5.0 out of 5 stars Roller Trio
Some funky grooves and some extreme sax playing! Awesome! Definitely worth getting if u like jazz, funk, fusion. Buy it. Yes.
Published 21 months ago by Jp

3.0 out of 5 stars Is this like some modern art?
Published on 11 Dec 2012 by Luggsy

5.0 out of 5 stars Roller Trio, 11 Mar 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Contemporary, 12 Dec 2013
Mr. S. Lawless "stevelawless" (brighton UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Roller Trio (Audio CD)
If you like Acoustic Ladyland or Polar Bear you will probably like this. Some pretty chunky pyrotechnics on the sax. Great melodies and some very muscular soloing. As a trio it presents a very open sound with some sparce comping on the guitar which also seems to be playing the bass lines. Very groove based music, which I am into.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool modern Jazz, 5 Nov 2012
dizzeechanne123 (wolverhampton, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Roller Trio (Audio CD)
Lovely tunes, great for chilling out to. In my opinion this album should have won the Mercury award. Alt J are good but Roller trio are reinventing Jazz for a new generation and that desreves to be rewarded. Only downside is that the album doesn't include any information on the songs apart from the titles, it doesn't even state the song's time duration.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ingenious!, 9 Oct 2012
This review is from: Roller Trio (Audio CD)
I'm going to keep this short. This album is brilliant! Roller Trio are an utterly fantastic band, and if anything, even better live! (not that you'll believe they could be, listening to this)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, 9 Oct 2012
This review is from: Roller Trio (Audio CD)
Absolutely awesome album, great fresh Jazz tones by the 2011 Peter Whittingham Award winning band, absolutely love the quality of this album with some awe inspiring moments! Heard them on Radio 3! Great band live and all that energy really caught on this album. Ignore at your peril!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, 16 Jan 2013
This review is from: Roller Trio (Audio CD)
This was a present, so in a sense it's not for me to rate it, but the recipient seemed very chuffed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Roller Trio, 13 Dec 2012
This review is from: Roller Trio (Audio CD)
Roller Trio was sent and received in good time. This CD was new and therefore in fine quality on arrival.

3.0 out of 5 stars Is this like some modern art?, 11 Dec 2012
This review is from: Roller Trio (Audio CD)
Heard about Roller Trio through Mercury award and thought I'd get the album. Well it's definitely out of my comfort zone but you have to keep trying new things. My son (who's 17) said he thought it sounded like a bunch of kids playing randon notes on random instruments and couldn't believe I'd actually paid for it! Modern Jazz (I think that's how you would describe it)is an acquired taste and I'm not sure if I've got it yet. Part of me feels that there are probably 3 young men sat somewhere laughing and counting their money - is it a case of 'the kings new clothes' or is this really genius? I don't know. I do know I will listen to it a few more times before I decide. It's a bit like some modern art, is Damian Hirst pushing boundaries or just taking the p? If you like current Jazz I'm sure you'll like this, if not and this is your first venture into this area then borrow a copy first.

Roller Trio