5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning value for money
Well I gave this product 5 stars rating because for what it offers it's up there with products 2 times more expensive. I don't know how they pulled this one off because this thing is superbly built with hq materials, metal casing and even the remote feels solid. I really think there's nothing on the market that comes close at this price.
It offers separate analog...
Published 15 months ago by Nello

1.0 out of 5 stars Died within 3 months after minimal use.
Well it sounded good when it worked but after very minimal use, one day I just couldn't get any power to it. Changed the fuse in the plug, tried a different socket but it's completely dead.
Published 1 month ago by Maff

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning value for money, 8 Sep 2013
This review is from: Pioneer PD-10-K Super Audio CD Player - Black (Electronics)
It offers separate analog and power blocks for better sound, USB playback of mp3,wma and mpeg4, and 2 digital outputs.
Sound: superb mids and delicate highs, specially with hq recordings on SACD.
A LOT of bass so you gotta be very careful with what you partner it. I have a B&W subwoofer and I have to turn its volume down -3db with this player.
CD playback it's reveling....meaning a badly recorded cd will sound bad but a well recorded one will sound as well as an SACD or even better (I have a few cds that do sound better than some of my sacds).
Best feature is the "PURE AUDIO" mode for pure analog playback, and it does a difference on vocals and mids in general. You can hear singer's every single breath.

Drawbacks:
Problably the only part of lower built quality is the cd tray.
A bit slow on start with Sacd.
No Flac or Wav playback from USB.
No surround channels from SACD (plays stereo part only).

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 2 Jun 2014
Having used for a few weeks now with no problems. Bought to listen to a CD collection that has not been listened to in possibly 15 years. This was an after thought after buying a new Turntable, Amplifier, and speakers to listen to Vinyl collected during the 80's. So why not something for the CD's. While buying the amplifier and speakers they were demoed through CD players in the shops. These players and some of the amps were getting 5 stars from the professionals in the mags and on line, I hated the sound from them. Reviews from customers on line were telling a different story from these so called experts. The pro's reckon this is maybe 4 star or below rating but customers consistently give it top marks and I agree. Check out testfreaks which collects reviews from different sites from around the world.

I could not be happier with the sound from this, not over sharp like others that can feel like a spike is being jabbed into your ear.
No skipping or missing detail. This is much better than my old CD player which was the reason I stopped listening CD's.
A word of warning though, some sites say it will work with ipod but this is only from the PD-30 model upwards. It will not recognize my 160GB classic but will recognize my older Creative Zen. Also no track names appear on the front display.

I bought this for CD's so the above does not bother me as I can use the iPod classic through the Amplifier, also I have no SACD's so cannot comment on them.

I know different amps and speakers can give a different sound so for the sake of clarity I will mention I listen mainly to Classic Rock/Metal, 60's/70's Pop/rock/psychedelic and occasional classical through the Pioneer PD-10-K connected to a Yamaha A-S300 integrated amplifier and DALI Zensor 3 speakers.

I rarely write reviews so I hope this helps anybody that find themselves in the same situation as myself, trying to get the best they can on a limited budget.
Overall I am really impressed with this player, better than ever expected.

1.0 out of 5 stars Died within 3 months after minimal use., 3 Nov 2014
Also I found it to be a bit slow and stupid when it did work, it seemed to take a few seconds to respond whenever I pressed any of the buttons, I'd press play, nothing would happen, I'd press it again and after about five seconds it realized what it was supposed to do. The display is also very minimal as when it reads a disc, it just displays a zero! no information about how many tracks are on the disc or how long the disc is.
Very disappointed considering it cost me £180 and I will never buy Pioneer again, I also bought a Pioneer amp at the same time which I replaced after a couple of weeks due to it's disappointing performance.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but it's not a Marantz!, 31 July 2014
USB port works well and both USB and CD playback sound good, very clear - perhaps a little too crisp and bright on occasion. Biggest fault is reading the cd's. What on earth is the problem, you put a cd in and it thinks about it, loads it, reads it and crikey knows what else and then eventually what seems an age later it plays it. My old Marantz CD52 is almost playing the disk before the drawer is shut. The unit is minimalistic to say the least (no bad thing in itself) and you don't get a lot of information from the display. Another odd thing is the fact that when you turn on the Pure Audio function the display switches off. The model I received came with a Euro plug so had to put a British one on. Can't comment on SACD but the unit feels good quality apart from perhaps the flimsy cd tray. Ok for just over £120 though.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Fit for purpose., 4 Dec 2014
Terrible cd player broken down twice in
9 months.first time no power to unit.
Rang suppliers hughes direct who were excellent and returned repaired cd after one week.
Then after 3 months. same thing again no power.
Again hughes direct arranged collection. This time it was replaced with a new one which is still in my garage.To be honest I did not want a replacement.And have since replaced it with a demon cd which is fine.
So my advice is this cd is not fit for purpose. and a waste of £170.
My previous technics cd is 20 years old and is still going after 20 years of faithful service.
So to summarise it up sort it out pioneer.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Design & Quality, 29 Nov 2014
Unit has a good DAC unit specification and plays SACD quality disc, but quality of unit is poor (flimsy construction with horrid plastic cd drawer), display is basic and dated. Remote control unit cheap and nasty. Disappointed with Pioneer, expected better!! Power light stays on constantly, unless you unplug. My unit failed to power up after several months returned for repair but problem re-occurred (internal fuse problems??), scrapped unit in frustration, back to using my very old Philips unit (at least it works). In terms of sound quality don't notice much difference between the two.

1.0 out of 5 stars Unhappy with this product, 28 Sep 2014
I decided to pay the extra for this CD player based on Pioneer's reputation. Bad decision. It stopped working after a few weeks and Amazon quickly replaced it. Then that one stopped working two months later and I had to go to a repair centre who said it was a known fault with the fuses inside the unit. They could not get the parts and a month later Pioneer replaced it. Guess what? After another two months the replacement one stopped working and it too went back to the repair shop.
I won't buy a Pioneer product again.
Annoyingly, when it works its a good unit.

5.0 out of 5 stars up to audiophile standards, 25 Nov 2013
C. LANGLEY (Mid Wales) - See all my reviews
Hard to believe that CDs can sound this good - previously totally a vinyl fan but this is absolutely excellent though admittedly we do have the high quality system to go with it. It is a HUGE improvement on the previous pioneer - they have really upgraded their method of reproduction.

5.0 out of 5 stars a really good audio component, 9 Nov 2013
really pleased with my choice of cd/sacd player the sound is so good and for the money is exceptional value
would recommend this player to anyone looking to upgrade

1.0 out of 5 stars I purchased this unit in Feb 2014, after minimal ..., 13 Nov 2014
Cochese (Glasgow, Scotland) - See all my reviews
I purchased this unit in Feb 2014, after minimal use it completely died in July. I returned it & was given a replacement, it has now died in October. After doing some research online, it appears there is a known issue with the fuse in these units which causes it to die - some last weeks, some last a few months. Pioneer should be ashamed for producing this unit.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›