5.0 out of 5 stars Damn good
I'm not really a reader of fiction based books, but because the Author, Phil Campion, recently wrote a brilliant nonfiction book, Born Fearless, I thought I would give it a go.

I thought I'd try to read the book as a non-fiction book so I could review and rate it authentically as a fiction book. I was very impressed with the book.

I found most of the...
Published 20 months ago by War-book-worm

3.0 out of 5 stars Really
Mmmm really, a handful of blokes against how many? Kidnapping a helicopter, retrieving gold, if only it was that simple and for real
Published 2 months ago by Andy Lewis

5.0 out of 5 stars Another winner by PC, 7 July 2014
Another great book by Phil Campion - every book so far has been fantastic

3.0 out of 5 stars Really, 21 Jun 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Desert Fire., 10 Mar 2013
This review is from: Desert Fire (Kindle Edition)
A good read, fast paced and quite believable. Although the end seemed to be a bit hurried. Buy it and enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding, 15 Feb 2013
This review is from: Desert Fire (Kindle Edition)
An excellent read , written by a man who has clearly been there and done it. If you enjoy this Phil's other book is excellent also

4.0 out of 5 stars Very enjoyable., 9 Feb 2013
This review is from: Desert Fire (Paperback)
This was one of those books where you want to read just one or two more chapters before going to sleep. Good storyline, engagingly told. If you like that kind of black ops stuff it you will probably enjoy it.

4.0 out of 5 stars A great read that builds up really well., 28 Jan 2013
This review is from: Desert Fire (Kindle Edition)
I thought this book was a bit cheesy when I got started... all a bit cliched.. BUT, it's a fun and gripping read and you just get lost in the action.. don't analyse stuff too much, I'm ex army so doubt some of the materials - weapons and practicalities. Just enjoy a good story!

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty intense!!, 26 Jan 2013
This review is from: Desert Fire (Paperback)
I enjoyed reading THIS as it DOES have some interesting logic to it, albeit slightly over-dramatic. IF you enjoy "SAS-style" military books, then this should be your "cup of tea"!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Damn good, 12 Jan 2013

I found most of the book gripping, and humorous, which made me want to read on. I found battle and operation similarities from the best of other Elite Forces books I have read in this book. Attention to detail on weapons and equipment is spot on and not too much in your face all the time.

I reckon the Author has played the main character based on himself, and it may be true that the other characters have existed on real life operations in the `elite forces' and on `the circuit'. This book for me could be a very true story with most parts as real as it gets.

So I would recommend this book. In fact I'm now hoping Phil Campion now follows up a series with the remaining characters and more with keeping it as real as possible. I'm also hoping that Phil Campion and Damien Lewis bring out another awesome non-fiction book together

4.0 out of 5 stars desert fire, 9 Jan 2013
J. A. ROSE "dyson 16" (kent) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Desert Fire (Kindle Edition)
this is a good book.its the first i have read by this author ,but i think i will be reading more of his.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast paced action, 11 Dec 2012
This review is from: Desert Fire (Paperback)
Superb book, after reading born fearless, Big Phil Campions other title I new this would be a must and was not dissapointed, It is a fast paced, action packed novel you will not want to put down.

Desert Fire