this second machine was no better and by the time it bit the dust, last night, I was having to literally polish every CD, yes even despite the fact that 99% of the CD's I own are dust and scratch free, before it would play them from end to end.
In short, if its only SACD's you want to use this absolutely rubbish, slow, noisy player for then by all means go ahead, but approach with a lot caution. If like me you're collection of SACD's only amounts to only a handful of discs in the majority of your collection and the destruction of your collection of music doesn't justify owning this thing, then put as much distance between your CD collection and this machine as you possibly can and opt for a slightly more expensive SACD player not made by Pioneer preferably. I've moved onto a non-SACD Denon player and I can tell you all now straight off the bat the sound quality coming out of the Denon already outpaces the PD-10 on every level, yes even the SACD's.
on 23 February 2015
I can only echo what many others have posted about this product. How I wish I had read before purchasing. My previous hi-fi, from Pioneer had lasted 25 years! This one died after 8 months. The power just conked out and I can't switch it on. When it worked it sounded good and I really thought i'd get another decade or two out of it. How wrong. It will be sent back, however if it is repaired I do wonder how long it will last. AVOID!