Package Type: Frustration-Free PackagingChange

on 4 January 2014
This is the best 'Body Groomer' I've tried yet for 'Manscaping'. Using it without any of the comb attachments, it shaves the body (including down below!) extremely well and very safely too. I like the fact that I can have four rechargeable batteries at the ready, so if the one (it takes just one AA battery) should run out, I can just pop in another and continue. Although I have to mention that this thing lasts incredibly well with just that one solitary battery. This is a big advantage over the other 'Rechargeable Body Groomers' as some of them take ages to recharge. Another big plus is the fact that this doesn't use the 'Foil Head' system that everyone else seems to be using for their products. I've used a few in the past and I have to say that they are not very reliable. One problem with those is having to remove the head to clean it and eventually it would get damaged or loose and start falling out by itself! This ProGlide Styler just flips open with your thumb and you can rinse away the trapped hairs inside. What could be simpler?

It's also a fantastic 'Stubble Shaver'. Using it the same way as I do for 'Body Grooming' (without any comb attachments), I find that it shaves exactly to the length of stubble that I find perfect for me. I only ever shave this way, as I find razor shaving often causes irritation to my skin. However, I have to say that if you're using this ProGlide Styler with the razor, it is definitely the best 'clean shave' I've ever experienced and using it with the power mode really makes a big difference. It greatly helps the razor glide along comfortably as it catches and strips the hair off your face with very little effort and hardly any cuts (which is something my other razors can never attest to!).

I think this represents incredible value for money, considering all the grooming features you get. This is an outstanding product.
0Comment25 of 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 January 2016
This is a great all rounder, and I would readily identify this as a 4-in-1 instrument: shave, stubble, and three gradients of beard trimming. The ProGlide is an incredibly good razor - Without wanting to sound like the advert, the 5 blades give the closest shave you'll ever have. I find turning on the styler whilst manually shaving doesn't really add that much to such a close shave, but it does give less of a 'pull' feeling when shaving around the chin as the vibrations must assist the hair being cut by the razor somehow.

The styler itself can be used, I found, without the trimmers attached giving the additional fourth use. Doing this gives a relatively close 5 o'clock style stubble; whilst it's not painful to do so, it's not the most comfortable when shaving around angular areas such as the chin.

Turning to the beard trimmers, they, unfortunately, do not have measurements on - At a guess, I would suggest the styler gives 0.5mm, and then 1, 2, and 3 correspond roughly to the millimetre lengths (but I'm not positive). They are relatively good and easily glide over the skin with no friction - Albeit I do use shaving gel.

As to the charge, it holds charge for a relatively long period - I have been using this product for 6 months now and have only changed the battery once - It takes single AA batteries, so easy and cheap to replace.

The only downside to this razor is having to purchase the Gillette blades - This means the ongoing maintenance cost is very high. If you are happy with the cost of manually shaving, this product is easily a 5*. If you are reluctant to manually shave and have a permanent stubble/beard, this probably is not the product for you - There are far better stubble and beard trimmers out there, and the all in one probably wouldn't be for you.

on 4 January 2016
A lovely little device from Gillette. At first I thought it may be a bit large for wet shaving but it turned out smaller than I imagined.
With high quality throughout, this shaver is a nice step up if you're coming from a normal Fusion razor. It has the ability to trim sideburns or moustache/beard hair nicely, with or without the 3 hair guards via the battery operated, electric shaver.
This unit runs off one AA battery, which is supplied pre-installed in the device, easily accessed by turning the bottom half of the handle anti-clockwise.
Along with the shaver you get a nice holder/hub for it. It has a nice sleek look to it and holds not only the shaver itself, but also the wet blade, and electric hair guards too (at the rear). All, with the exception of the shaver itself, fit tightly into their slots, stopping them from falling out in the event of it falling over.
The electric trimmer, although isn't as good as shavers specifically designed for the job, performs pretty well. The power isn't great, but it does the job eventually. It reminds me of one of those 'flick-out' trimmers you sometimes get on the side of some electric shavers.

I have been using it now for around 3 weeks and I must say that I like it. It is definitely an improvement on the previous Fusion model in the fact that it can be switched to a hair trimmer in a few seconds. This saves me having to keep another trimmer in the bathroom cupboard, charged and ready for use. So it's a thumbs up from me!

Watch HD Video here:
on 4 August 2015
Good for a short time but quickly stops working. Not sure if this is because it gets clogged up but it shouldn't stop working after 2 or 3 uses of the beard trimmer. I have had 2 of these and both didn't last long.
on 24 December 2015
would have given 5 starts if there was something to help store and secure the trimmer heads. There is space for storage at the back of the holder, but it does not secure the heads and they keep slipping out.
on 7 October 2014
Was very good when it was working, but the trimmer started getting jammed and then stopped working after a few months. Would not recommend getting it since it did not last very long.
on 6 March 2015
Bought this to replace a bad Babyliss trimmer which broke after two months, this is actually a very good styler, the built in wet shave razor gives you the option to remove all stubble which is great. There are three heads that come with it (size 1,2 and 3) and they're all great at making facial hair look that little bit more neat, ranging from stubble to short facial hair. I've had it for just over two months now and i'm still using the battery that came with it and it's still just as powerful, would definitely recommend this for the price. It's incredibly easy to clean and is water proof which really does make it the perfect bathroom tool!

One thing I would say, if you're a big bearded user and want this to keep your beard neater but still long I would look elsewhere as the longest head that comes with the product isn't that long, however as its a styler and not a beard trimmer I think that should be pretty obvious!
on 12 July 2015
Works exactly as advertised. I tend to use the styler without any attachment: this gives a close trim that's a quick-and-easy alternative if you don't appreciate the abrasion or the time requirement of an actual shave. The plastic holder feels cheap but you can keep it hidden away inside a cabinet.

One point, which might have been obvious to most, is that the button operates as an on-off toggle - i.e. you do not operate the device by keeping the button pressed down!

Occasionally you will accidentally press the power button when you are attempting to remove an attachment because of the positioning of the power button and the attachment "lock slider", but this a minor issue that doesn't warrant the removal a star. Would recommend.

EDIT: An additional note worth mentioning is the packaging in which the device arrived would keep its contents safe from a nuclear bomb. The extraction process involved at least 3 different kitchen utensils. Hopefully the new "frustration-free packaging" has resolved this issue.
on 11 April 2013
The best clipper by far that i have used. It gives me styles i can be pleased with and battery lasts for a long time.
on 23 June 2015
Worked like a charm until the included battery ran out. At first I used an admittedly cheap battery but the trimmer could barely power itself. After that I switched to a similar Duracell battery as had originally been included but still to no avail - after a few minutes of weak operation it powered down.

Would not recommend