Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£0.99

on 26 March 2013
I wasn't keen on this book at all.

From the beginning I was missing the plot in the book, and the caracters never seemed to come to life. The beginning was ok, we get a brief introduction and an idea what is going to happen but from there the story doesn't pick up.

We get to hear about a group of American soldiers and how they are sent into the midst of the jungle to fight, but without knowing what they actually have to do. we follow all the soldiers and get to hear a bit about their backgrounds, not a lot and not enough to really get to "know" them.

We also hear about the soldiers on the Vietnam side, how brutal and horrible it is for them. And how tired they were of the war. The informations we get about the soldiers on the Vietnam side is even more brief than what we hear about the American soliders.

All the caracters portrayed seems horrible and none of them seems to actually bring anything to the story, except showing how horrible it was. By the end of the book I thought how pointless that I used time on reading this book.

Perhaps I dislike this book so much because I have read other books about the Vietnam war which really got to me, where I felt that you really got a feeling of the war and how it was. I would much rather recomend We Were Soldiers Once by Harold G. Moore and Joseph L. Galloway.

I didn't rate the book as 1 star as I managed to finish the book so it wasn't totally bad!
on 11 December 2012
An excellent book, extremely easy to read, extremely well written and highly recommended for anyone with even a passing interest in the Vietnam war
on 16 November 2013
Started promisingly but the relentless negativity frustrated me. Also, shallow characters, could not bring myself to care about them. Just about finished it.
on 10 February 2013
Bought this book following a short holiday visit to Vietnam , wanted to learn more about the war, this helped
on 28 May 2013
Great book kept me reading all night and now on my Kindle I can read in bed and not disturb anybody.
on 29 June 2013
This is not a very good read, had to force myself to keep going and was happy to reach the end.
on 2 January 2015
Gripping and puts you back in the thick of it!
on 6 July 2014
they are all very good books
on 29 November 2014