5.0 out of 5 stars Well written, entertaining read
Top notch witty writing makes this autobiography a pleasure to read. Rod Stewart has had such a brilliant life and his book covers everything from his early days with the Jeff Beck Group and The Faces, all of the ladies in his life, childhood exploits, hobbies and family to his music career up until now. Packed with loads of stories, many which are simply hilarious, I...
Published 18 months ago by Mrs L Bates

3.0 out of 5 stars feel slightly let down
I got this book because I had read some really good reviews. I am slightly disappointed because of them! Do not get me wrong this is an entertaining book written in an engaging cheeky chappie style and has its moments of amusement, I just found that for me there was a little too much leggy blond stories and to few music ones. I must admit I grew tired of often samey...
Published 5 months ago by Mr. E. W. Gregory

‹ Previous | 1 2 367 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A Fun Read!, 20 Sep 2013
C. S. Eusebio Ellis "CSE" (Horgen, Switzerland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rod: The Autobiography (Paperback)
He is totally candid and sometimes shocks but is never boring. You find yourself gasping at his audacity but love him just the same. A marvellous read by one of our best loved, hugely talented, original naughty boys!

4.0 out of 5 stars A Well Edited Book, 18 Sep 2013
This review is from: Rod: The Autobiography (Paperback)
Quite an easy read and as a 'child' of the sixties I appreciated lots of the people he talks about. He does try to redeem himself too and if he means what he says, he can now see the error of his ways and regrets some of his actions as a younger man.

5.0 out of 5 stars Review for Rod: The Autobiography, 16 Sep 2013
This review is from: Rod: The Autobiography (Kindle Edition)
Very enjoyable read. Changed my opinion of the chap now I've read it and have started to listening to some of his earlier music.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book great value for money with loads of personal information on Rod Stewart, 16 Sep 2013
This review is from: Rod: The Autobiography (Kindle Edition)
very interesting product with loads of detail. Would definitely recommend this book to any Rod Stewart fans. Great value for money

5.0 out of 5 stars A very readable autobiography, 15 Sep 2013
This review is from: Rod: The Autobiography (Paperback)
Well written and humorous book. Appears to be a very honest and candid account of Rod's life. Very difficult to put down at times!

4.0 out of 5 stars Gutted I have to knock a star off., 1 Jun 2013
This review is from: Rod: The Autobiography (Hardcover)
Reading the first 260 pages of this book was such a pleasure - it's telling, candid and above all, amusing. Lots of self-deprecation and wit. But then, oh Rod!! Page 261. And I quote,......

"In all, "Out of Order" gave me four big single hits in America and marked, you could say, the completion of something of a turnaround for me in the US. In addition, the single "My Heart Can't Tell You No" off that album was a Top 10 hit in the UK, which was comforting, because I seemed to have been getting into a bit of a bat-and-ball situation vis-à-vis the country that raised me.".....

I'm sure most Rod fans will know full well how well Rod has performed in the charts over the years. "My Heart Can't Tell You No" only made it to number 49 and spent just 4 weeks on the chart. This error made me question many of the other anecdotes and facts. I do hope this was a genuine mistake and that the book is otherwise a true representation of Rod, of whom I'm a big fan.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rod: The Autobiography [Hardcover], 16 Oct 2012
This review is from: Rod: The Autobiography (Hardcover)
Brought this for my wife for Christmas Free post arrived in two days couldn't wait until Christmas and my wife say it is a brilliant, read Rod say it as it is So Buy it

5.0 out of 5 stars Life's not a dress rehearsal................................., 1 Jan 2013
J.D. Chaplin (East Anglia, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rod: The Autobiography (Hardcover)
This is a lovely book, written with a winning candour throughout.

Rod Stewart has produced an autobiography full of great annecdotes, joy, regret but most of all an unquenchable thirst for life. One can only bear witness and applaud the way he takes full advantage of all that fame and fortune brings his way. What makes this book so entertaining is his refusal to judge or comment on the behaviour of his former selves. He merely sets out the story and asks the reader to make up their mind.

I challenge any man having read this to not thereafter ask himself in many a situation 'What would Rod do?'.

What is especially touching is his love for his wife Penny and large family. This is a sunny book and if ever someone's life epitomised the benefits of not taking things too seriously or analysing things too much it is Rod's.

Frankly you come away wanting more. I hope he writes in more detail in the future, particularly on the sixties and seventies with The Faces.

He didn't get to where he is today without meaning every word if it...

5.0 out of 5 stars Rod Stewart, 30 Oct 2012
This review is from: Rod: The Autobiography (Hardcover)
This is one of the best autobiographies I have read. It is very well written and searingly honest. Rod has laid bare his life and has dispelled a few myths as well. The only complaint I have is there is no mention of the album he made as Python Lee Jackson. I like the way he digresses from his story by mentioning his various hobbies.Rod comes over as a committed family man but also concedes he has behaved badly at times If you want to find out more about one of Britain's greatest singers this book is a good place to start

3.0 out of 5 stars Indulgent, 26 Feb 2013
This review is from: Rod: The Autobiography (Paperback)
Despite being a great fan of Rod Stewart's music - I found this autobiography to be indulgent and a tad boring. I suspect there were some key gaps in the story. Rod harks on about his working class background - but he clearly hasn't led this sort of life for a very long time. There was nothing riveting about the story and found myself ploughing through the book wondering how much more I had to read about this man who hasn't quite grown up.

‹ Previous | 1 2 367 | Next ›