5.0 out of 5 stars A very nice product
As my wife had fallen for an iPhone, we decided to replace our ageing laptop with a new Macbook Pro.
It really is a nice piece of kit, but after having worked exclusively with Windows for the last decade, it takes some getting used to.

Published on 15 Nov 2012 by Hans

1.0 out of 5 stars Steer clear from Gadget Heaven if you want communication about VAT Invoicing.
WE HAVE CONTACTED YOU NUMEROUS TIMES.

YOUR FAILURE TO RESPOND IS DISGRACEFUL.

HRMC "As a VAT-registered supplier, you may be liable to a fine if you do not issue a VAT invoice for a supply you have made when asked to do so by a VAT-registered customer."

Amazon cannot request any more invoices as you have ignored them so many times...
Published 9 months ago by Caistor Arts & Heritage Centre

5.0 out of 5 stars A very nice product, 15 Nov 2012
This review is from: Apple 13-inch MacBook Pro (8GB RAM, 750GB HDD) (Personal Computers)

Browsing for files you have taken from your Windows PC (there is a nice migration tool available) is challenging at the start (until you find how to view the files in a way you recognise) and it took me some time to figure out why I was able to edit my wife's files, but she couldn't edit her own. Turned out it was due to sharing rights.

Anyway, so far no regrets and getting used to the quirky nature of some applications.

Update 14 February 2013:

After 3 months usage I can say that there are no regrets with buying a Mac, startup is quick (as in really fast), the performance is great, the number and variety of included software is a great selection and the build quality is excellent.
Some features (setting up a default workflow during "Printing" or more accurate, saving as PDF) are a real time saver and put one of the "Converting from Windows to Mac" websites in your Favourites to help you get to grips with the differences between Windows and OS X.

FYI, as some people seem to rate the seller / product combination in a product review, I bought mine from Best-Dealz.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 13 Feb 2013
I've had a Dell laptop for the past four years and recently upgraded to this exact MacBook - best thing I've ever done! I'm a student and have never enjoyed studying and researching as much as I have since beginning to do so on this MacBook - it's perfect for the student, the professional and anyone who is wanting to use it for general entertainment purposes. Very on-trend too and looks quite the business!

I do a lot of writing, photo-editing, video-editing, listening to music, watching DVDs and surfing the net and with an amazing battery life and huge storage space, huge RAM, clear screen etc, it's absolutely perfect and I'm sure will last me for a few years with as little problems as possible.

It's still very portable at 13-inch, so don't just buy a MacBook Air or MacBook Pro Retina on the whim - this specific MacBook, whilst the others are still amazing, has so much more in terms of what I've described above. When I bought it over the phone from Apple, the man on the phone said that it was the 'MacBook that has everything'! And it really does.

I'd heard so many great things from other Mac users and after having an iPhone for the past year or so and enjoying my experience with that, I really can say that I've made a very sensible purchase.

If you're a student at university in the UK (or indeed the US) I would suggest that you phone the apple store themselves like I did to get your discount (took about £180 off my MacBook in total, though I went through a lot of bother with that (quite a wait for a few days while they check your student status before they dispatch) but it was still worth it. For those who can't get the discount, I've had a very pleasant experience with buying many a thing from Amazon in the past and so I would recommend that you buy your MacBook from them and nowhere else online, especially this particular laptop here. It really is quite something.

If you're new to MacBooks then I recommend 'MacBook for Dummies' which they also sell on this website and make sure that you get the most up-to-date version (2012) as that fits this 2012 MacBook with OS X Lion and the features that come with that and this Mac perfectly. It's easy to read and full of so many tips!MacBook For Dummies (For Dummies (Computers))

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply INCREDIBLE, 30 Sep 2013
So much power, no problem whatsoever. This is what computing is all about! Packaging was incredible, and you really know you're getting a professional product from the start. I love this product and I can't thank you enough! Great price. Amazing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Fast Delivery, 20 Sep 2013
J. Hawkins (Wales, UK) - See all my reviews
Been after a mac book for a while, and this was a great price.
No faults with the mac it's been a great replacement for my old laptop, sorry goodbye windows.

superfast delivery turned up next day. so all in all a very happy customer.

Would recommend product and seller.

5.0 out of 5 stars So far, so good!, 19 Aug 2013
Bought for a teenager who manages to encounter (cause?) issues with most pcs or laptops within a very short period of use. No issues have arisen to date so I'm impressed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy transition from Windows, 23 July 2013
Pokergrrl (Essex, England) - See all my reviews
After mulling over getting a new Windows laptop for ages, I couldn't decide as they all had good points and bad points. Checking reviews of the MacBook, all reviews were good. No brainer in that case, so after most of my computer life as a Windows user, I entered the world of Mac.

This is a very good and powerful machine. Very quick to set up, connected to my home network fast and I transferred the 100 or so GB from my old laptop to the MacBook within 24 hours (via wifi).

As a Windows user, the Mac OS is very easy to get acclimatized to. There are obvious differences and still natural things I do that are Windows commands, but I'm sure it won't be long until everything is second nature.

The actual machine is a nice size and not too heavy (lighter than my old Acer). When you switch it on, you can be online within 90 seconds. That is super fast for me.

All in all, this MacBook Pro is great. I am glad I made the transition to Mac, and it is not as daunting as I first thought. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who wants a quality, reliable machine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what i've needed for a while....., 8 July 2013
Mr. T. M. Collins "~psybernism~" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
Ever since my old iBook G4 gave up the ghost I've been missing the simplicity and ease of use of OSX.
Not much I can say that other folks haven't said before, except perhaps that my new MBP has a US keyboard which should have been indicated in the product description. It's not a big deal for me considering I saved over 200 quid on a UK model but before it arrived I had already ordered and received a silicone keyboard cover for a UK keyboard which I then had to exchange.
Be sure to register your MBP with Apple and you will still enjoy the benefits of a 1 one year manufacturer's guarantee, extendable to 3 years with Applecare. Then you only need to take it to an Apple Store to get help if things go wrong.
I also recommend a Speck case and Mediadevil keyboard cover to keep your new toy looking shiney!

5.0 out of 5 stars Apple 13-inch MacBook Pro, 24 April 2013
just what you would expect from apple - an excellent laptop in all respects. The 13 inch screen is fine however my current flat screens make it difficult to connect the laptop to a larger screen if desired for longer term use during the day.

5.0 out of 5 stars exceeds all my expectations, 23 April 2013
Having resisted buying a apple mac for years I finally took the plunge and have no regrets.
No more problems, works as it should.
Wish life was always so simple!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product!, 22 Feb 2013
Wow! What a great laptop, so happy that I decided to pay more for the quality product. Picture is amazing and the amount of memory means that I have enough space for everything and should be suitably future-proofed too. Great product! Great service from the company too.

Apple 13-inch MacBook Pro (8GB RAM, 750GB HDD)
Used & New from: £949.00