5.0 out of 5 stars Filthy, Rich and Catflap - 25th Anniversary Edition [DVD]
Published on 22 Mar. 2013 by Mr. C. A. Tiffany

1.0 out of 5 stars Filthy, Rich & Catflap 25th Anniversary Edition
5 stars for the show, as I believe it to be Ben Elton's best work and way ahead of its time, especially as it seems that life is now imitating art! Eddie Catflap is also my favourite Ade Edmondson character - far superior to Eddie Hitler.
I also love Nigel as Filthy Ralph and his Polari phrases.

However this version is only slightly more complete than the...
Published 11 months ago by Gary E Powell

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Filthy, Rich and Catflap - 25th Anniversary Edition [DVD], 22 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Filthy, Rich and Catflap - 25th Anniversary Edition [DVD] (DVD)
I bought this and was great to see on DVD. I would like to inform anyone, who was wondering, whether this DVD had the omitted singing Scenes restored. Well, I am pleased to say that it has. Richie singing in Bed on 1st ep: opening scene and Eddie singing to Midge Ure. I still own the Videos and I watched those and the Singing scenes were cut. Them been cut does not make any difference to the Series, but is nice to see them. So now you can buy, without hesitation. Enjoy them as much as i did.

1.0 out of 5 stars Filthy, Rich & Catflap 25th Anniversary Edition, 19 Jun. 2014
I also love Nigel as Filthy Ralph and his Polari phrases.

However this version is only slightly more complete than the initial Playback release and therefore I'm still keeping my original taped TV transmissions. Despite previous reviews I can assure you that both Playback & Acorn; -

i). omit all of the Oliver sequences;
ii). both have the 'Morning Has Broken' song from the first episode (this wasn't cut);
iii). Playback doesn't include 'Roxanne', whereas Acorn's does.
iv). Though both do not have the Joe Dolce song gag, during the same sequence.
v). Playback is rated '12' but for some strange reason it's been reclassified as '15' for this new Acorn release?
vi). on the reverse sleeve of Playback it warns of edits due to contractual reasons (music rights etc) - no such warning on Acorn.
vii). 25th Anniversary Edition is totally misleading - as there are no extras; bar static filmographies; subtitles & a picture gallery with about 3 pictures (hardly special features) or any remastering.

Overall a poor lazy release packaged up as an Anniversary 'special type' Edition.
I hope one day it finally gets a release that's worthy and contains proper special features such as talking heads or commentaries from the writer or surviving cast.

1.0 out of 5 stars Edited don't bother, 4 May 2014
I love this show and was really looking forward to watching it on DVD but was wary due to edits of songs and whole comedy routines. Such as the hilarious pick pocketing scene I have the early 90s Vhs version which wasn't edited and was expecting the same complete version but with superior visuals. No its a nice clean print but with edits.....very unhappy dumping this dvd on ebay and going to get my vhs version transferred onto dvd. Very annoyed as others recommend it as uncut.....

1.0 out of 5 stars Edited..., 10 Jun. 2014
When a fully remastered and unedited version is released I will buy. R.I.P. Rik Mayall (9th June 2014) you'll be missed.

1.0 out of 5 stars Edited and messed about, 22 Jun. 2014
I'm only giving this one star due to the edits. The series itself was brilliant and so underrated. I had this recorded from UK Gold years ago and I'm gutted as I can no longer find the videos. As consumers, we've paid a tv licence and we've paid for this DVD so there shouldn't be any cuts, and the beeb should have made sure an agreement was made so the singing scenes weren't cut. The pickpocketing scene they've omitted was so funny. I'd happily pay a bit extra for this to have it in its entirety. And now that the late, great Rik Mayall is no longer with us, they should release this again in his memory, completely uncut and with a few extras too, like commentary on episodes or bloopers etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Reykjavik, Iceland., 22 Oct. 2012
Mr. P. M. Jobson "Joby" (Louth, UK.) - See all my reviews
If you know this series, you'll get the title of my review. A simply awesome series with loads of stuff recycled in Bottom. However, if you're new to this, you'll need to understand their motivation as the jokes about Brucie, Tom O'Connery, Lesie Crowthery and of course, the Tarby, simply won't resonate. Once you understand, you'll howl with laughter.

Oooer, sounds a bit rude!

3.0 out of 5 stars Love the show. Not so keen on the DVD., 16 July 2014
Alan Brindley "Alan B" (Sedgley, West Midlands UK) - See all my reviews
I had this as a Christmas present to replace the old playback DVD as I believed this version would be uncut. However I was annoyed when during the pickpocket scene it clearly jumped and it was obviously cut. I cannot understand why Jimmy Saville references would be left in but what was clearly a funny scene would be removed?

Ridiculous!

5.0 out of 5 stars Filthy rich and catflap, 5 Mar. 2014
This is so funny it's strange to see how they progressed from the start of their carriers
Child hood all over again

5.0 out of 5 stars always loved this and it's NEVER shown on tv now, 14 July 2014
always loved this and it's NEVER shown on tv now, so was delighted to get this DVD. Arrived promptly and in great condition. Very happy with this purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Baby Bottom, 13 July 2014
Classic mayall that bridges the gap between the young ones and bottom. Loved the crazy performance on 'oo-er sound s a bit rude'.
'you jest, you jape, i am one of britain top comic talents'....classic

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›