4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Guild Wars 2
I already use a Nostromo keypad, so I didn't think this was going to be much use to me. However some of my guild mates in Guild Wars 2 convinced me to order it and try it. I am very glad that I did, although there are a couple of drawbacks with it on the whole it works brilliantly and does exactly what it is advertised to do.

The mouse is well made, feels solid...
Published 21 months ago by Beki

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice mouse with more buttons than you can shake a stick at!
Only giving this mouse 3 stars as it was agony for me to use. I was using it wrong I admit that straight away. I was looking for a mouse so I could communicate with Outfit members in PlanteSide 2 more effectively and saw this mouse and though it would be perfect. unfortunately the size of the mouse made it so hard for me to play at speed that it hurt. I haven't tried it...
Published 14 months ago by Andrew Kirkman

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Guild Wars 2, 20 Oct 2012
Beki "beki166" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Logitech G600 MMO Gaming Mouse USB-Powered black (Accessory)

The mouse is well made, feels solid and heavy, with a smart matte black finish and a mini number pad on the left-hand edge that is designed to be worked with your thumb. It has a scroll wheel which clicks left and right, down and scrolls. And two function buttons below the scroll wheel allowing you to control DPI on the fly along with other functions.

The bank of thumb buttons on the left-hand side of the mouse gives you complete control over your character in game. You can program these buttons to do anything that there is a keystroke for, and even set new key bindings in game and program those to the G 600. Instead of the standard two mouse buttons there are three meaning that you can program the third to act as a shift mode change allowing those 12 buttons to be programmed with 24 functions.

The mouse comes with a cloth covered wire, but the downside of this is that the cord is a little unyielding and can catch the mouse as you use it. I'm sure this will ease as the mouse gets older. It is also much bigger than most gaming mice, very bulky even in my large (for a woman) hands. Just like with the Nostromo keypad it does take a little time to get used to the size of it and the extra buttons, but with practice your muscle memory will retrain itself to use the buttons instead of reaching for the keyboard all the time. It does give you more control, and as an aside I feel it's better to program your own key bindings rather than download sets because you remember what you set more easily.

I would recommend this to anyone who is looking to upgrade from a standard mouse, or even upgrading from a mouse designed for FPS. I also suggest that for people who have limited function in their non-mouse hand, this would be a good choice even for standard browsing and text entry as the default settings are useful even outside of games.

A good quality mouse with multiple uses well worth the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome.... If you have big hands.... Giggity, 5 Feb 2013
I spent an hour trying to decide which mouse to get at pc world, Naga, gs600 or gs700, The gs600 was wired, had the most buttons and fitted my hand like a glove, It took a day to figure out how to program the keys, i use about 7 buttons. Mainly for wow.

If it fits your hand and you play complex mmos, or have highly repetative computer work this mouse is pure awesome.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Mouse, 9 July 2013
I was a bit skeptical about all the buttons at first which is why I didn't buy it straight away. I took advise from two friends who also use this mouse and I'm very glad I did. It feels very comfortable (I use the palm grip style) to hold and would say all but the bottom line of buttons are easy to reach. The last line can be a bit fiddly but is still handy. The GShift is a brilliant idea and very easy to use, I've not had any issues of miss-clicking really.

I must say it has made playing Star Wars: The Old Republic and Guild Wars 2 so much easier/better. I can focus on the screen and action rather than managing my quick bars which is a big plus. I haven't used it on any other games yet but can't see if being difficult to use for non mmos either.

All in all a very good product with a nice build quality and plenty of features.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, 23 July 2014
Ms. Ej Berry "Foxy" (England) - See all my reviews
I was using the Razer Naga Molten Edition for 2 1/2yrs before the right mouse button became unreliable. Fixing it was not possible and this was the only replacement I could find which I believed would be a decent substitute. The price is VERY reasonable indeed considering that I only actually wanted a mouse which had the extra numpad on the side. I was therefore pleasantly surprised to discover that, on opening and installing the drivers, it has a G-Shift button on the right side (think of it as a third mouse button) and that the whole package was far more customisable than I ever imagined. Macros, lighting effects and profiles are easy to change and can even be done "on the fly" whilst gaming, mouse pointer speed is more customisable than ever before and can reach speeds I can't even get close to mastering. The size of the mouse is good for people with larger hands and has resolved my "claw hand" cramping issues from long hours of gaming. It feels solid and durable and I have friends who say that they have been using this mouse for quite some time and never had issues. Frankly, after using this mouse for 3 days I can honestly say that I will never buy a Razer product again, it's Logitech for me from now on and I'd recommend this mouse and the Logitech brand over other products anyday.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mouse that can do everything but may not suit everyone, 28 Aug 2013
K. Wong - See all my reviews
Introduction
Although this review is being written now, ive actually had the mouse for a year. It is my first gaming and also MMO mouse and was bought for the purpose of playing Guild Wars 2. Unfortunately although GW2 was a disappointment to me, i continued to use the mouse and have moved onto other games and MMOs.

Quality & Design
Mouse feels very robust and is well constructed. Does not feel flimsy in anyway and has a bit of weight to it. The cord is covered in cloth which meant it caught a few times at the back of my pc desk but i guess a cloth sheath means it is more durable and likely to last longer.
There is not an adjustable weight system that you get with other dedicated gaming mice but i found it was not needed as the weight felt good in my hand.
The thumb buttons sit very nicely for my large/medium hand and are mostly reachable without too much of a stretch. The tumb buttons are also angled so your thumb sits naturally in one of 2 recesses which allows easy intuitive button presses of exactly what you want. i.e. less likely to press the wrong button. The last couple of rows does require a bit of thumb yoga but again, it wasnt too much for an issue with me.
The other notable thing about the design is that the mouse is much larger than most mice due to the inclusion of a third "g-shift" button that you would use with your ring finger.

Comfort
I generally use a "claw" grip for all the mouse i use. I have to admit when i got this mouse i did find it fairly uncomfortable as i normally place my ring finger at the side of a normal mouse and use that along with my thumb to move the mouse around. This mouse does seem more suited for those who use a "palm" grip, but i persisted.
It took me a while of use and several grip adjustments before i felt comfortable with it. My hand now naturally still rests in a claw grip and the third mouse button is low enough for me to continue to use my ring finger to move the mouse - however with this mouse it is used in conjuntion with my pink to move the mouse around. Bare in mind this is not a control method i consciously decided to do. It is how my claw grip naturally adapted to this mouse over months of use.

Functionality
I'll be honest and say that although you can adjust the dpi of the mouse it is not something i did so cant comment on how well that worked. What i do use alot is the third button as a Shift or Function modifier when needed.
Now when i play games that has alot of keybinds, i try to map as many to the mouse as i can because i am not that versatile with keyboard presses with my left hand when i am using the wasd keys.

Overall
At first i thought the mouse was pretty expensive and at the time i was considering getting the Razor Naga. In the end im glad i went for this mouse. The modifier button literally doubles the keys on the thumbpad and with the way the buttons are angled, it is easy to know which keys you are pressing without having to look or re-center your thumb which i am sure is a problem i would have had with the Razor Naga.
All in all, it is a great mouse, highly recommended and i would say this mouse is one of my better purchases when it comes to pc gaming. In fact if it ever broke i would not hesitate in getting another one.
The mouse size and third mouse button may not suit everyone and althought it didnt suit me to begin with, i now find it comfortable and dont give it a second thought.

5.0 out of 5 stars It does what it says in the description, 6 July 2013
Top gaming mouse. exactly as you would expect. No surprises good or bad, just a mouse that performs. Simples. One more word submitted as requested.

5.0 out of 5 stars Logitech g600, 6 Jun 2013
Mark James (Cheadle, Staffordshire) - See all my reviews
I will start by saying all reviews are correct when they say that this is a big mouse but for me this hasn't been.
The first time I held the mouse it felt a little weird due to the "g" button down the right and side which switches the function of the key pad. So to make sure I wasn't going to press this button whilst gaming I decided to unmap this button, which was really easy using the logitech program which comes with the mouse.
From here on in the mouse has performed brilliantly, I just now have to try and remember which of the 12 buttons on the keypad I have assigned to which function.
You can customise the colour of the LEDS to any colour in the spectrum using the same logitech program. I have set mine up to red, the same colour setting as I have my logitech g110 gaming keyboard. They look awesome together

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 3 Feb 2013
I think this mouse is brilliant and so far I have found the build quality to be more than satisfying. The 12 macro keys on the side are easy to reach and even better with the G-Shift then it is basically 24 keys! Although with this awesome feature there comes a problem (not a big one mind) which is the fact it actually has this G-Shift button. It takes quite a while to get used to is as before now I have only used a mouse with two main buttons (Mouse 1 and Mouse 2) and having a third one there makes it feel awkward. It takes a while to get used to but in the end it pays its weight in gold (metaphorically =P). Another point to make is the size of the mouse. It is somewhat larger than most and for people with smaller hands this may not be a wise decision. For me, it was great. I have overly large hands and my small Razer Abyssus was not really that comfortable. It is also relatively heavy which for me is also a plus side. I would highly recommend this mouse for anyone who plays MMO games or even normal FPS games.

5.0 out of 5 stars A niche luxury mouse specifically for MMO games - Works very well if you play them, but we still keep our old one for PC chores, 7 Oct 2012
Keith_Joseph (West Berkshire, England) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This large Logitech mouse is specifically designed for MMO (massively multiplayer on-line) games. These on-line internet games are capable of supporting hundreds or thousands of players simultaneously, and typical examples are Guild wars, Champions on-line, Star Treck On-line, War Hammer, and World of Warcraft. My 16 year old son chose the white G600 version, whereas I have the G600 in black. My son's main MMO game at the moment is the pay-monthly 'Tera' game, and he wanted to try this Logitech mouse with that. He already had Logitech Quickpoint loaded but this mouse also needs 50Mb of Logitech gaming Software, easily downloaded from Logitech. Once installed you can customise all your mouse buttons, and set the mouse button illumination to a variety of colours. For 'Tera' my son set the mouse right click to 'C' and customised all 12 left hand buttons to specific fighting moves for the game.

He says this Logitech G600 mouse is great, and he now always uses it for MMO games of this sort. You can cycle through three inbuilt MMO configurations or create your own and store them. Sensitivity by default can be set to 3200, 2000, 1200, or 400 dpi - with more (200 - 8200 dpi) available if saved with the game profile. The 12 G-keys on the left work with 'most popular MMO games', and you can use the Logitech gaming software to reassign keystrokes, create complex macros, and assign lighting colours and effects (shifting and pulsing) to each mode. The mouse is powered via a long 6.5ft (2m) USB2 lead and it only works with Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8 PCs. The chunky mouse is 133g, and 11.8 cm x 7.5 cm x 4.1 cm. My son chose the alternative white version as it matched his white Tritton AX 720 7.1 Headset.

So a great mouse for teenager and young adults who love MMO games. That said, my son finds the mouse too chunky to use for normal PC chores and all his other standard RPG/FPS games like Borderlands 2, Saints Row, Supreme Commander, BigFish, and even League of Legends (as it only needs four combat buttons). So for general PC use and all his non-MMO games he sticks to his sleek USB2 'Razer Deathadder Re-Spawn' Gaming Mouse, that only has two reprogrammable buttons on the left side and one colour illumination (blue). It's easy to swap between the two mice - you just move the Logitech G600 out of the way when not using it, where it looks like a cool ornament lit up in the background. So this Logitech gaming mouse is only used relatively infrequently compared to his main Razer PC mouse, which makes it rather a luxury item for dedicated gamers. I have to say I didn't take to this G600 mouse (as I don't play MMO games enough and being over 50 I found I lacked the youthfull dexterity required for the chunky mouse design and if I wanted RSI pain this was the way to get it), so I soon returned to my smaller Logitech Performance MX mouse & keyboard keys instead that's fine for Starcraft II, Thief: Deadly Shadows and the like. But if you have the cash, and spend hours a week playing MMO games, you may well find this mouse a worthwhile investment to enhance your MMO gameplay speed. My son did, so he voted it 5* (for use with MMO games). Ideally try one out in store to ensure it is comfortable to use, although we couldn't find one locally. The mouse seems well made, and has a 3 year guarantee.

5.0 out of 5 stars G600 vs Naga (TLDR - try both in store, pick the one that feels best), 6 April 2013
Ian (Sandiacre, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Replaced my old Naga with this. Very comfortable and I prefer the side button shaping and layout to the Naga. Fundamentally though there isn't much difference between the two mice and which you prefer will largely depend on the size and shape of you hand and your preferred grip. So don't waste your time on comparison reviews, go to a store and see which is most comfortable, they will both perform pretty much identically.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›