4.0 out of 5 stars 15" MacBook 8gb, 2.6Ghz, 750gb Drive
What a cracker! I have owned Windows PC's since 1996 and I always thought that Mac's were over-priced. Well I still have that opinion.
Published 22 months ago by deepyh

1.0 out of 5 stars Not happy with the purchase!
The Computer is ok but I didnt get the first years warranty, which after spending 1500 is a total con!
Published 9 months ago by kevin bainbridge

4.0 out of 5 stars 15" MacBook 8gb, 2.6Ghz, 750gb Drive, 4 Sep 2012
This review is from: Apple 15-inch MacBook Pro (Intel Quad Core i7 2.6GHz, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD, HD Graphics 4000, 1GB GeForce GT 650M, OS X Lion) (Personal Computers)
After a couple of weeks of finding my way around a new operating system. I have found there is an incredible difference between the build quality of normal laptops and MacBooks. MacBooks boot up in the time it takes to bring up the password box on a windows laptop. Programs start-up almost instantaneously. You are encouraged not to close down MacBooks ie leave them on standby for a quick restart. And it really is QUICK! Software for Mac's seems to be much cheaper. The OS upgrade is vastly cheaper than windows.
Am I impressed? Definitely

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Class, 26 Sep 2012
I had a macbook pro 15 2009 2.66ghz intel core 2 duo and decided it was time for an upgrade, specifically to use FCPX as it struggled on my old MBP. This computer is incredibly fast. It makes using FCPX an absolute joy. No wait times, not even much for large renders. In real terms, it's at least 5 times faster than the 2009 model. I was thinking about the retina display but for the equivalent power and a smaller hard drive (albeit ssd) it would be 500 more. Also, not upgradeable with RAM etc., whereas I can buy 512GB ssd from crucial for 300 plus 16GB of RAM for 60 and have a MORE powerful computer than the top-end Retina. P.S. the person who wrote that 1 star review because of a non-delivery, you have posted it in the wrong place. It should be removed as it is an unfair reflection on the product itself.

5.0 out of 5 stars MacBook Pro, 25 Sep 2012
M. Gattuso (UK) - See all my reviews
I bought my first MacBook Pro in 2009, an Intel Duo Core with 2Gb of memory. This one has an i7 chip with 8Gb of memory. The first served me well but struggled when I started using FCP X and Motion 5. The performance of the latest model is outstanding and I rarely have to wait for processing when using my high-end applications. I easily attached it to an HP monitor I have had for several years.
Expensive but worth it and the 194 discount from Amazon compared with the Apple Store swung it.
My only grumble is that changing the battery looks a lot more complicated than on my firs one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential and excellent, 13 Dec 2012
Once it arrived (communication about delivery was not altogether brilliant - though the enjoyment of the MacBook is making it a blur in my memory!) my MacBook Pro has performed perfectly. I haven't had any issues with it. It's essential for my work as a graphic designer, so it has been an invaluable tool already and handles everything I need to use it for (running InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop with large and complex files and other software at the same time) really well. I'm very happy with it. I chose this MacBook Pro rather than the Pro Retina one because the Pro Retina doesn't have a CD/DVD drive (not sure why as that seems a little crazy!) - but very happy with the screen display on this one - in fact it's so shiny a bright day makes it hard to see! It's also beautiful quality for watching DVDs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Where would I be without it?, 8 Dec 2012
There is only one answer. Up a creek would be a likely contender. Nowhere near where I am with it.
Forget the comparisons with anything else. This is judged on its own. To start with, it's more relaxing to work with. You get this welcome feeling whenever you use it, whatever you're using it for. I tend to use mine for making music, writing whatever I need to have written, and creating whatever charts and data I need. it's a full production product, which isn;t saying a similar thing twice, by the way.
Now you can begin comparisons. What would I say? Don;t waste your time. There is no comparison to be made. This is all you need for everything you're likely to use it for. Now change my question. Where would you be without one?

5.0 out of 5 stars The best in the range, 20 Jan 2013
This is a monster of a machine and perfect for business, so much so that everyone in my business now uses Macbook pros with thunderbolt screens. This 15 inch machine is powerful, fast and totally reliable - and a total pleasure to use. Given the latest slim retina editions of the 15 inch model no longer come with a CD/DVD player/burner I would say that rather short sighted omission from apple makes this 15 inch model the best all round 15 inch model to go for. Whilst Apple clearly wants everyone to buy from iTunes, a lot of the world doesn't and a macbook without a CD/DVD drive would be a handicap in using any laptop for work.

5.0 out of 5 stars A real pleasure to use, 1 Jun 2013
After using Windows since the mid 1990's I was becoming increasingly frustrated at Microsoft's sluggish, memory hogging & bug ridden operating systems. The final nail in the coffin with MS Windows was the Blue screen of Death - where my system would shut down immediately without any warning. I couldn't stand the frustrations any longer so I took the plunge on a Macbook Pro as I wanted a better operating system without the bugs of MS Windows.

I've been blown away with quality of the Macbook. Not only is the operating system much more efficient than windows but the actually Macbook itself is built solid and oozes quality throughout. Everything runs faster, quieter, no noisy fan whirring away (unlike with all windows laptops) and the whole system is a pleasure to use - even the lid makes a nice clunk when you close it. There's also none of that daily download of updates you get with windows - you'll maybe get 1 update every 2-3 months. All USB devices work perfectly and I've never had an issue connecting anything which cannot be said for windows laptops which often don't recognise anything is connected or need to keep reinstalling drivers every time you connect. I have a top spec HP laptop and it feels like junk compared to the Macbook that I no longer use my laptop for anything.

The Macbook may be more than double the price of the equivalent windows laptop but in my view it's been worth every penny. I'm not an Apple fan boy at all however I can't help but recommend this product. One thing's for sure I'll never buy a windows laptop ever again - not that I'd need to as this Macbook will last me a few good years.

If you're growing tired of windows operating failures then maybe it's time you tried one of these.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Fantastic, 2 May 2013
I was using a HP Laptop before and after having dealt with the black screen of death I decided it was time to take the plunge and go for a Macbook Pro.

I can honestly say that I have no regrets at all! It is absolutely FANTASTIC!

It's so much faster and far more superior to other laptops out there. It took some getting used to the trackpad, but after a while it really is an absolute breeze to use. Quick and smooth. The macbook itself is beautiful, very sleek and professional looking.

Don't hesitate to buy it! It is worth every penny!!

5.0 out of 5 stars As described, fast delivery, great customer service., 6 April 2013
I am new to Mac's so was unsure about this at first, but after a phone call to the seller to answer all my questions (very helpful, and greatful that they phoned me!) I went ahead and purchased the Mac on Sunday night. It was posted on Monday and arrived 9:30am Tuesday; very quick if you ask me! It was well packaged and in it's original unopened box (as stated). I also received the free upgrade to better specs. It does state that the operating system is only Lion, not Moutain Lion, so this means you should do a couple of updates and update to Mountain Lion, however this was pretty simple and currently Mountain Lion is only 14 in the App Store. Other than this, the only problem I'm having is getting used to Mac's over PC's. I would definitly recommend purchasing here!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Machine!, 16 Feb 2013
Excellent build Quality.I am new to Apple but so far it is all they say!Pricy but a good machine and I can recommend it!