5.0 out of 5 stars Not your average crime novel!
Published on 21 April 2010 by Aletheuon

3.0 out of 5 stars Too much religion
The storyline was good and the characters interesting and like able. The problem for me was too much religion which slowed the pace of the story and made it less believable.
Published 9 months ago by Shewhosmiles

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Not your average crime novel!, 21 April 2010
Aletheuon (Wales UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I'm not usually a fan of Christian fiction, still less of American Christian fiction and it did take me twenty or so pages to get past the Americanizations and the slight general wordiness. But once I got into the story I was hooked. Set in the Bronx, Italy and the Sonoma wine country, the story line is mysterious, engrossing and moves at a good pace. The characterization is brilliant. I loved the way that Kristen Heitzmann's rich imagination creates a world where cruelty and evil, high ideals and faith clash and interact, with truth and largely without sentimentality. Each character is flawed yet gloriously and eccentrically human,and each learns more of how to deal with life, pain and death. I really want to know what happens to them. As soon as I had read the the end, I started the book again, picking up lots of rich details I missed the first time around. There are two further books in the series. Can't wait!

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent book, 9 Jan 2013
This review is from: Secrets (The Michelli Family Series Book #1): A Novel (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this book. The storyline is original and I found myself really getting in to it. I brought the series on the strength of this book.

3.0 out of 5 stars Too much religion, 7 Oct 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Superbly Written, 14 July 2014
What a fantastic book! Secrets had been sitting on my Kindle for quite some time, but I'm so glad that I got to read it at last.

I found Kristen Heitzmann to be a great writer. As each page and chapter went on we discovered a little more about Rese and Lance, their pasts, and Lance's family history. There was so much in the book: mystery, suspense, romance, healing, faith and amazing food. Where can I find a Lance to come and cook all that mouthwatering Italian food for me? There was also a great cast of well-drawn characters, including Baxter, Lance's Harley-riding dog.

I'm really looking forward to reading the rest of the series in which we'll discover more about the family secrets, and hopefully see Lance and Rese's relationship develop further.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, 12 Jun 2014
A good product and a good price......very effective reading in the sunshine when we have some.....a very good value product

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Storytelling, 29 Mar 2014
Have just finished the first of 3 Michelli family books. I would recommend it to all who love a great story with well drawn characters that holds the readers interest until the final page.

2.0 out of 5 stars Secrets, 21 Nov 2013
This is the first book I have read by this author . More a romance than a crime story . Enjoyed but ending weak. Not sure I will read the next book in the series

5.0 out of 5 stars Different, 31 Oct 2013
At first I wasn't sure I'd continue reading but all I can say is "AM I GLAD I DID" . Completely different to anything I'd read before,thoroughly enjoyed it and couldn't put it down the further I got. Ready for the next one now!

4.0 out of 5 stars worth a read, 22 Oct 2013
I found this book a good read, the characters were qquite believable. It was a tad slow in the middle. However I have bought the next 2 books as I was interested enough to find out what happened next

2.0 out of 5 stars A bit boring, 25 July 2013
I did read the whole of the book, however, I did skip all the religious gumph. The story was easy going and would have held me if it had had more grit. Rico would have been a far better hero, Lance was a wet weekend at the seaside. Don't bother if you like more than a chaste kiss.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›