5.0 out of 5 stars Enchanting
Published on 13 Jun 2012 by S. J. Graham

2.0 out of 5 stars this lady has a lot of time on her hands
You will like this if you are a homemaker with plenty of time and like to use a lot of ribbon and teatowels. I never did call my children babbas. I felt a little embarrassed to have downloaded this one. Old fashioned mother's will love this, just not my thing.
Published 8 months ago by Birdy

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Enchanting, 13 Jun 2012
S. J. Graham "S J Graham" (Staffordshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Scrumptious Treats For Vintage Housekeepers (Kindle Edition)
I love Alison's writing, and usually buy all sorts of articles and books from her, directly from her brocante home website. This book is lovely for dipping in and out of as the year goes by. If you're ever feeling discouraged with your domestic homelife, Alison helps to relight the fire of enthusiasm about your home. There are lots of little ideas in this book, for celebrating both the ordinary, and the celebrations of life - I love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure pleasure, 16 Jun 2012
You don't have to live in an thatched cottage in a picturesque village to find great joy in this collection of treats. This is for everyone who wants to take a moment to step out of their busy lives and re-charge. With this e-book Alison May opens up a whole world of simple, genuine, pleasures to improve your day and your surroundings and truly make them your own...
So get yourself a nice hot drink and slice of something sweet and settle down to sheer enjoyment...

5.0 out of 5 stars Entirely delicious!, 13 Jun 2012
Ms. J. E. Mayo "Ginny Weasley" (Manchester, England) - See all my reviews
Alison's blog has been inspiring me for a while now, and I can wholeheartedly recommend her first book. It's full of little ways to brighten your day and make your home feel like the cosy welcoming place you long it to be. I hope this is the first of many publications!

2.0 out of 5 stars this lady has a lot of time on her hands, 3 Dec 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Scrumptious treats for vintage housekeepers, 16 Jun 2013
What planet does this woman live on? It is good and has good ideas for housekeeping. I'm not sure I have the time or inclination to agree gingham around my house!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very sweet book, 26 Dec 2012
Really lovely ideas and a perfect book to dip into. Be even better if it had pictures. worth the money

4.0 out of 5 stars A great cozy winter read!, 3 Feb 2014
I'll start by saying that I did genuinely enjoy this book. The ideas are a little repetitive in places (there's a lot of putting blankets in baskets!), but there are also some real gems. Overall, it's a feel-good book that makes for a real comfort read and conjures up some beautiful fireside imagery.

My two complaints are:

a) By the time you're a couple of pages in, you will never want to see or hear the words "delicious," or "scrumptious," again. A catchphrase can be overused!
b) The author has very strange ideas about the correct use of apostrophes, and will force them into random words where they don't belong. The book, (at least the Kindle version), would benefit greatly from being professionally proofread.

4.0 out of 5 stars worth a read !, 7 Nov 2013
This book was easy to read, pick up and put down etc. At first I wasn't sure I liked it but as I read on I really liked how it was written, like a gentle stream of simple pretty ideas. Painting your broom handle a nice colour really stood out for me ! I looked at mine and there it was stood up against the wall all dull looking and brown, I would never have thought of painting it to add the joy of colour to something I use every day, and there is something special about sweeping your kitchen floor ! The little things really can make a difference, little touches of thoughtfulness here and there. I think I will read it again, it was a very pleasant read !

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderfully scrumptious, 25 Sep 2013
Lovely book filled with lovely ideas . As a not entirely vintage housewife gave me lots of inspiration for making my world just that kills bit lovelier :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Scrumptious treats for vintage housekeepers, 6 Sep 2013
What a wonderful book of vintage tips and ideas to make any house utterly delightful. A lovely feel good book, highly recommended.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›