I know I'm just a lazy g.. so-and-so, but I always found draining vegetables and small pasta shapes, etc. between pan and plate an unnecessary extra move.
This was cheap enough, and it allows me to just fish the peas and other stuff straight from the pan and serve them almost straight onto the plate.
For the price it's surprisingly well made. Not professional quality, but not too flimsy either. I've been using it relatively regularly for months now. I can store it and find it quickly in my (over-full) utensil drawer. If you have a utensil hook in your kitchen it has a hole in the handle to hang it up.

Anyway, I hope that this review is helpful in some way when making the decision.
on 1 February 2015
We did wonder what the quality of this would be like as it was coming from a long way away and very cheap but when it arrived it was as good as we could have expected; pleasantly surprised in fact. We just can't get on with those oven chips and we don't eat enough chips to buy one of those modern day fryers so we use a large saucepan with oil in it. This gadget is a must for us. It has been used a few times now and it is just the job.
on 3 August 2014
A wonderful kitchen tool. I hate greasy food but some recipes do call for deep frying. I've always used a slotted spoon in the past but somehow you still end up with a lot of fat and oil on the food.This ladle makes a huge difference though. Being made from steel wire there is such little surface area for the fat to cling to that you really only end up with the fried foodstuff and virtually no fat clinging to it. I would thoroughly recommend it.
on 18 January 2013
saw nigella using this on her cookery show, wanted one like it! a really handy size.good for small amounts of veggies.
on 22 September 2013
Very light and easy to use, be careful of a bit so sharp edging, but does the job loads better than a slotted spoon. The packaging was way over the top, it arrived in a huge box, but have recycled.
on 10 June 2013
Overall this item seems perfectly functional but beware. It is on the small side and the handle is also shorter than I expected. But it's lightweight and feels like it will be able to cope with the job at hand. For the price I'd say it's a good buy.

As for service, excellent. Arrived within 2 days of order by UPS so zero complaints about the seller.
on 21 January 2016
It's a lot smaller than I expected. I don't anticipate it to last more than a few years as it's a little on the light weight side but worth the small amount paid for it.
on 27 December 2014
Seems to do exactly what it should and to be good value for the price.
Would have preferred to pay more for a stronger one that would probably last longer though.
on 3 April 2013
Great product that arrived on time. Very useful for deep fat frying. There were some very similar but over priced products, this one was very reasonably priced.
on 4 April 2016
Much smaller than it looks, feels very light and cheap and is made from 'strainless streel' according to the label. took ages to arrive