5.0 out of 5 stars Fuloon 30A Solar controller
I had my doubts about receiving this from Hong Kong but I received it 2 days before the delivery estimate start date.

Published on 3 July 2012 by Rich4358

3.0 out of 5 stars hhmmm
its ok not very clear messaging and don't tell you the amps not the information I wanted it to give me
Published 20 months ago by ann dally

5.0 out of 5 stars Fuloon 30A Solar controller, 3 July 2012
This review is from: 30A Solar Controller / Solar Regulator / Solar Charger MAX 360w 12v / 720w 24v (Electronics)

I have been using a Wellsee (TM) WS-MPPT15 Solar controller from Germany. The Wellsee MPPT is supposed to have superior solar abilities than any other types of controller but I found it to be inefficient, it would not permit me to use an inverter directly from the battery terminals.

From the moment I connected the Fuloon controller, I had power to run (and will be connecting other devices)my Hozelok all in one pond pump/filter. There is not any drain from the battery, as I had before and considering its a dull day without any direct sunlight, I am amazed that its running at all, as it wouldn't before.

Very easy to use, although some of the English translation can be confusing but common sense prevailed and I set it up without any fuss. Having the ability to make adjustments to the Load/Light/power-on function can be useful but my load is constant and from the battery direct, so I just set it to manual and left it at that.

I might wire some lighting up to it at a later date and will update this review at that time.

If you want a Solar charge controller that works and arrives on time, is easy to use and in my opinion is so much more efficient and more affordable than European makes, then this is the one to get. Stunning, Magic and an outstanding product. Fuloon PWM SL-O2A 30Amp Solar Power Intelligent Controller from [...] Via Amazon was my deal of the year.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice controller, 20 Sept. 2013
Well built, sturdy all metal casing, smaller than I thought it would be (a bonus!). Has 6 terminals: 2x solar panel input, 2x battery, 2x power output.

Very customizable charge regulator, has many pre-set battery types and also allows custom settings to be entered manually, such as charge and discharge cut off voltage etc.

Main feature is that power output can be automatically controlled depending on the time of day. This is based on how much power coming in from solar panel. If there is power coming in then it is considered a day time. If no solar power then it is considered a night. Based on that power output will turn on at night (ie for lighting) and turn off during the day automatically. Furthermore AUTO ON can be delayed by a settable number of hours if desired. This is ideal for sheds and alike and requires no additional electronics or light sensors. Or if needed power output can be set to permanently on.

All the set up is done via short-long pressing a single button. Because of this some people may find it a bit awkward. User manual is not very well translated to English and therefore may gets confusing at times. So it may be difficult to achieve some things at first. But some fiddling, patience and common sense will get you there eventually. Once past that all the settings will be retained even after prolonged power loss. So you won't have to come back to the setup stage ever again.

I own this controller for over 3 months now, works as intended, no complaints what so ever. Very nice controller, a steal for a price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Has it's limitations but is a good cheap alternative., 17 Aug. 2014
I purchased this with my first solar panel and it does what it claims to do, however there are a few drawbacks. I like the load switching feature which allows you to have the load turned on all of the time as a pure low voltage cutoff, you can turn the load on and off with the button on the front, the load can come on when it gets dark (sensed by the voltage of the pv panel. The threshold is adjustable) and you can also set how long the load stays on for. I have this powering some lights outside which come on when it gets dark, stay on for 4 hours and then turn off. As winter approaches I can make them stay on longer. The controller does seem to waste a lot of power though. Even when it is bulk charging it seems to disconnect the battery a lot to sense the solar voltage and the PWM frequency seems to be in the order of seconds per cycle, rather than KHz as I expected so the battery voltage seems to go up and down a lot. I think this is a good stepping stone until you can afford and genuine MPPT charger. I suppose when I get a better charger I could use this as low voltage cutoff or set it up with a 10w panel just to sense the light level and run lights from the batteries.

1.0 out of 5 stars I was cheated, 2 Jun. 2014
Jamal Wali "J Wali" (RANDOLPH, MA, US) - See all my reviews
I bought this item as 30A but after installing the rating was 20A and I keep experiencing problems. unfortunately I only realised this when I cannot return.

Zero Stars

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 29 May 2014
Product arrived within 36 hours fantastic service. One doubt product labeled CE but instructions in Chinese first and then in English. Is this product really made in Europe???? But it dose the job very well.

4.0 out of 5 stars More than enough for the job., 8 Jun. 2013
Arrived in a couple of days earlier than expected.
Doing the job nicely from a solar panel on my boat.
Slim, so i mounted it on the ceiling so that i didn't have to take wires very far.
Only had it a couple of weeks so can't give a longevity report.
Only criticisms and they are very small.....
1.If you were to connect and disconnect wires from the regulator a lot it would be nice to have deeper recessed groves in the screws of the wire pinching mechanism and
2. The translation of the manual is a bit suspect in places but it appears to have many tweaks and alteration to the normal setup and so would be excellent in more critical situation.....can even set the out voltage to that of a phone battery!! See specs.
The only tweek I made was from the orignal set up for a sealed battery to mine which is a calcium calcium open battery.
So when it says keep pressing (the button to change settings) read as keep pressed sometimes...that's given you a head start!

There is an output that comes on when it gets dark that is not explained that well.....I think that it is for 12v lighting but I'm not sure of the output current...or why this output is available on many regulators....I think it might be for security lighting to make it look like there is someone "in"....you can alter the time when it comes on after dark.

3.0 out of 5 stars hhmmm, 7 May 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the money, 8 Dec. 2014
Decent controller, if you can decipher the "english" instructions then you will be happy with it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, 17 Oct. 2014
difficult to setup bought a solar 30 instead brilliant

5.0 out of 5 stars does its job l am pleased, 13 Nov. 2014
Mr. John Catterall (SALFORD, UK) - See all my reviews
does its job l am pleased