5.0 out of 5 stars As good as book one
What a great story line. I have read many Science Fiction books over the years and this one I rate highly. It is only as the story gets to book four and onwards I found it became an ALL American Hero type which as a Brit spoiled the later books for me. The way that Mr Harris writes about the Earth being caught in the middle of an inter stellar war is wonderful
Published 15 months ago by Bodmin man

3.0 out of 5 stars America and where?
I'm now on book five of the series and it looks like it will continue on, and on.

The author tells a reasonable story but, like the other reviewers he does seem to think that anything not like him has to be killed. And 'like him' means American and white.

Published 18 months ago by Jack le Bois

3.0 out of 5 stars America and where?, 22 May 2013
This review is from: The War of Pawns: (The Human Chronicles Saga Book #3) (Kindle Edition)

There are two aliens they haven't killed yet, but they are patronising them to death. And there is a former member of an Islamic terrorist group who has seen the error of his ways, so he's OK. Other than that, all the good guys are American. The bad human is, of course, English. Ex-SAS and huge and he's called Nigel. Yeah right, well sad to say the SAS tend to be quite wiry and very tough.

It's a pity really, because he does tell a good tale, but the world is a little bigger than the USA and there is a lot of talented people out there.

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as book one, 10 Aug 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Great books, 15 July 2013
I have just started book three of the human chronicles. So far it's as good as the other books and would recommend it to any Sci fi lovers and I have recommended it to my daughter as she is a sci fi fan. Keep going T R Harris

3.0 out of 5 stars Again, an enjoyable read, 31 Dec 2012
Good to see how the story develops.

I'm a little dubious over the quality of construction materials used in buildings; would lower gravity prevalent on the majority of worlds really give rise to such a decrease in construction quality?

As stated in a review for the earlier books, one aspect I seriously didn't like, was the blase attitude to killing aliens; this attitude wasn't really justified or sufficiently explained. It stopped me giving this book a higher mark. But for that 4* would be closer to an accurate score.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun and fast moving, 8 Dec 2012
I like the genre, and I like this concept. Fun, fast moving, and well written. I have read the whole series now....it's good

2.0 out of 5 stars racism, 15 Nov 2012
I must admit to being suprised by the simplistic approach to killing anything not normal. The underlying feeling is that if its not like us then its alien and can be removed without any concern. Seem to have seen this a few times in history.
Book one I enjoyed as it dealt with coming to terms with finding yourself in a strange land
Book two left me cold as it seems the hero was happy to kill anything not like him and enjoy it. We were then lead towards realising that American soldiers and Muslim extemists were basicly the same.
Book three was the first time that I would expect the hero to seek revenge.
Having read the three I don't think I will be bothering with the next chapter but if cowboys and indians are your thing, where the cowboys are always the good guys then you should enjoy it

4.0 out of 5 stars Good story lines., 26 Aug 2012
I enjoyed all the books - its easy to read and you get to know the people. I will read more from this author.