Package Quantity: 1|Style Name: Original Packaging|Change

on 2 October 2013
Have been using this cable intensively for over a year now and still works perfectly. Construction and connections are solid. It's compact but large enough that I'm not worried to lose it. I just wish iPhone chargers were as well built as this. Star knocked off for price. I imagine if Apple's connectors and adapters were more reasonably priced, such as thunderbolt, they might become more widely adopted.
on 19 November 2014
Works as one would expect. No issues there.

Price - that's the thing that grates -
I realise then when buying into the Apple Ecosystem you are paying a premium price for a premium quality product - I'm happy to do this after years of frustration with Microsoft...

However £25 for an adaptor that is a required necessity in many cases, takes the urine somewhat..

A tenner would be easier to swallow - or, here's an idea, with a computer costing 2 grand, maybe Apple should chuck one in?
on 9 May 2014
I am tempted to give this 3 out of 5, however, that would be unfair.

It does the job, nothing more to say apart from the excessive price that apple charges for a core feature on nearly all laptops, however, in this case, I would say it is required to keep the thickness of the Macbook Pro down; only issue is price, £25 for a cable is daylight robbery when it costs pennies to manufacture.
on 9 June 2013
Very good choice, much better and more stable from Usb to Ethernet adapter for MacBook Air
I would recommend it.
on 24 September 2014
Bought this for my macbook air as a backup, in case I ended up somewhere without wifi. I haven't really used it much in the last 18 months, but I did try it out a few times. I tend to have a Thunderbolt to VGA/HDMI adapter plugged in when at work/home, so since you only have one port, something has to come out.

I suspect in hindsight, having a USB to Ethernet might have been a better option, leaving the thunderbolt free for a monitor.

I had a few issues getting it configured in OSx, but a bit of googling got it sorted.
on 3 October 2013
Wish my MacBook Pro had an ethernet out as standard but I guess it'd take up too much space.

Just plugged in the adapter, plugged the ethernet cable in to the adapter and my Virgin SuperHub and am now enjoying 120Mbit+ speeds - much faster than I could achieve via Wi-Fi.
on 2 December 2012
There's little else to say, it works fine and I've thus far experienced no problems. Seems durable and well made.

I try to keep price out of a review (and it is exempt from the rating given for the product), but I can't help feeling it's far too expensive for what it is.
on 17 January 2013
I needed this, not so cheap, adapter for my new Retina Display MacBook - In many hotel rooms there is no wifi, but there is ethernet plug, and that is where one needs this cable, until ethernet plugs are replaced with Ethernet-to-Thunderbolt ones.
on 4 September 2015
Would work much better if it were longer - it kind of bends clumsily out of the computer.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 20 January 2014
Expensive what it is, but it works and works well - would be nice to see Apple provide something like this with all the new models, but understandable why not.

Plug in and go, and you get maximum speed as you may expect.

Recommended.