5.0 out of 5 stars Wish I had bought them sooner!!
This review is by my wife!

I honestly do not know what I would do without these straighteners - and that is me talking as a GHD user for 10 years!

Published 8 months ago by J Hinchy

1.0 out of 5 stars sent back for refund - just awful
returned these because they are faulty - strong burning plastic smell after turning on, absolutely disgusting. i actually checked if i had left any packaging on them because it smelt so bad.

Published 1 month ago by peanuts

5.0 out of 5 stars Wish I had bought them sooner!!, 28 Nov 2013
J Hinchy - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Remington S8500 Morrocan Oil Shine Therapy Straightner (Personal Care)
This review is by my wife!

My third pair of GHD's began crackling and working intermittently. I had felt for a while that they weren't working as well as they should have been doing but couldn't afford another pair of 100+ straighteners so had a good look on Amazon for 'the next best thing'.

May hair is shoulder length, frizzy and very thick so any straighteners needed to be really special to tackle my mane. Even GHD's had a job of taming my hair and more often than not my hair `bounched back' an hour after straightening. I read the reviews on these straighteners which were all mainly positive so decided to give them a go but I wasn't expecting miracles.
They arrived the next day and so I put my trusty GHD's away and got my new straighteners ready for when I washed my hair the next morning.

They heat up to 230 degrees and this was the temperature I chose when straightening. The digital display has a - and + to increase or decrease the temp and the temperature can be locked by pressing and holding the - button. The straighteners took about 90 seconds to heat up to 230 degrees.

They glide through my hair. I only have to go over my hair once, GHD's I had to do a few times to get my hair straight. The infused oil I am not sure makes a difference or not as I use Argan oil anyway whilst wet and then again after straightening.

The long, wide plates mean that I don't spend half as much time as I used to straightening my hair. What's better is that my hair stays straight - all day. My hair really has never felt or looked better (and I say that at the risk of sounding like a L'Oreal advert!).

It would be nice if these came with a heat resistant mat as they do get very hot and I have left some questionable scorch marks on my bedding - having learnt from that I bought one myself. Another minor gripe is that build-up of hair product can get stuck in the gap in between the plate and casing - bit fiddly to get out but a pair of tweezers does the job.

All in all excellent straighteners. In my opinion far better than GHD's and at a quarter of the price. I would definitely buy them again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Shining, 17 Oct 2012
b4-its-2-l8 (London) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I got this straightener for my wife, she says I should explain she has long, thick hair which she colours every month (apparently that's important for the review) and these are her comments about it.

As straighteners go these are good; they work well, it's easy to change the temperature setting, and the readout is clear, however, there are a few points she wasn't so keen on:

First, they are a bit awkward in use as the edges aren't quite rounded, so it makes it more difficult to style the ends of the hair inwards.

Also, there's no heat-proof mat supplied with the product, which is important to know as these straighteners can be used at 230 degrees, although my wife uses her set at 190 degrees, and even at this lower temperature there needs to be some sort of heat shield to protect the surface it rests upon.

Lastly, and most importantly, the 'shine' is nothing special by comparison with the Remington S9500 Pearl Hair Straightener Remington S9500 Pearl Hair Straightener she already has, in fact, she still prefers the Pearl model over this one because it glides more smoothly over the hair, has the rounded edges making styling hair-ends easier and comes with a heat proof mat (and at present, they're the same price on Amazon).

In short, both Remington straighteners are good but the Pearl gives a better shine for my wife's hair.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE it!, 26 Sep 2012
Laura Smith (Manchester, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I already own a Remington straightner, which I am happy with and thought it was just short of being as good as GHD. Then I got this - and my old straightner is out of the window! This works like a dream. Just before I got it, I borrowed GHDs to straighten my hair, and realised that they did give a better finish than my current straightner. I was considering going back to GHD, but then I got this.... It heats up quickly and you can adjust the temperature. Having quite thick hair, I use 200 degrees. You can lock the temperature by holing down the temp down button for a few seconds, but to be honest I've not managed to knock the temperatue off yet, as the buttons are conveniently out of the way of where I hold the straightner.
Not sure if it gives extra shine, as I am blessed with dark, shiny hair anyway, but I certainly like the idea! After using this on my hair, it sits perfectly, and in an average day still looks great by bedtime. This wasn't the case with my last straightner! It is definitely as good as GHD in my opinion. No flaws at all that I can see.

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW they are great, 25 Dec 2012
Bob W (Pickering, North Yorkshire, UK.) - See all my reviews
My wife's old straighteners gave up so I bought this and that was all she said WOW they are great.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 9 Feb 2014
Very good straightners they get very hot which is good for unruly hair much better than Ghd's would highly recommend these straightners

1.0 out of 5 stars sent back for refund - just awful, 18 July 2014

i also can't stress how much these straighteners have damaged my hair after 2 uses!! both times used on 180 degrees only. ive had to trim my hair 3 times in 3 weeks because it looked just awful after using these. i can use my babyliss straighteners every day for a week on a higher temperature and still come out with less damage than these have caused. maybe it is related to the burning plastic smell/ fault but other negative reviews say the same thing about damage. really disappointed, probably wont buy from this brand again. straight back to amazon for a refund.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant., 15 Jan 2014
Ashleigh Summerskill "Babyscouse." (Liverpool, England) - See all my reviews
I love these straighteners. They glide through your hair really well and I've noticed it takes me less time with these than any others I've ever used. You can definitely see the difference is the shine too. Would recommend these to anybody.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant christmas pressie, 28 Dec 2013
These Straightener's were a Christmas present and the recipient loved them her words were the best straightener's she has had and I can tell you she has gone through a few but these are just great with the Moroccan oil therapy shine complement the shampoo and conditioner that is used :)

5.0 out of 5 stars HOT... HOT... HOT..., 8 Jan 2013
My hairdresser uses these straightners and reccomended them to me, I had priced them and knew they would be more than my budget could stretch so was over the moon when these were half price!!!

The only one concern I have with them is Ive burnt my hand a couple of times as the hotplate is quite long in relation to the space where to hold the straightners to use... Practice makes perfect though, something ill have to bear in mind when using.

1.0 out of 5 stars good straighteners but i've had two pairs and both had electrical faults, 28 April 2014
when they actually work they're excellent! but unfortunately, i've bought these two times and both have had the same electrical problem within having them for a couple of weeks so been unable to use them as much as i should have. so for this reason i wouldn't recommend them