5.0 out of 5 stars Concise Review
1. The product I received was actually the latest and greatest GuHong V2. Much better than just the standard GuHong which I expected.
2. Extremely smooth and fast cube.
3. Cuts corners of up to 45 degrees.
4. Reverse cuts corners almost to 45 degrees.
Published on 6 Nov. 2012 by To the point

1.0 out of 5 stars The cube became extremely loose after a week
The cube has become extremely loose after a week, so much so, that it looks it will fall apart at any moment. It is also basically impossible to scramble/solve it/rotate any layer.
I asked for a replacemenent, but apparently for this product only a refund is available.
I am disappointed!
Published 12 months ago by Gio55

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Concise Review, 6 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Eiiox Dayan GuHong Speed Rubik Cube (Toy)
2. Extremely smooth and fast cube.
3. Cuts corners of up to 45 degrees.
4. Reverse cuts corners almost to 45 degrees.
5. Is fitted with 'torpedos' which means that the cube NEVER EVER pops pieces even at highest speeds.
6. Responds surprisingly well to silicone lubricant.
7. Adjustable Tension via screws under middle pieces.
8. Very durable. No stickers = No peeling!!
9. All in all THE best cube I have ever had in 10 years of cubing. Solving times well below 20 seconds can be achieved by advanced cubers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic design!, 18 Feb. 2013
Mr. M. J. Willis (Surrey, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Eiiox Dayan GuHong Speed Rubik Cube (Toy)
I am by no means a "speedcuber", but I thought it was about time to replace my official Rubik's Cube, because the stickers were starting to peel off, and it was becoming incredibly stiff to turn.

I had seen video reviews of this type of cube on YouTube, and it was always praised very highly, so I thought I'd give it a shot. I'm not disappointed with my choice! The cube is amazingly fluid, and you can easily perform a 90 degree turn with a flick of one finger, instead of having to grab and turn the whole edge.

Another fantastic feature is that it has no stickers. No more worrying about creating little dog ears!

However, the best thing about this cube must surely be its amazing corner-cutting ability. Everyone who's used a Rubik's Cube is no doubt familiar with the frustration of trying to turn an edge and then realising it won't move, because one of the connecting edges is not quite lined up properly! That will never be an issue with this cube because, as long as you've turned the edge past the halfway point, when you try and turn another edge all of the pieces with snap into the proper alignment!

Brilliant! I'm suprised Rubiks haven't adapted their own designs to perform in a similar way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cube for the price, 21 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Eiiox Dayan GuHong Speed Rubik Cube (Toy)
I am very happy with the dayan guhong. Firstly it arrived 3 days after I ordered it as it should and there was nothing wrong with the product (no major damage ect.).
Right out of the box this cube is very fast, especially for me as I am switching to this after using an original 1980's cube! However I thought it wasn't as good as other reviews portrayed it. Although once I had tensioned and lubricated the cube it met all the expectations I had.
This cube corner cuts 45 degrees and reverse corner cuts about 1 cubie, this means there are hardly any lock ups and it turns very smoothly when doing algorithms.
I'm not much of a speed cuber but my times with this cube were dramatically quicker than with others. I would definitely recommend this cube for anybody as it is a great cube and not too pricey!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant cube, 8 April 2013
This review is from: Eiiox Dayan GuHong Speed Rubik Cube (Toy)
Works really smoothly. Love the fact that there are no stickers to peel off. Box to keep it in is a bonus.

5.0 out of 5 stars good, 18 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Eiiox Dayan GuHong Speed Rubik Cube (Toy)
My nephew really loves it! he loves puzzles. and he can solve it straight away once you mixed it up! something to occupy his mind.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Cube, 1 Jan. 2013
Geoff Sim - See all my reviews
This review is from: Eiiox Dayan GuHong Speed Rubik Cube (Toy)
Over the years I have had several cheaper cubes, and all suffered from binding which made solving that much harder (binding in the middle of a move sequence). This cube is so much better and is worth the extra money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome cube., 5 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Eiiox Dayan GuHong Speed Rubik Cube (Toy)
Fast, durable, looks amazing and is an all round fantastic cube.

Would definitely recommend over other products and prefer to the other models.

5.0 out of 5 stars Slick Cube, 24 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Eiiox Dayan GuHong Speed Rubik Cube (Toy)
Just trying to learn how to beat the Rubic cube and have been finding my original Rubic cube quiet stiff to turn and it has to be aligned quiet accurately before being able to turned.

Looking for a more slick cube and this one seemed to be highly rated, it has a much looser feel and does not need to be perfectly aligned before turning, guess this is what makes it a speed cube.

Also the colours are not stickers so I think this will wear better over time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 29 April 2013
This review is from: Eiiox Dayan GuHong Speed Rubik Cube (Toy)
Fast delivery service. The cube is very smooth and fast - needs very little effort to rotate, easy on the fingers. Excellent value for money. Excellent value for money. 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy son!, 26 April 2013
Stephen Mullock (Cambridge UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Eiiox Dayan GuHong Speed Rubik Cube (Toy)
This was the first speed cube in our household, so I don't hold myself out as an expert. My son seemed very happy and after tweaking and tuning it was able to get his solve time consistently below 20 seconds. The quoted delivery time was quite long, but it actually arrived within a week. Without anything to complain about, I figured I had to give it 5 stars.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›