5.0 out of 5 stars So easy and looks great!
Published 10 months ago by J M

3.0 out of 5 stars Chunky roses.
Published on 1 Nov. 2012 by Mrs. E. A. Scott

5.0 out of 5 stars So easy and looks great!, 28 Mar. 2014
This review is from: 3 IN 1 Silicone Icing Mould Moulding Cake Cupcake Toppers Flower Rose Sugar Paste Sugarpaste Decoration (Kitchen & Home)
As I am not very artistic I thought one of these moulds may be my solution though having read mixed reviews on silicone icing moulds I opted for an inexpensive one and remembered someone's tip to dust the mould with corn flour before pushing in the icing. The mould does not come with any instructions so that is an important tip to remember but having said that it is so easy to make perfect roses from the first time you use it. I have used ready roll fondant icing and also ready made sugar paste, just push a blob in and level off with a sharp knife and bingo! 3 perfect roses. Size wise they are a bit larger than I expected but you can put a little less fondant in to make slightly smaller ones once you have done a few to practice. I am using them for cupcakes for my daughter's wedding but they would decorate a large cake nicely too. I wash the mould out with warm soapy water, rinse, wipe dry and leave on a sunny windowsill for a day to ensure it is thoroughly dry before putting away.

4.0 out of 5 stars great, 10 Jun. 2013
these moulds are great for making roses easy and very effective. Any one can make them, so simple to use put them in the freezer for ten minutes and pop the icing rose out on to a plate to dry

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 19 May 2013
This rose mould does exactly as it says on the box. It makes beautiful little roses that do not stick to th mould.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 1 Nov. 2012
Cianta (West Sussex) - See all my reviews
My mould was delivered almost by return of post and arrived in excellent condition.

I already have a rose mould but wanted one with more depth. The rose is set off-centre which highlights the side petal and they sit on a wider base than is shown in the photos. The roses look very professional - and with very little effort! The method that works for me is to leave the mould in the freezer for five minutes - the icing slides out very easily and, as you can make three roses at once, it really doesn't take long to make a batch for fairy cakes. The mould itself is very flexible.

My work colleagues were very impressed and one wouldn't believe I'd made them until I showed her the mould!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliantly easy and quick to use, 5 Oct. 2012
This mould is a brilliant buy if you love making cupcake decorations.
Even though the instructions say to put in freezer for 30 mins this is not necessary.
Dust mould with cornflour to stop paste from sticking, tap pff an access then push in sugarpaste, level it off then push it out and leave to harden.

5.0 out of 5 stars Making sugar flowers, 28 Sept. 2013
These moulds are so easy to use and the end product is amazing.Just like the real thing! I would recommend it to anyone who finds making sugar flowers a chore.Can be made in a few seconds.

5.0 out of 5 stars rose buds, 28 Sept. 2013
lovely crisp image the mould is easy to use and clean. very good to use with modelling clay a joy

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 22 May 2013
Produces great looking roses very quickly, they do work out a lot neater if you pop the mould in the freezer for a few mins but can be done without putting them in freezer and do still come out of mould very easily.

3.0 out of 5 stars Chunky roses., 1 Nov. 2012
Mrs. E. A. Scott "Liz" (Wokingham) - See all my reviews
I thought this would be an easy means of making sugarcraft roses and I have not been disappointed with this. However the roses are very chunky and are not ideal on cupcakes. On the other hand the addition of colour after formation does make them a little more pleasing to the eye. It ensures perfect reproductions time after time but I prefer the petal cutters to produce a more realistic appearance.

2.0 out of 5 stars Looks ok but smells really bad, 19 Mar. 2013
The silicone mould looks ok, I haven't used it yet so I cannot give it a true review but the one thing I will say about the product is that it smells really bad, like it's covered in paint stripper the smell is that bad. I have washed it 5 times and it still smells just as bad, it has put me off using it to be honest as I would want my cake decorations to smell like that, it would put people off eating them! I bought another rise mould which was £10 and it came with a certificate saying it was made with safe silicone for baking, I'm thinking that this cheaper product isn't?