4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Guild Wars 2
I already use a Nostromo keypad, so I didn't think this was going to be much use to me. However some of my guild mates in Guild Wars 2 convinced me to order it and try it. I am very glad that I did, although there are a couple of drawbacks with it on the whole it works brilliantly and does exactly what it is advertised to do.

The mouse is well made, feels solid...
Published on 20 Oct. 2012 by Beki

3.0 out of 5 stars so heavy!
My first purchase of mmo mouse. Packaging really nice, unboxing it was exciting. Comfortable shape, so far I am able to use only 6 side buttons, but I guess it requires some practice to take advantage of all of them. The only flaw so far is the weight of it. After few hours of hardcore gaming back of my neck and shoulder is absolutely killing me (which did not happened...
Published 6 months ago by Adriana Bolton

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Guild Wars 2, 20 Oct. 2012
Beki "beki166" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Logitech G600 MMO Gaming Mouse USB-Powered black (Accessory)

The mouse is well made, feels solid and heavy, with a smart matte black finish and a mini number pad on the left-hand edge that is designed to be worked with your thumb. It has a scroll wheel which clicks left and right, down and scrolls. And two function buttons below the scroll wheel allowing you to control DPI on the fly along with other functions.

The bank of thumb buttons on the left-hand side of the mouse gives you complete control over your character in game. You can program these buttons to do anything that there is a keystroke for, and even set new key bindings in game and program those to the G 600. Instead of the standard two mouse buttons there are three meaning that you can program the third to act as a shift mode change allowing those 12 buttons to be programmed with 24 functions.

The mouse comes with a cloth covered wire, but the downside of this is that the cord is a little unyielding and can catch the mouse as you use it. I'm sure this will ease as the mouse gets older. It is also much bigger than most gaming mice, very bulky even in my large (for a woman) hands. Just like with the Nostromo keypad it does take a little time to get used to the size of it and the extra buttons, but with practice your muscle memory will retrain itself to use the buttons instead of reaching for the keyboard all the time. It does give you more control, and as an aside I feel it's better to program your own key bindings rather than download sets because you remember what you set more easily.

I would recommend this to anyone who is looking to upgrade from a standard mouse, or even upgrading from a mouse designed for FPS. I also suggest that for people who have limited function in their non-mouse hand, this would be a good choice even for standard browsing and text entry as the default settings are useful even outside of games.

A good quality mouse with multiple uses well worth the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mouse that can do everything but may not suit everyone, 28 Aug. 2013
K. Wong - See all my reviews
Introduction
Although this review is being written now, ive actually had the mouse for a year. It is my first gaming and also MMO mouse and was bought for the purpose of playing Guild Wars 2. Unfortunately although GW2 was a disappointment to me, i continued to use the mouse and have moved onto other games and MMOs.

Quality & Design
Mouse feels very robust and is well constructed. Does not feel flimsy in anyway and has a bit of weight to it. The cord is covered in cloth which meant it caught a few times at the back of my pc desk but i guess a cloth sheath means it is more durable and likely to last longer.
There is not an adjustable weight system that you get with other dedicated gaming mice but i found it was not needed as the weight felt good in my hand.
The thumb buttons sit very nicely for my large/medium hand and are mostly reachable without too much of a stretch. The tumb buttons are also angled so your thumb sits naturally in one of 2 recesses which allows easy intuitive button presses of exactly what you want. i.e. less likely to press the wrong button. The last couple of rows does require a bit of thumb yoga but again, it wasnt too much for an issue with me.
The other notable thing about the design is that the mouse is much larger than most mice due to the inclusion of a third "g-shift" button that you would use with your ring finger.

Comfort
I generally use a "claw" grip for all the mouse i use. I have to admit when i got this mouse i did find it fairly uncomfortable as i normally place my ring finger at the side of a normal mouse and use that along with my thumb to move the mouse around. This mouse does seem more suited for those who use a "palm" grip, but i persisted.
It took me a while of use and several grip adjustments before i felt comfortable with it. My hand now naturally still rests in a claw grip and the third mouse button is low enough for me to continue to use my ring finger to move the mouse - however with this mouse it is used in conjuntion with my pink to move the mouse around. Bare in mind this is not a control method i consciously decided to do. It is how my claw grip naturally adapted to this mouse over months of use.

Functionality
I'll be honest and say that although you can adjust the dpi of the mouse it is not something i did so cant comment on how well that worked. What i do use alot is the third button as a Shift or Function modifier when needed.
Now when i play games that has alot of keybinds, i try to map as many to the mouse as i can because i am not that versatile with keyboard presses with my left hand when i am using the wasd keys.

Overall
At first i thought the mouse was pretty expensive and at the time i was considering getting the Razor Naga. In the end im glad i went for this mouse. The modifier button literally doubles the keys on the thumbpad and with the way the buttons are angled, it is easy to know which keys you are pressing without having to look or re-center your thumb which i am sure is a problem i would have had with the Razor Naga.
All in all, it is a great mouse, highly recommended and i would say this mouse is one of my better purchases when it comes to pc gaming. In fact if it ever broke i would not hesitate in getting another one.
The mouse size and third mouse button may not suit everyone and althought it didnt suit me to begin with, i now find it comfortable and dont give it a second thought.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome.... If you have big hands.... Giggity, 5 Feb. 2013
I spent an hour trying to decide which mouse to get at pc world, Naga, gs600 or gs700, The gs600 was wired, had the most buttons and fitted my hand like a glove, It took a day to figure out how to program the keys, i use about 7 buttons. Mainly for wow.

If it fits your hand and you play complex mmos, or have highly repetative computer work this mouse is pure awesome.

5.0 out of 5 stars A niche luxury mouse specifically for MMO games - Works very well if you play them, but we still keep our old one for PC chores, 7 Oct. 2012
Charlie-CJ (England) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This large Logitech mouse is specifically designed for MMO (massively multiplayer on-line) games. These on-line internet games are capable of supporting hundreds or thousands of players simultaneously, and typical examples are Guild wars, Champions on-line, Star Treck On-line, War Hammer, and World of Warcraft. My 16 year old son's main MMO game at the moment is the pay-monthly 'Tera' game, and he wanted to try this Logitech mouse with that. He already had Logitech Quickpoint loaded but this mouse also needed 50Mb of Logitech gaming Software, easily downloaded from Logitech. Once installed you can customise all your mouse buttons, and set the mouse button illumination to a variety of colours. For 'Tera' my son set the mouse right click to 'C' and customised all 12 left hand buttons to specific fighting moves for the game.

He says this Logitech G600 mouse is great, and he now always uses it for MMO games of this sort. You can cycle through three inbuilt MMO configurations or create your own and store them. Sensitivity by default can be set to 3200, 2000, 1200, or 400 dpi - with more (200 - 8200 dpi) available if saved with the game profile. The 12 G-keys on the left work with 'most popular MMO games', and you can use the Logitech gaming software to reassign keystrokes, create complex macros, and assign lighting colours and effects (shifting and pulsing) to each mode. The mouse is powered via a long 6.5ft (2m) USB2 lead and it only works with Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8 PCs. The chunky mouse is 133g, and 11.8 cm x 7.5 cm x 4.1 cm. My son chose this white version as it matched his white Tritton AX 720 7.1 Headset.

So a great mouse for teenager and young adults who love MMO games. That said, my son finds the mouse too chunky to use for normal PC chores and all his other standard RPG/FPS games like Borderlands 2, Saints Row, Supreme Commander, BigFish, and even League of Legends (as it only needs four combat buttons). So for general PC use and all his non-MMO games he sticks to his sleek USB2 'Razer Deathadder Re-Spawn' Gaming Mouse, that only has two reprogrammable buttons on the left side and one colour illumination (blue). It's easy to swap between the two mice - you just move the Logitech G600 out of the way when not using it, where it looks like a cool ornament lit up in the background. So this Logitech gaming mouse is only used relatively infrequently compared to his main Razer PC mouse, which makes it rather a luxury item for dedicated gamers. I did buy the black version of this G600 mouse but I didn't get on with it as I don't play MMO games enough and being over 50 I found I lacked the youthful dexterity required for the chunky mouse design and I started to get RSI like pain. So I soon returned to my smaller Logitech Performance MX mouse & keyboard keys instead, that's fine for Starcraft II, Thief: Deadly Shadows and the like. But if you have the cash, and spend hours a week playing MMO games, you may well find this mouse a worthwhile investment to enhance your MMO gameplay speed. My son did, so he voted it 5* (for use with MMO games).

Using it for a few years now, he has added that he loves the two buttons behind the mouse wheel, but wishes there were only 4 or 5 buttons on the left cluster as 12 buttons are a bit trickier to use and it's not often you need that many - if there were fewer he says it would make the mouse more suitable for general use as well. But he still recommends the mouse. Ideally try one out in store to ensure it is comfortable to use, although we couldn't find one locally. This G600 mouse seems well made, and has a 3 year guarantee.

4.0 out of 5 stars Perhaps too much of a good thing, 21 Aug. 2012
Dr. Michael Heron (Brechin) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I previously had one of the lower end logitech gaming mice, and it came complete with eight buttons - the usual left, right and middle, two at the thumb, and three clustered above and below the middle button. It was excellent, although I did find myself wishing for more buttons in more than a few games.

The G600 resolves that by providing an array of TWELVE buttons at the thumb, along with a switch button giving you a total of twenty four buttons at your thumb. In terms of flexibility for gameplay, it is truly exceptional. The precision of the mouse is top notch, and the software that it uses gives you tremendous control. It is by every measure an excellent gaming mouse.

However...

The provision of twelve buttons at the thumb is, for me, too much of a good thing. It's difficult to precisely activate a number of the buttons, and for my hand (which is, I think, reasonably well formed as far as hands go) I can either comfortably reach the buttons at the top or the buttons at the bottom - I can't position my hand in such a way that both are easily available. This can make for a somewhat frustrating experience if you have mapped all of the buttons onto commands. For me, there are just too many buttons at the thumb for it to be a perfect gaming mouse. Don't get me wrong - it is very, very, very good. It's just not perfect, because the sheer mass of buttons makes it difficult to be precise.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, 23 July 2014
I was using the Razer Naga Molten Edition for 2 1/2yrs before the right mouse button became unreliable. Fixing it was not possible and this was the only replacement I could find which I believed would be a decent substitute. The price is VERY reasonable indeed considering that I only actually wanted a mouse which had the extra numpad on the side. I was therefore pleasantly surprised to discover that, on opening and installing the drivers, it has a G-Shift button on the right side (think of it as a third mouse button) and that the whole package was far more customisable than I ever imagined. Macros, lighting effects and profiles are easy to change and can even be done "on the fly" whilst gaming, mouse pointer speed is more customisable than ever before and can reach speeds I can't even get close to mastering. The size of the mouse is good for people with larger hands and has resolved my "claw hand" cramping issues from long hours of gaming. It feels solid and durable and I have friends who say that they have been using this mouse for quite some time and never had issues. Frankly, after using this mouse for 3 days I can honestly say that I will never buy a Razer product again, it's Logitech for me from now on and I'd recommend this mouse and the Logitech brand over other products anyday.

5.0 out of 5 stars Logitech did a stunning job with that one - it feels much more comfortable than my old Naga, 31 Dec. 2014
this wasn't my first MMO mouse - I had the Razer Naga (2013 ed) previsouly - both mice are well built and quality is there.

Logitech did a stunning job with that one - it feels much more comfortable than my old Naga ; the side buttons are better laid out, easier to access and textured in a way that makes you know which button you're pressing . on my old Naga, i often pressed 7,8 when trying to reach for 10,11 - I don't have that problem with the G600 - the side buttons are laid out in a way that makes it much more comfortable to reach with your thumb and more precise
you'll know which button you're pressing 99% of the time. very pleased with that

it fits nicely in your hand. bulkier than the Naga, and therefore more comfortable. cheaper as well

the G button adds up extra shortcuts if you want them and I find that very easy to get used to and very easy to use.

this mouse beats its rivals hands down in my opinion. doesn't look as "bling bling" as some of the competitors, I must admit, but I was going for brains and not looks. a bit like my wife, sadly

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 3 Feb. 2013
I think this mouse is brilliant and so far I have found the build quality to be more than satisfying. The 12 macro keys on the side are easy to reach and even better with the G-Shift then it is basically 24 keys! Although with this awesome feature there comes a problem (not a big one mind) which is the fact it actually has this G-Shift button. It takes quite a while to get used to is as before now I have only used a mouse with two main buttons (Mouse 1 and Mouse 2) and having a third one there makes it feel awkward. It takes a while to get used to but in the end it pays its weight in gold (metaphorically =P). Another point to make is the size of the mouse. It is somewhat larger than most and for people with smaller hands this may not be a wise decision. For me, it was great. I have overly large hands and my small Razer Abyssus was not really that comfortable. It is also relatively heavy which for me is also a plus side. I would highly recommend this mouse for anyone who plays MMO games or even normal FPS games.

5.0 out of 5 stars Logitech g600, 6 Jun. 2013
Mark James (Cheadle, Staffordshire) - See all my reviews
I will start by saying all reviews are correct when they say that this is a big mouse but for me this hasn't been.
The first time I held the mouse it felt a little weird due to the "g" button down the right and side which switches the function of the key pad. So to make sure I wasn't going to press this button whilst gaming I decided to unmap this button, which was really easy using the logitech program which comes with the mouse.
From here on in the mouse has performed brilliantly, I just now have to try and remember which of the 12 buttons on the keypad I have assigned to which function.
You can customise the colour of the LEDS to any colour in the spectrum using the same logitech program. I have set mine up to red, the same colour setting as I have my logitech g110 gaming keyboard. They look awesome together

5.0 out of 5 stars A really nice MMO mouse, 16 Nov. 2014
I've had mine for over a year now, playing mostly GW2, and wouldn't be without it - it makes hard things simple. I would definitely buy another if my current one failed (and, indeed, am seriously thinking about getting a second one anyway for use on another computer). I took maybe a couple of weeks to get reasonably used to the very different mindset of using it, possibly because it was my first such mouse; now that I'm completely familiar with it, I have almost NOTHING in the way of complaints about it or the ergonomics.

The build quality is excellent, and whilst it's tethered, the cord is a decent length and the sturdy woven cover gives it good protection. As for usability - I've seen people complaining about finding it hard to use, "even with big hands"; I'd suggest that's less to do with the mouse in question than from trying to keep working the same way as with whatever they had before (and after using many different mouse designs over the years, that's simply not the way to go - every device needs a little compromise if you're to get the best out of it). Personally, I have small hands, yet I find it very comfortable and easy to handle. I use a hybrid palm/claw grip, first three fingers on the buttons, thumb and little finger over the edges, palm resting on the mouse when things are quiet, and lifting a little to give my thumb more motion when they get hectic.

On function. The top three buttons are the usual left and right, plus a "G-shift" to the far right that can be used to change the values of most of the other buttons (and which significantly increases the number of assignable values). The 12 thumb buttons are sloped, in vertical rows of three, with the slopes forming two "valleys" between the rows that make individual keys trivial to identify in use. I have no difficulty in reaching any of them, but here's where my one "doens't quite work" comment come - I find the rear-most row near-impossible to operate at the same time as the G-shift button; I tend to keep non-essential things, only, on that (and then usually forget I have them set, and use keystrokes instead); but overall, I don't find that such a big deal. As for other buttons: the mouse wheel has click, left- and right-tilt functions, and I use the latter two ALL the time (for GW2 I have auto-run and map on those two), operating them with sideways finger nudges; so easy that I don't even realise I'm doing it half the time. Behind the wheel, on the body of the mouse, are two further small buttons; one, standing proud behind the other, is well-positioned to be deliberately pressed with the base of the second finger, but also stiff enough that it won't get casually pressed (I've never pressed it by accident). The other is deliberately more recessed, and assigned by default to things such as switching between entire key profiles - and in practice I've found it makes sense to leave it set to that. The whole mouse is nicely responsive, and the sensitivity can be tuned in a number of ways (I have a profile I use when playing World of Tanks that slows cursor movement WAY down for fine, sniper-mode targeting, for instance).

Sets of key assignments can be done one of two ways; stored on the mouse itself (the mouse holds three such profiles), or held on the computer. Functionality is slightly different between the two approaches, and it's not entirely a case of one beats the other; if you want to use the mouse with many games, for example, letting the software detect the game and load the right profile is obviously useful to have - and if you want to set up macros, that's the way you need to go. Personally, I find I can store all I need on the mouse itself, which means I can swap it from desktop to laptop without having to worry about what assignments I've made, and it makes part of my profile- and sensitivity-swapping a trifle easier, so that's my own preferred approach.

Finally, all the plaudits - one BIG caveat (not a criticism - just something to watch for). If you get one of these, be sure to check you're ordering, and receive, the mouse with part number starting 910-, as these are firmware-upgradable. Older builds, starting 810-, weren't (and had a couple of bugs that have since been fixed, but which can't be retro-fitted to the older build). I'm not going to knock my review down a star because of that - it's been fixed, and I still love my 810- mouse, despite that occasional quirk. But it needs to be watched for - and older and newer build levels aren't visibly different.