5.0 out of 5 stars Incredibly helpful and useful book!
I've been studying French on my own, for some time now, and this is the best book I have ever bought for grammar practice! It's very helpful, explains everything, includes a vocabulary for every unit, and the exercises are great. The correct answers are included in the back! One of the best books I've bought!
Published on 28 Oct. 2012 by Natasha_C

2.0 out of 5 stars Content let down by poor layout
Overall I have very mixed feelings about this book

Good Points:
There are many exercises and the explanations are on the whole very good. So the content is fine.

Bad Points
Published 1 month ago by Sonrosado Roses

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredibly helpful and useful book!, 28 Oct. 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for beginners, 21 Nov. 2012
The book was very beneficial to a beginners course I am completing. It helped show the different grammar involved for each tense as well as providing a lot more vocabulary for certain verbs I was unsure of. Thanks to this book I have an increased range of french vocab and am more reassured when completing emails, speaking and reading in french.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best French book since school, 30 Nov. 2012
J. Long "Durasel" (Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
So many French books now are really only basic holiday french, not proper language primers. This is an excellent grammar tool for those who wish to explore the language more fully, and is easily explained with lots of examples.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect, 8 April 2013
B. Smith - See all my reviews
This review is from: Practice Makes Perfect Complete French Grammar (Practice Makes Perfect Series) (Kindle Edition)
I love this book.
I study French to degree level and have found that along the way some of the more basic grammar points have been forgotten; so bought this book to refresh and practice all the things I should have known and I have been pleasantly surprised. The book is laid out well (perfect for kindle) and has a wide range of questions to answer. There isn't too much on a page and the grammar explanations are delivered in a concise and easy to process way.
I'd recommend this book for anyone looking to brush up on their grammar. There are loads of questions to answer (and the answers are supplied) which for me makes it better than any of the grammar manuals that simply give explanations of points.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, 4 July 2013
This is a great book and I've found it very easy to use and highly understandable. I haven't done French for 30 years and found this great for refreshing my memory. Would definitely recommend. The exercises are great for ensuring you've understood each chapter's content and the answer key is great.

5.0 out of 5 stars French class, 24 Nov. 2012
A book ordered for use by the teacher of my French class. Very interesting, clear, concise. Like the answers too.

2.0 out of 5 stars Content let down by poor layout, 5 Dec. 2014
Overall I have very mixed feelings about this book

Good Points:

Bad Points
Wish the layout was on a two page spread, but exercises finish halfway down another page. I teach EFL and wish I could find grammar books of the same quality for learning other languages as there are for learning English.
Take Raymond Murphy's Essential English grammar, for example, its a fantastic book for learners. The grammar points are split into chunks with one unit covering a two page spread, easy for learners to refer to when they are doing the exercises. The explanation with pictures in colour would be on page 2, and the exercises are on page 3. There's no looking halfway down another page to find the explanation or going back to the first chapter.
So far I've yet to find anything comparable to what is on the EFL market, I understand English is the most widely learned language but surely French is extremely popular, worthy of better quality books?

In order to improve this book, I would split the chapters into smaller segments (easier to digest and remember) and have the exercises only on one page, with the explanation on the same spread, therefore no turning pages to try and find what the explanation is. No exercises finishing halfway down another page. This is even more important when it comes to people with specific learning disabilities (dyslexia) etc.. layout is extremely important and the layout of all this series is a real downfall to what would otherwise be a 5 star book.
If the publishers could afford it, colour would be a welcome addition. Again, essential for those with learning disabilities but also useful to everyone else. When everyone wants to learn things in the fastest time possible, things like layout and colour are actually very important and can mean the difference between learning a point in half an hour or a week.

5.0 out of 5 stars clear and concise, 7 Feb. 2013
This is the second copy of this book I've bought, this time for my daughter. She managed to pass her GCSE some years ago without having been taught grammar, but since going to work in France and having to actually communicate in French, she has really struggled to improve beyond a certain point. My French is fairly good but nevertheless I've found this book helpful for revising what I learnt years ago. I would advise working through the exercises on paper, not writing in the book, so you can go back and repeat them more than once.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 20 May 2013
I got this to revise grammar for my IB French exams.
Efficiently goes through a huge range of grammar with plenty of effective exercises.
Will provide a real boost to your French.
Stars with basic conjugations and goes all the way to subjunctives, various pronominals, conditional, etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Practice definitely makes perfect, 12 Nov. 2013
This is one of the best books for learning or reviewing French grammar. I bought this to use alongside course materials that I'm using to gain a qualification in French.

I wold recommend this to anybody who is doing any kind of course in French.

It is the second Practice Makes Perfect book that I have bought, the other one is the Spanish grammar book and they are possibly the best books in my opinion.