on 2 July 2013
I ordered these as I wanted a half decent looking pair of trainers for everyday use but didn't want to pay £80+ for them. These fit the bill perfectly.Delivered in less that twenty four hours after ordering,these shoes look good,fit well and have excellent grip. The only thing that some trail running purists might balk at is the fact that nylon mesh sections of the uppers are very thin in parts which means these shoes would only be good for fine weather use. I could see ones feet getting cold and wet very quickly in winter. Still, I wear mine for most of the day and for the price they are a bargain.
on 1 September 2013
Just got back from a 5k run in these. As everyone has said, these are very light and the fit is snug. The size 9 are about 270 grams per shoe - about 80 grams per shoe lighter than my Nikes. I noticed the air flow into the shoe is much greater than my Nikes thanks the thin mesh material.

My only real issue is the hardness of the sole. Below the insole, there isn't really any spring in them. Consequently the impact of the road is transmitted straight up my leg. My knees hurt after using them and I seem to have developed shin splint pain in one leg. As a fairly new runner I can't entirely blame the shoe, but it did seem to occur after using them for the first time. This can hopefully be improved with some special running insoles.

Good for the price but certainly wouldn't pay the 'suggested' £55.00 for them.
on 18 August 2013
The new balance are brilliant, lite, well gripped, only problem is there very slippery when wet if any of u don't mind training when raining. Apart from that I will be looking in to getting another pair
on 19 July 2013
light weight and durable. comfortable. great for cross country running. great price can't go wrong. would recommend these trainers to anyone who wants a cheap cross training trainer
on 16 August 2013
For the money these are as good as you will get. They were comfortable from day one. I always buy a half size bigger in trainers that I walk a lot in or play sport in. The extra grip on the soles suits off road as well as normal surface walking/running. I played hard court tennis in them and found them to be very good. Whilst reasonably robust they are light on your feet.

Overall they represent great value for money for what you get.
on 23 November 2013
I've been using this for 4 months now and decided to write a review for it. I would highly recommend this pair of running shoes. They are INCREDIBLY light and breathable, yet providing a lot of support and stability while running. I can only say good things about these shoes. I've only been using them in the gym and outside when it's dry because I know that it's not waterproof.
on 18 August 2013
Done a 7mile run in these off road. do quite a bit of wild running. So far very good, very lightweight compared to my more miles (they are also quite good).
Would liked to have seen lace tag to hold the tung. The only con I had with these is if you are a size 11 I would go a half or one size bigger as they are quite small compared to my other 11 trainers.
on 12 August 2013
Went for my first run and these feel like they have loads more life in them than my old trainers (I don't change shoes as much as I should). Very light and a good fit. For the price, these are a good simple, basic but comfortable running shoes.
on 26 August 2013
Bought a pair of these a couple of weeks ago. Really impressed, I've been using at the gym, but I could see they'd be good for trail running. Great value for money at £18.70, so much so I've just bought another pair!
on 22 August 2013
very happy with it..light and seems strong...specially for the price...I was looking for something for trail running and this new balance seems like the best choice for the budget i had.