5.0 out of 5 stars No fillers here!, 15 Aug 2012
S. M. Collett (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Girls On 45 [26 Girl Groups, Girlie Pop & Soulful Ladies From 1963 - 1968 (Audio CD)
Being a die hard Girl Group fan I can't resist buying what promises to be 'a CD full of rare gems' etc. Up to now I consider myself lucky if out of 20 tracks, 10 are as the cover graphics promise. In this selection EVERY track is brilliant!! About 4 are available on other CD's but still well worth repeating (the very classy Emeralds track for instance), and just when I thought I knew every girl singer and girl group going, this selection has revealed a whole lot of excellent unknown singers and groups who never made it even though most of the tracks are produced by highly talented producers and arrangers! I won't review every track - the only thing I will say is, if I bought ANY of the 26 tracks for the average price of less than 50p (which is what they work out to be) AND got a fabulous booklet with pictures and information on each track, I would have been over the moon! Well done Teensville Records - can't wait for Volume 2!

5.0 out of 5 stars Girls on 45, 12 Jan 2014
Another of those volumes of girl group songs many of which deserved to have been better promoted when first released.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sizzling!, 16 Aug 2012
Amazon Customer "traceyann" (London) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
A fine compilation of mid 60's femme pop/soul, the cd (64.21 mins) comes with a very good 12 page colour booklet that has artist info, label scans and some pics. The sound quality for the most part is good to very good, one or two tracks are disc dubs (but these didn't spoil my enjoyment). As a girl group genre lover I was very pleased that I knew only a handful of tracks on the compilation. There are some stellar names in here 'Joanie Sommers', 'Samantha Jones', 'Sharon Marie' and it's always good to hear 'Breakaway' by Linda Lloyd. There's lots of spectoresque sounds in the first batch of tracks - great stuff. There are too many good or very good tracks to list them all but a couple would be - 'Did you ever love a guy' by the Emeralds & 'Betrayed' by Iris Harvey. Overall, a really good listen with many very good tracks with literally only one or two naff ones. High quality femme pop. Highly recommended.