5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Entertaining, 18 Nov 2013
This review is from: Dewitched: The Untold Story of the Evil Queen (Kindle Edition)
`Dewitched' is the story of the evil queen from Snow White.

I thought the concept of the villainous queen - Jane Yvel - being forced into rehab to mend her evil ways was very interesting and original. This is written in first person from the queen's point of view as she slowly begins to see the error of her ways. Much of the humour comes from Jane's reactions to the different therapies, situations she is put in, and the other characters she meets. I found this brilliantly funny. I also enjoyed and was surprised by the various other fairy tale characters as they showed up.

The story itself is very well constructed and has a good few twists to it, some more predictable than others. I found it thoroughly entertaining from start to finish and I didn't want to put the book down so I ended up reading it when I should have been doing other things which I don't regret it at all! I completely loved this book and have already gotten the sequel which I will be reading when I have plenty of time to sit down and devour it in one sitting.

This book takes well known fairy tale characters, a good dose of humour and an excellent, entertaining story and mixes them up to create a captivating read. Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 29 Mar 2014
Absolutely brilliant, The whole story had me mesmerised from start to finished, A modern day slant on the fairytale world.