TOP 500 REVIEWERon 18 October 2013
Replaced a dead 5 year old MBPro with an Air. I have a few extra older PSUs (MagSafe ones lets call them) at my key locations and buying this converter means I can use those instead of spending over a hundred pounds replacing them with Magsafe twos. So yes you can save some money using these on working MagSafe ones.

This adapter is tiny 22.5x12.6x17.2mm but the strong magnet inside means it will stick to the cable (and laptop) reducing the chance of it dropping off and disappearing behind a cupboard. Or for that matter being swallowed by a kid or pet. The only decision is: do you buy one and hope you manage to keep it with you at all times or buy one per PSU and hope no one pinches it when away from your desk.

The tiny size for £9, the scepticism over Apple really needing the shape change for 'design' reasons has made me stick to one for now but I anticipate eventually buying more. It is actually a remarkable object from an engineering and manufacturing point of view, quality item with fine tolerances, I just get a bit annoyed about the reasons for its existence and the profit margin.
on 4 February 2014
I do get the argument that Apple shouldn't have changed the standard and it's unfair to have to buy this... but they did, so we have to deal with it. Technology must change to evolve and improve.

This helps ease that pain. You've already spent a lot of money on your MagSafe charger, this simply (and very securely) attaches to it and allows you to use it with a MagSafe 2 Macbook (a 13" Retina Pro, in my case).

I've bought two and doing so means I haven't had to buy any more power supplies. That really is as simple as it gets.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 18 August 2014
I'm relatively new to the "Apple" party and so didn't have anything with the original Magsafe adaptor - then I acquired an airline adaptor for use with my Power Gorilla.

Whilst it is expensive for what it is, that's what you get with Apple products and is to be expected. This, however has brought a new lease of life to something that would probably have ended up in landfill otherwise, and I can't fault it - the magnet is strong and several months of use later, i've not lost it yet. Well, the adaptor that is!
on 12 July 2014
Difficult to say much about this - if you have a magsafe charger, and need to charge magsafe2 devices, then this is essential. Well made. The only problem is that it's small enough to easily lose. Essential for those who need it. Was delivered promptly and in proper apple packaging.
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 22 February 2015
I have just replaced my trusty, but aged MacBook Pro with a new model and so have the problem of several of the magsafe connectors not fitting.

This is a superb little device, which just works.

It has a very strong magnetic connection to the old lead. So far it has never dropped off, which was a concern.

It just works, perfectly and flawlessly.

And while it is quite expensive, it is so much cheaper than replacing redundant power leads.
on 11 February 2016
So handy and saves you from having to buy a new power cord for the newer generation of mac computers. I've had mine for while now - the magnet is very strong, although easy to remove if necessary. I keep it attached permanently - had thought about getting one of those storage pieces to keep the part attached but it wasn't necessary in my case as I primarily use my Macbook Air rather than flipping between it and the older Macbook. Would highly recommend as very useful for anyone in the situation of needing a new power cord and having a (or multiple) older ones - you can still use them!
on 15 November 2014
Having been provided with a MacBook Pro Retina for work, buying one of these has allowed me to leave the original power supply at work, and re-use my own MagSage adaptor at home.

Note: it's worth looking at a 'MagCozy' which will enable you to physically attach the convertor to your MagSafe adaptor, keeping it close to hand at all times.
on 1 May 2015
This is a must-have product if you have a macbook with the magsafe2 connector and older magsafe power adapters. You can save a lot of money by buying this with respect to buying additional power supplies.

This is magnetic and will stick firmly to both your Macbook port and the old Magsafe connector. Even if you attach and detach it many time, it is still comfortable.

Just keep it away from your credit cards since it has a strong magnet.
on 30 November 2015
When I updated my MacBook Pro, the spare power cables I have around ( to avoid having to keep getting the one out of my bag which I usually carry) became redundant and would have meant buying a load of new ones (not cheap!).This is a simple (and cheap) alternative, and means that my children can still use the same chargers for their Macs when required. Not had any problems.
on 4 March 2016
When I decided to change my old MacBook Pro for a brand new MacBook Air a was disappointed to see that the MagSafe had changed. I had many power cables as I like to keep them at strategic locations around the house, where I am most likely to use the laptop. This adapter allows me to still use the old cables! The magnet is very strong and it is very small and nice.