5.0 out of 5 stars Finally a watch with an Interval timer, 2 Jun 2013
I have been looking for a watch with an interval timer for a long time, I have been making do with an old timex which had a count down timer with an alert beep which lasted 10 seconds so I could do standard tabata's but still had to keep track of the rounds in my head, I have this watch less than 24hrs and it is already the best thing I have bought in years, I have had at least 4 Gymboss timers and although they are excellent I have a habit of losing them or they break down if I train in the heavy rain, the only criticism would be the beep at the end of the first interval could be louder / longer, I suspect swimming intervals could be difficult to hear it, not tried that yet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Timex Ironman 50 lap gents watch, 3 Nov 2012
Eric Baxter (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This is a first-class, reliable, reasonably priced running watch.
It is very easy to use and the big numbers are useful for someone like myself who normally wears glasses, but not while running.
I bought it because the strap holder snapped on my previous Ironman.
And, on the Ironman before that, the actual strap broke.
Let's hope I have better luck with the strap this time, but I have no worries about the watch itself.

4.0 out of 5 stars just the ticket for nightime time checks with no specs, 2 Jan 2013
I wanted something with big numbers and backlighting so I didnt have to a) swithc the light on and b) find my glasses to be able to tell what the time was. This has been perfect. Waterproof and tracks time in 2 timezones as well as all sort of complicated timing that I dont use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 7 April 2014
If your eyesight is failing like mine , then buy this watch, only thing is I didn't search enough and could have bought for 33. Instead of 48. But easy to operate etc

4.0 out of 5 stars gents watch, 8 Mar 2013
husbands anniversary present he loves it number big enough so he doesn't need to put glasses on to read the time

5.0 out of 5 stars Timex T5K493SU Ironman watch, 30 Aug 2011
I bought this watch mainly for it's large and clear lcd display (I do a bit of running and don't want to strain to read the digits) but also for the orange strap. The product arrived in good time as per usual with amazon but the packaging had been a little beaten up in the post. Despite this the watch was unmarked. In practice it's functional, extremely lightweight, the large tall digits are easy to see under running conditions and so far I am a happy jogger. AND it looks cool (love the orange), I just hope the strap doesn't break over time.

Update: I've owned this watch for over a year now and any fears I had of the strap failing have been dismissed, it's still going strong, unlike my worn-out knees!

5.0 out of 5 stars Macular Disease, 12 Jun 2014
My last watch was an analogue and now that I run for fun rather than against the stopwatch, I didn't think I'd need another digital watch.

However, having developed Macular Disease/Degeneration, I wanted a watch that was easier to read. The numerals on this one are nice and large and it doesn't scream "I'm a fitness fanatic" like others I viewed here on Amazon.

I'm sure it's good for running times etc too, but more importantly for me, it is fit for its intended purpose.

Big plus point for me - you can set it to day:month in the British format, rather than being restricted to the American month:day format.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab, 16 Jan 2014
Partner loved it, couldnt be happier with purchase, would definitely recommend this product for any sport made partners out there.

5.0 out of 5 stars First Class!, 24 May 2013
Great just what I've grown to expect from Timex, easy to use, large clear to read numbers, solid strap which shouldn't break easily

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch - great price, 7 May 2013
Turned even quicker than was estimated - does everything I hoped for. (Timing of Reps and repeat countdown.

If I'm picky, the explanation of features could have been more precise. Very happy with this purchase after first 2 months of daily use for running.