5.0 out of 5 stars I absolutely love this little lamp
I absolutely love this little lamp! It brings a warmth to your room like no other light that I have previously tried.

I currently use this on a frosted glass 1.5m computer table which sits perfectly. It is extremely relaxing when working late in the background or watching a movie with as it is non intrusive.

Pro points:
It actually makes you...
Published 11 months ago by Chris

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun but not great.
Good choice of colours if rather difficult to set.
Can only be pointed at one angle. I wanted it to point higher but have to settle with the angle that the outer case is set to.
When one picks it up to move it, one is rather inclined to accidentally change the colour at the same time, as the colour-changing guage is across the top exactly where one's hand goes...
Published on 28 Jun. 2013 by A. J. Griffiths

5.0 out of 5 stars I absolutely love this little lamp, 6 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Philips LivingColors Micro Colour Changing Mood Light White (Integrated 1 x 4.7 Watts LED Bulb, Touch Control) (Kitchen & Home)

Pro points:
It actually makes you happier
has the option to cycle through colours
easy access to cover and colour changing options

Negatives:
I actually couldn’t really think of any negatives! I have read a few reviews on here that I don’t agree with for example lack of colours, no remote etc but these features all come with the more expensive model. If you wanted these features you could go buy the bigger model and not take away from such a fantastic inexpensive light.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good light to change the mood. Yellow light used as night lamp., 17 Dec. 2014
It's a nice little lamp, for any mood setting, the colours are nice and interesting. I prefer to use the funky colours with other light sources in the room. This adds a small background colour, without causing it to be too distracting to your eyes. (ie: I wouldnt use the bright purple or blue if this is the only light source in my room. But, I dont mind using the yellow/greenish light as a normal night lamp while watching a movie.

The light always comes out at the same angle because there isnt any adjustable foot or anything; so keep that in mind. Lastly, I dont know what will happen if the lightbulb breaks though....

4.0 out of 5 stars Relaxing., 23 Mar. 2014
Nice size with a good selection of colours. I prefer to have mine on the varied colours. The colours are soft but you do get quite a noticeable amout of light from it depending on the position. The cable length is just right for us fir where we position it. Stays cool to touch even after hours of use. My son keeps moving it into his room so might need to invest in another for him.

4.0 out of 5 stars Smallest LivingColor model, 23 Oct. 2012
Dr. Paul Ell (NI, UK) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As the review title suggests this is the smallest of Phillips LivingColor mood lights. In total, at time of writing, there are five different LivingColor models. Three come with a remote control to select colour and a range of other options including colour intensity and brightness. Other models display a wider range of colours - up to 16 million - and produce more light. The remote models can also be synchronised to turn on from one remote and display the same colours.

While restricted to 64 colours the light seems to pretty much produce any shade of colour you might want. And although you can't change the level of colour intensity - which essentially means adding more white light - the lamp produces intense light which I think is rather good. The light is also fairly bright bearing in mind that this is a small lamp.

One of the selling point of the Micro lamp is that it can be hidden away in compact spaces. There are two problems with this. First the power cable is not particularly long at a couple of metres so the lamp needs to be near to a power point. Second, the lamp does not come with a remote control, all of the settings being on top of the lamp. To turn it on and offer, and select colours, you need to access the lamp itself. This is a real problem for a light meant to be hidden away. Further, because it's small you'll perhaps want to buy more than one but the lack of a common remote and synchronisation means each needs to be turned on individually. Another significant limiting factor.

So overall, the lamp produces a surprisingly comprehensive and strong range of colours and is very compact. It's ideal to hide in a corner, facing a wall, and perhaps have several of them. But the lack of remote control and a long power cable, reduces placement options. I'd suggest potential buyers look at the remote control LivingColor models but these are larger. So maybe Phillips should think of adding a remote control.

Good as far as it goes, but it could be better so three stars, verging on four.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Awesome., 16 April 2014
Simple to use. Plug in and you're off. Simple tap control and it really sets the mood. Thought about buying another one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb mood lights, 11 April 2014
Dave Walker - See all my reviews
I now have three of these, bought each time the price becomes reasonable. They make great mood lights, night lights, evening lights etc. Quite bright, but not suitable as a reading light.

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't judge before trying it out!, 19 Mar. 2013
McStick (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have to admit, I was guilty of doing judging this product prior to trying it out. I thought it was going to be another tacky, gimmicky product, which would serve absolutely no useful purpose whatsoever. Then I turned it on (and got blinded in the process, mainly because I didn't know how to work it) and was surprised at the effect it created.

After rapidly overcoming my initial concerns however, I now have to say that I really like it, and while the continuous colour changing mode makes it look like you're having a disco, it does cast a lovely glow across the room. Obviously, there are some of the static colours I like more than others (oranges, yellows and blues) and I think that it really adds an interest to the room.

Don't make the mistake that I did though and position it so the light it pointing out into the room - it is only a 5 watt LED, however it is super bright! Instead, position it so it is pointing towards a wall and then it will give a lovely glow on the wall. I'm really glad I found this product now!

5.0 out of 5 stars Small but excellent, 28 Oct. 2014
It is so small but it gives a nice atmosphere. You can put it on the floor or on any kind of furniture depending on the occasion.
Very glad we bought it. The light it is soft, not to bright which is good for relaxing or creating a romantic atmosphere.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great., 13 July 2014
Great light we have it behind the tv facing the wall it looks great at night, its currently on the colour red but it has so many different colours its great.

4.0 out of 5 stars Produces a nice subtle glow, 18 April 2013
MyKeyReviews (Hampshire, UK.) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Very surprised at how small this little lamp is, it fits neatly on my coffee table and takes up about a mugs worth of space.

The lamp will instantly light up when it's connect to an active power socket via the power cable; it doesn't have an on/off button, so you will either need to turn it off at the mains, or take out the power cable.

On the lamp there is a strip of different colours which is touch sensitive, so all you have to do is touch the colour you want the lamp to produce. If you want it to cycle through the colours, just hold your finger on the colour strip for 5 seconds.

Compared to the higher models, it does lack in features; it has no remote control, you can't sync it with out lamps & there is no adjustment in brightness, however it's still very simple to use, it's just you have to go to the lamp if you wish to adjust the colour.

The lamp is only 50 lumen, so the brightness is a lot weaker than the highest model which is 210 lumen, however I think it's just right for what I want; a nice subtle ambient glow for my living room.