5.0 out of 5 stars Magimix Le MIni Plus
Published 19 months ago by jobielad

2.0 out of 5 stars Brittle plastic.
Published 15 days ago by KayBee

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Magimix Le MIni Plus, 12 May 2013
I chose this rating because it is ideal for my needs. Being a family of 2 I replaced a bulky family size Food Processor and got rid of a glass jug blender and other large attatchments. This food processor sits neatly on our counter top and matches other accessories. It has a small footprint and is ideal for all the usual food processing tasks. The blendermix attatchment is superb and such a simple concept ensures that smoothies, soups and other liquids are blended to perfection. The motor is quiet - much quieter than my previous family size food processor and it gently hums as it works on the bench. I can pulse or leave the motor running for tasks. It also comes with a neat box which stores attatchments and although some reviewers say that it doesn't store items neatly I have had no problem so far. I store mine along with the blendermix attatchment, citrus press and small inner bowl (which fits in the larger food processor bowl} in one cupboard area instead of 2. Peace of mind is afforded by a parts guarantee of 3 years and motor is guaranteed for 12 years so although more expensive than my other purchase I can rest easily knowing the Magimix quality and name will afford me security. i have not yet used the citrus press but all other attatchments fulfil their purpose. This isn't however a family size food processor so would suit a family of 2 or 3. So far I am very pleased with my purchase. Coupled with my KMix this should help with all kitchen tasks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mighty mini!, 15 Nov 2012
I have the Compact 3100 but needed this for a small holiday flat, was not expecting something to compete with my old machine but have to say I am very impressed. Comes with virtually same attachments of exactly same quality & durability, even with the mini chopper bowl; well built solid, weighty machine, basically a slightly smaller version of my current beloved machine. Would be ideal for a couple, motor is pretty quiet & deals with everyday cooking requirements. Its as tall but smaller footprint so takes up less space on a worktop but as far as I can see, with little other compromise that a slightly smaller bowl.

5.0 out of 5 stars Life changing, 15 May 2012
'Life changing' may seem a rather excessive description of a household appliance, but since buying a cute orange magimix le mini plus, I have stopped eating a pint of Haagen-dazs for dinner and started eating meals like grilled fish and wholemeal couscous with dressing blitzed in the magimix instead, with frozen banana vegan soft-scoop (also made in the magimix) for dessert. The other day I even made mayonnaise! Very exciting. Thus far I have lost four pounds and my teeth hurt less. It also looks really good beside the Nespresso machine and is easy to clean and use. The only thing wrong with it is that the assembly instructions are a bit vague and do not tell you which blade is which very clearly, or which way round the mini bowl goes, so I almost broke it twice within ten minutes of taking it out of the box.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent build quality, quiet and the guarantee is brilliant, 21 Mar 2014
J. Cashman (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Magimix 18231 Le Mini Plus Food Processor, Black (Kitchen & Home)
Looking for a food processor, I was put off brands I used to go for, like Kenwood, where I've seen the quality drop significantly from what they used to produce. Seeing as we seem to be in a disposable culture, where appliances like this aren't built to last any more, I really wanted a food processor from: i) a reputable brand; and ii) with a good guarantee. With this Magimix, I got both. It seems to be very well made, is simple to use and very quiet. The best part, though, is the guarantees - three years as standard (very unusual now, with most items being guaranteed for one year) and 20 years on the motor! This mini processor is the perfect size for my partner and I and I'd highly recommend it (or it's larger cousins) to anyone.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four stars for now, 4 Aug 2014
I recently bought both this and the blender used from Amazon Warehouse Deals and I plan to add to both reviews as I use the products for different purposes and over the life of the product.

When I first unpacked this, I was in awe at the number of accessories. The manual, when compared with the manual for Magimix's blender, is hard to follow and less intuitive. Washing everything before the first use took a while.

First use: Blade
the manual says to use the mini bowl for small things like onions. I chopped and added half a red onion and some soft ingredients before switching it on, first in Pulse mode and then in Auto. The onion half sat above the blades and I had to transfer everything to the main bowl for chopping. Not the fault of Magimix, I must say, but I was a bit surprised.

The auto mode also stays on continuously, as there are no pre-set programmes that switch off after 60 seconds, unlike the blender.

Still, the main bowl did a fine job and it was easy to clean afterwards!

Second use: Slicing disc

The Magimix did a fine job of slicing larger items such as sweet potatoes, tomatoes, cucumbers, etc. but be mindful that the feed tube is not large enough to accommodate an entire tomato or sweet potato. Smaller items such as herbs were not well sliced but this may be because they were wet; I expect dry herbs slice better, and don't get trapped in the nooks of the disc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it ... Love it ... Love it ..!, 17 Jan 2014
Fantastic processor plus machine, always in use daily for almost everything, does exactly what it says on the tin ..!

4.0 out of 5 stars Magimix, 4 Dec 2013
Am very happy with my magimix.The size in particular suits my needs..making smoothies, chopping and mixing/kneading a small loaf of bread.Easy to clean also.
As part of a couple I didn,t need or want anything bigger and it doesn,t take up too much space on my worktop.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy with this little gem, 10 Sep 2014
This quiet and powerful machine is great! The capacity is a bit less than I expected, but it works great for my boyfriend and I. I have used the blender, juicer, grater, and chopping feature so far. All work great. Make sure to start with smaller amounts to avoid not getting all the food the same dice.

Made guacamole and hummus, minced meat for meat balls, grated cheese, made a mango smoothie, and much more. Love this!

5.0 out of 5 stars neat little processor!, 23 Feb 2014
Purchased for my daughter as a xmas pressie and she is more than impressed with it. Handy attachment for making small amounts - ideal for making Thai paste for e.g. other attachments not yet used including an egg whisk.

2.0 out of 5 stars Brittle plastic., 10 Dec 2014
Bought this a just over a year ago. Very useful size when cooking for smaller numbers. My gripe with it is that although the motor is guaranteed for five years, the plastic above it is not very robust. The locking mechanism has broken twice and I don't use it heavily, less than once a week. For that reason I would say buy a different brand. I bought my daughter a John Lewis one three years ago, very heavy use as she has a young family, and nothing has chipped off or broken.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›