5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!!!
I was really excited for this to be released as soon as I heard about it. I am a huge country music fan, and being 17 years old I get teased a lot for being one. If only they knew what they were missing! This is a really great CD, and very well put together. The outside packaging looks great! As do the discs themselves.

The majority of the first disc are...
Published 19 months ago by Matilda

Published 4 months ago by CFT

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!!!, 7 May 2013
This review is from: American Heartland (Audio CD)

The majority of the first disc are probably some of the more commercially successful tracks on the 3 discs.

Standouts On Disc 1 :

Angel - Sarah McLachlan
Old Alabama - Braid Paisley Featuring Alabama
Stuck Like Glue - Sugarland

Downsides Of Disc 1 :

Mr Know It All - Kelly Clarkson (I don't see why this is really included, it's never been a great song and I think the country version sounds even worse.
Need You Now - Wonderland (It's a good cover but I think they should have included the original by Lady Antebellum instead)

Standouts On Disc 2 :

It Won't Be Like This For Long - Darius Rucker
Pontoon - Little Big Town

Downsides Of Disc 2 :

Never Saw Blue Like That - Shawn Colvin
Hey, Soul Sister - Train (as much as I love this song I think it feels a little out of place)

Standouts Of Disc 3 :

Your Man - Josh Turner
She's Acting Single (I'm Drinking Doubles) - Ronnie Dunn
When You Say Nothing At All - Keith Whitley

Downsides Of Disc 3

These Boots Are Made For Walkin' - Jessica Simpson (I wouldn't exactly call it a downside, its a fun song if you just take it for what it is)

Overall this is definitely a must have for all country music fans. Even if you already have the majority of the songs, or even all of them. It's still a great little collection of them put together, and great for listening to some great songs back to back. Amazing!

1.0 out of 5 stars I kept the first wrong copy as I enjoyed it anyway but I ordered it again as I ..., 12 Aug 2014
This review is from: American Heartland (Audio CD)
Beware!!! I have tried to order this twice & have twice received a CD that appears the same but has a very different track listing. It appears to be a European version as it's published in Denmark & says "3 CD'ere" & different artists on the sticker than that shown in the 'photo (which I checked very carefully the second time). I kept the first wrong copy as I enjoyed it anyway but I ordered it again as I really wanted the tracks advertised e.g. the duet feat. Gwyneth Paltrow, the Eric Church track "Bruce Springsteen" & the old favourite "5 o/c somewhere". So best to double check if you can. However, the version I have got is very enjoyable & gives a good introduction to many, many country artists new to me; like the packaging & presentation of all these together.

5.0 out of 5 stars 'SUPERB COUNTRY COMPILATION', 30 May 2013
rbmusicman (U.K) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
Hey 'Matilda' ...no need to feel soft loving 'Country Music' such as the
material on this 3-CD compilation.
great material on board, nice to have a modern-day country selection to
add to my collection.
have always liked 'Leanne Rimes' -'How do I live' and 'Shania Twain's' -
'You're still the one' however there is so much more beyond those couple
of favourites to enjoy....'Sarah Mclachlan's' -'Angel' ..'Bob Paisley's'
-'Old Alabama'...'Eric Church's' -' Springsteen'.....'Sugarland's' -
'Stuck like glue' ...'Love and Theft's' -'Running out of air' ...'Lonestar's'
-'Amazed' ....'The Henningsens's' -'American Beautiful' and 'Josh Turner's'
-'Your Man' among some of the stand-out tracks, there are many more numbers
among the track-list worthy of a mention.
I own a whole heap of 'pop' material, but, I also have many, many 'Country'
albums, and am pleased to have added this one to my collection.
give it a whirl.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab easy listening, 21 May 2014
This review is from: American Heartland (Audio CD)
Heard this first in a restaurant and loved the music so asked them what the compilation was called and when went home bought it straight off. It's a fab collection of songs, very easy listening I would call it - songs are 'countryfied' I guess even some more modern songs. I'm not a huge country fan myself, but surprisingly I love this.

2.0 out of 5 stars is that autotune or some other electronic processing on the vocals?, 30 Sep 2014
This review is from: American Heartland (Audio CD)
I had recently caught series 1 of Nashville and thought I would like to hear a bit more country music. I know I like the ones that most people like, e.g. wichita lineman, jolene, Johnny Cash's best albums. My problem with this collection is that quite quickly after starting to listen to it I had mental images of all these country singers forming a line to go into a huge factory / processing plant and a consistent line of processed disks coming out the other end. Almost all the singers had an electronic twang to their voices that was disturbingly artificial. Once I realised I was not going to be a big fan i decided I would listen the whole way through and pick off my favourites onto a playlist however when I got to Willie Nelson The Scientist (not listed on Amazon as being on the album) I gave up.

Of course if mainstream country music (if that is what this is) is your thing then this is probably a great value collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic 3 CD, 14 May 2013
This review is from: American Heartland (Audio CD)
This has to be one of the best Country CDS Ive bought in a while, even my husband likes most of it. Its great value for money as it contains three fantastic cds each with a wide range of Country Music styles, the only thing would have been if on CD one they had put Lady Antebellums version of Need You Now instead of Wonderlands version, saying that they still sing the song well. I would recommend this cd to any Country Music fan as you wont be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Item, at bargain price, 20 May 2013
This review is from: American Heartland (Audio CD)
Great Item, at bargain price, ordered one day, here the next morning. It made a great and appreciated gift for me to give.

3.0 out of 5 stars American Heartland, 25 Nov 2013
This review is from: American Heartland (Audio CD)
Some good music some which I'm quite not interested but over all I found the CD's to be both a good listen to and slightly under my entertainment level .

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album, 8 Jun 2014
Stephanie Maguire (Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: American Heartland (Audio CD)
I am a huge fan of American Country music especially Hunter Hayes which is a reason I bought this album! It's all modern country definately worth buying

3.0 out of 5 stars not so great, 14 Jun 2013
This review is from: American Heartland (Audio CD)
just a few good tunes was quite dissapointed with this album,id really thought it was all my favourite tunes but when it came only few good ones on it

American Heartland
American Heartland by Various (Audio CD - 2013)