on 4 February 2013
good cheap reliable replacement. excellent value for money. would reccomend to any one whos lost or broken the origional charger
on 16 August 2013
Shoddy design; after 2 months item failed, loose wire. Tried to get a refund (12 month warranty); unbelievably Tech Global said the item was invalid as it had a 65W rating but the charger on my original Dell N5010 had a rating of 90W. They are selling the item with incorrect wattage and then invalidating warranty because it is incorrect wattage. AVOID.
on 20 October 2013
I wish I had opened this item when it arrived, but I was on holiday. It feels cheap and plastic, so not what you might expect from an electrical device. I plugged it in, white flash and a bang later, it tripped out my house. A waste of money. I'm only glad it didn't electrocute me or start a fire.
on 28 March 2014
A lot of the reviews for this product are alarming and it may be prudent to take note of them. My experience is that there is certainly an incompatibility with newer dell models which use a power lead of a different design and which have a 1.6A input, as opposed to the 1.5A of this product and older versions of Dell's power lead. That said, the old 1.5A power lead I have, works fine with the newer laptop....?
Have not used this product for long enough to assess its safety or reliability, but it actually looks fine, but there are grammatical errors on the transformer which does not bode well - see 1 star reviews. What I can say is that it my Inspiron N5040 does not like this device - however, I now realise that the product description on Amazon actually states M5040 [unclear what difference this makes] - but "seems" to work fine with an older Inspiron 1150. Also, when I received this product, I realised that it had a 13 Amp fuse in the plug - this should be a 5 Amp! When I replaced this fuse, one of the end caps came away! I have never known a fuse disintegrate like this...It was of very poor quality and doesn't inspire confidence. My advice is to use a 3 Amp fuse with this device, just in case.
on 1 July 2013
The charger arrived quickly and worked brilliantly. It was only several weeks later when I was watching 'Fake Britain' it featured chargers which were fakes which had blown up and given the owner an electric shock. It reported that the writing on the charger had grammatical errors and did not make sense. I checked my charger and it said exactly the same as the one featured on the programme. It has not malfunctioned yet but am not going to take the risk and will order a much more expensive genuine one from Dell.
on 14 February 2013
This item is excellent value.It does everything the original adaptor did and did not cost the earth i would recommend this
on 13 February 2013
A good charger replacement for for my Inspiron 6400 for a Dell original battery charger which lasted over four years.
on 17 May 2016
Great product that worked exactly as it should.
Purchased for my business to use as a replacement for a laptop.
Easy to swap out, straight forward, good quality and simple.
High Quality keyboard, similar to the OEM one that came with the PC.

Shipping time was as expected, and packaging was good, too.
This would be a great choice in a replacement for anyone who needs to get a new one, regardless of reason.
*Must Have
*Good Packaging
*Fast Shipping
*As good as OEM product
And cheap
Over-all great quality product.
on 27 February 2014
It's an adapter - that is what it does, and it does do it! It isn't as robust as the original adapter that came with the laptop so it'll be interesting to see if it lasts as long. My only whinge is over the delivery. I paid extra to have it delivered next day. I popped out for half an hour and - you've guessed it - that's when it arrived. I had left a note on my door to deliver it to my next door neighbour who is always happy to take parcels and packages in for me. But, no, the dreaded red card was left for me to have to collect the thing. It being a Saturday, I had to wait til the Monday to collect it. Apparently, Royal Mail will only deliver 'special delivery' items to the address on the package, as it has to be signed for. However, if my neighbour had waited in my house, that would have been OK! The Royal Mail said they needed ID, but anyone could give them ID as long as they were in my house! I paid double for this item to get it delivered quickly. I'm not blaming the supplier - but Amazon please make it clear about special delivery arrangements, don't hide it in the small print (or wherever it was I may have been able to see it if I knew to look). I know several people who have been caught out like this, now that I've told friends what happened. Buyers beware - check what 'special delivery' really means.
on 10 April 2016
Bought this as my old charger died. Was really pleased to find this one as my laptop is from the year dot. Have never bought a non branded charger before but considering I had already purchased two previously direct from Dell which had both broken, I thought I would try a different brand this time. Came in a really sturdy box which is where I am storing it when I am not using it. Plugged straight in and within seconds my laptop began charging. The brick itself is very well built and the adapter fits into it quite snugly. Came with a standard British plug which is great as a lot of electrical products I buy don't.
Only slight niggle is that the end that goes in to the laptop was easily knocked out and the lead itself is not very long at all. Apart from that it does exactly what I need it too and so far have had no issues.
Brand New Laptop AC Adapter Power Supply Charger for Dell inspiron 6400 6000 1000 1400 1501 1525 1520 15R N5010 M5040 PA-12 PA-2E