on 3 February 2013
This graphics card is aimed at entry-level users, (web browsing and other non intensive uses) except I was pleasently suprised by what it could manage. My PC is quite old. (Althon X2, 3GB DDR2 Ram) and was running off integrated graphics. I play minecraft, and with the addition of the card only, I could boost my settings from low-medium to high-extreme. The card also managed other games such as Farming Sim 2013. If low to mid level gaming is your style, this graphics card can manage fine.

Of course it is not going to match up to it's bigger brothers (the GTX range) but if you are aiming on not spending triple figure amounts of money on a graphics card but want good value for money, this card is for you.
on 14 January 2013
This arrived promptly and was well packaged but note that, while the card is low profile, only the standard brackets are supplied; low profile brackets would need to be purchased separately.

Easy to install, no additional power connectors. Drivers didn't work first time on Windows 8, it took several reboots for the OS to first recognise then install the drivers. Once working though it improved my modest little computers Windows Experience Graphics score from 2.3 to 6.0, so I know its working!

Not a great gamer but dusted off my old UT2004 and checked before and after: was getting 45FPS on default before, now getting 110+ on full everything.

Bundled software is easy to use and allows you to set profiles to match your usage.

Overall, this is no groundbreaker but works very neatly and quietly to sharpen up a tired old machine.
on 17 March 2014
Was ordered because of a suspected failed graphics card in my current PC. It was delivered swiflty by Amazon and was easy to remove existing graphics card and install this one after watching a couple of videos on how to replace graphics cards.

Specs of the graphics card are not the best and I did not require the best graphics card. Runs very well and is silent because it has no fan. Is much better than my old graphics card (from an old HP PC, 5 years), as it can run both HDMI and VGA at full resolution, each differently, monitor at 1600x900 and TV on HDMI as 1920x1080. Does require a bit of tweaking with the Nvidia software to make it work better.

Been using it for a month and it has caused no issues. Images produced on screen seem to be improved compared to the old graphics card.
on 3 January 2013
I replace and old but still functioning graphics card with this and was really surprised at the quality of the pictures on my LCD monitor. When purchasing things online generally you are not always sure that the colours being shown on the monitor are correct, but now I know that the colours are relly accurate.
Very easy to install, so long as you have a spare PCI Express slot.
on 12 January 2013
I was well pleased with this graphics card. Simple to install and update and I particularly like the dust free cooling fan.
on 19 October 2015
My old 19" AG neovo LED (4:3 ) monitor packed up suddenly so I needed a new monitor. I bought a Benq VW2245 16:9 monitor but then found that my old NVIDIA 256MB graphics card simply wouldn't work properly with it: the main issue was that the graphics card didn't support the new monitor's native resolution and so was very laggy. So I decided to buy a new graphics card.

The Asus GeForce GT 610 Silent caught my eye because it was inexpensive and fanless with plenty of memory - I've had enough of tinnitus inducing little fans on graphics cards. This new card also had to be compatible with my old Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3R motherboard which is PCI-E 1.0, not PCI-E 2.0. PCI-E 2.0 is supposed to be backwards compatible and after reading some of the reviews here it seemed that this is indeed the case, so I bought the card.

» Fitting
Had no issues fitting into existing PCIE x16 slot. Although if your motherboard's PCI-E slots are too close together you could possibly lose access to the slot directly below. That said, I have a PCI-E USB 3.0 card fitted in the PCIE x1 slot directly below the graphics card and the heatsink on this new graphics card just clears the top of the USB 3.0 card's circuit board below. I have two 140mm side panel intake fans blowing air over this area so heat isn't going to be an issue.

» Windows 7
I uninstalled the existing drivers before switching cards and then after restarting ran the setup for installing the new drivers. As I'm not interested in overclocking the card or 3D gaming I didn't install the Tweaking utility or the 3D gaming stuff. The graphics driver, the HD audio driver, and the Physx system software were the only things installed. That went smoothly, and native resolution was auto selected on reboot. No issues...except after about 1 week...

About a week after installation the graphics driver starting crashing. The display would go black and come back and Windows 7 reported "Display driver stopped responding but has recovered". Seemed to occur when watching videos and watching videos via browser, but then it occasionally occurred when doing something else entirely. After searching I discovered that this issue has been plaguing many people with NVIDIA cards for the past 5 years and there is a very long list of weird and wonderful fixes from people that are supposed to cure the problem....and don't! From what I can see 95% of the problems are with NVIDIA drivers and Windows 7. After a week of trying to find a solution online I gave up and was set to get another card. However, when I was installing my new drives recently I noticed that a setting in my motherboard BIOS named Performance Enhance was set to Turbo. It was always set to Standard as far as I remembered so that's what I did, set it back to standard, and changed the initial display back to PEG as it was back to default of PCI for some reason. I haven't had any problems since, fingers crossed. Don't know that it's fixed, only time will tell!

» Windows Experience Index
This card scores low on the Windows Experience Index Desktop graphics and Aero category with a score of only 4.6. But the 3D gaming and business graphics score for the card get a 6.3. I suppose I could disable Aero but I like the features, especially the Aero peek. Excepting the Desktop performance score of 4.6, the lowest score now is 6.3. I shalln't bother with another card for now though. It'll be a new motherboard, CPU and memory next and I'll see how it fairs then in a motherboard that supports PCI 2.0 before making any decisions to get a new one.

In summary, it's a good value basic graphics card, but possibly with some driver issues.
on 19 February 2013
This is a very good Graphics Card for its price , it works very well for what I need it to do , It is Silent compared to other Graphics Cards I have used due to the fact it does not have a Fan attached to it, I have had problems in the past with other Graphics Cards that needed constant attention due to the slightest bit of dust making them so loud during usage.
It is easy to install , The more serious gamer would spend more on a Graphics Card although I find it works very well for the games I play even in 3D. It works very well for playing DVD movies with the HDMI port included the picture is very clear and sound quality very good, I must stress I do get very thin lines appearing when the movie gets fast at times a problem I have not as yet Fixed, But overall this is a very good Graphics Card for the price.
on 19 January 2015
I have upgraded my PC (Acer Aspire M3802) with ASUS GeForce GT 610 Silent Nvidia Graphics Card (2GB DDR3, PCI Express 2.0), replacing 9 years old Graphics Card (XFX GeForce 7600GT 256MB was £90). I’m very happy with my purchase and I don’t play games.

PROS: Good price for 2GB graphics card, Low Profile Design, 0dB Silent Cooling, HDMI support

CONS: This card covers space of 2 slots. Also all ratings for Windows Experience Index increased except Desktop Performance for Windows Aero... decreased from 5.5 to 4.5 (I don’t know why).

ACER Aspire M3802 SPECS: PROCESSOR: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300 2.5GHz, MOTHERBOARD: Acer G43T-AM, MOTHERBOARD CHIPSET: Intel G43 Express, HDD SIZE: 1 TB, DRIVERS: Blu-Ray & DVD.
on 28 January 2013
It was so simple to install, powered it on, windows 8 Pro picked it up and that's it, totally operational. I'm using it to hook up my TV as a media centre. Oh and it's small and I can't hear it at all...really good buy.
on 19 August 2013
Brought this card for a second pc in the living room, happy with the card and for this amount of money do not expect to play games on high settings,tested the card on skyrim and it will not play that game on high setting in 1080p ,but it will play skyrim on medium setting.
Asus geforce gt 610 is not a card i would recommend for hardcore gaming ,it will play all the new games on medium to low .good card for the money and the main reason for buying the card was for the hdmi sound through the tv function.
good points -hdmi sound ,no fan noise ,good drivers ,small and it would suit a small case. 4 out of 5.