on 3 May 2012
I was very excited when this nail varnish came out! When it arrived I followed the instructions on bottle. Apply one coat & let dry. Apply second coat & IMMEDIATELY hover the magnet over nail for 5 seconds. Apply top coat. Nothing happened! Removed varnish & started again, this time I applied one coat & hovered magnet and it worked. Two coats just DOESNT work. The effect can come up great on one nail & less visible on the next!!! Once you get the hang of it , its fine. Good luck guys!!! =)
on 25 January 2013
I thought this nail varnish was quite cool, and the pattern created using the magnet was really unique. However the nail varnish did chip quite easily and wasnt very long lasting...
on 5 August 2015
Tried other makes and have to say this is the best one so far.
Other cheaper makes take more than three coats and chip. Barry M is very easy to apply and lasts well and the bonus is that the magnetic top is separate from the bottle lid.
on 10 February 2014
I have ordered twice form Amazon for this Barry M Cosmetics Nail Polish Magnetic Blue, more for its Union Jack magnet than everything else. Even the replacement come with the same flaw, the magnet is the zig-zag pattern of black nail polish instead, not the Union Jack one. I am sending both back and buying from Boots.
on 24 April 2013
I like wearing wacky nail varnish and magnetic varnish caught my eye.

It's a great concept but either the magnet is not strong enough or the magnetic particles in the varnish isn't strong enough as I couldn't always get it to work, even though I followed the instructions.

When it does work the effect is really impressive - when it doesn't work then it's not!
on 23 February 2013
This is a lovely colour. I tried to use the magnet, but I didn't think it left that great an affect to be honest. I much profer the crackle nail polish. A nice colourbut the affect just wasn't for me. I also found that this polish chips quite easily too which is kind of annoying when you've gone to so much trouble to do your nails. Mine lasted a day before chipping.
on 17 June 2013
I was really disappointed with this product. Really difficult for the magnet to activate the polish. It's the same colour and make that my salon uses so I can only assume it is a copy. I even took it along to my salon and they couldn't get it to work.
on 1 January 2014
Firstly it arrived two days before the delivery date which is always a bonus. Secondly it's a brilliant colour nail polish (could even be used by itself and not magnetised) and finally it's easy to get the magnetised effect after a few practise attempts. Therefore I'd recommend it.
on 5 December 2013
My daughter sent me a link to this product and asked me to order it for her, which I did. She wanted blue* polish; we got purple. The listing picture shows blue, it is labelled blue, but as you go through the order process the picture changes (see the one on this page) and the label changes to "violet". Not knowing what colour she wanted I assumed it was the purple. Not knowing that the picture and description would change through the order process (why would you even suspect this?!) she assumed she would receive blue.

With the product came a card saying it had been supplied by The Pea's Knees. I contacted them explaining what had happened and asking how to go about getting the blue one (can't order another in the same way - it too will be purple), and expressed my irritation at being misled in this way. They were impressively quick to reply, and did offer me a refund on return of the purple polish, but said that I should take it up with Amazon. Now this did annoy me. Surely it should be THEM who should let Amazon know that THEIR customers are being misled? Why are they happy for this to continue?

Give it a wide berth, if I were you.

*Search blue magnetic nail polish
on 28 August 2013
Had never heard of magnetic polish before I saw this product, so thought if give it a go, great choice! Was a bit worried I wouldn't like the colour at first but it's so pretty! Magnet is easy to use and only takes a few seconds to work. It arrived 2 days after ordering so really pleased! Iv bought some separate magnets to go with it for different patterns, can't wait to use them!

See one answered question