5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous!
Published on 7 Oct 2003

3.0 out of 5 stars Why is it that the Type O's get the best results?
It seems that most of the people in the case studies that had good results were the Type O's. Well, I am a type A and this didn't work for me at all. I followed it to the T and ended making myself a basket case. My triglycerides shot up and my HDL went down. My blood pressure skyrocketed and I felt like the world was going to cave in on me. I have followed a low...
Published on 7 July 1999

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous!, 7 Oct 2003
By A Customer
As one of the worlds biggest skeptics on diets, it took some convincing to get me to give this one a go, but when a colleagues father in law (a doctor) recommended it i decided to try it out and I have been absolutely astounded by it. For years I have struggled with bloating and fatigue and after only a couple of weeks following the Type A plan I had heaps more energy and (amazingly) no more bloating! A couple of months into the plan I also went to an allergist (who did not know I was blood-typing) and the results were unbelievably in line with the blood type A recommendations!
To anyone who has not already given it a go, I will say this: Stick with it! To begin with it looks complicated and nonsensicle at times, but if you persist the rewards are well worthwhile. I also recommend buying one of the menu books for meal ideas (as for the first week i lived off of Ryvitas and soy cheese!) because it can take a while to get used to implementing new foods and completely changing your eating plan.
The only thing i will say against the blood type diet (and this is through no fault of its own) is that it is not cheap and it is not something you can do on and off. for a while when money was tight i slipped back into my old ways and in no time at all was back to being bloated and lethargic, however, personally, i find it can be expensive and, as you cut as many preservatives out as possible, it can also be time consuming as there is a fair amount of food prep and cooking involved.
If you are prepared to integrate it into your life 100% you will get 100% back from it and feel 100% better!
LONG LIVE THE BLOOD TYPE DIET! :o)

5.0 out of 5 stars THIS BOOK SAVED MY LIFE, 26 July 2003
This review is from: Eat Right 4 Your Type (Paperback)
Two years ago I had suffered from what I thought was Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/M.E. for approximately ten years. I thought I would have to cope with this illness for the rest of life. I'd had all sorts of tests at the hospital, blood tests, allergy tests, thyroid tests, you name it, the doctor sent me. All to no avail.
A friend took me to a complementary therapist who recommended that I read Peter D'Adam's book The Eat Right Diet. I went to a friend's bookshop and bought it the following day.
Amazingly, as I started reading, I kept thinking "yes, that sounds like me, yes, I can identify with those symptoms" etc.
For a long time I had felt thought that somehow it was as though I was poisoning myself. Reading the book confirmed my subconscious thoughts, because my diet was largely made up of all the so called "healthy foods", ie., pasta, potatoes, wholemeal bread (home made), along with a varied selection of fruits and vegetables. Also I was almost vegetarian. This could not have been worse for my type! Even the food allergy tests had not shown any problems with the very same foods which were making me ill, so beware!
I started on the diet immediately, trying my best to cut out all the foods which were considered bad for my type (O). Within days I began to notice a difference, an improvement in the way I felt! My headaches were less, I generally ached less, my brain began to "clear", I did not feel tired all the time. Words cannot describe how relieved I felt! In fact, one day when I realised I was beginning to feel "human" again, I just sat down and cried!
Before I started on the blood type eating regime, I really did think I was dying. My doctor had tried everything, even though at times I am sure he thought I was hypochondriac because no one could "see" anything wrong.
Within weeks I was able to begin exercising again, where before my body would not allow it. I began to look forward to getting up in the morning and my "depression" flew out of the window.
Without this book and the others in the series which I also have, I know I would not enjoy life and better health, as I do today.
Peter D'Adamo and his father should be given a medal and recognition for what they have achieved. On behalf of the many people thier books have helped I say "thank you" and to those of you maybe wondering "should I try it?", I say "the proof of the pudding is in the eating" but beware you're not eating the wrong pudding for your type!

5.0 out of 5 stars Do you want to feel on top of the world, 23 Jun 2004
This review is from: Eat Right 4 Your Type (Paperback)
This book was recommended to me by a friend whose husband had diabetes, he lost five stones on it - he is Blood Group A, and is fully in control of his diabetes.
Being extremely overweight myself I looked at the book with my daughter, neither of us knew our blood group but we both worked out what we thought we should be by what was written in the book, we checked and Bingo we were both right.
I am an O, the cave man. I was a tea aholic before starting this way of life and drank gallons of black tea. Treat it like being a diabetic, if you are not allowed tea, wheat, pork etc lik me what the heck there are so many other things that you are allowed. This is a way of life that I wont change. By being careful on what you do eat the weight is dropping off , nearly four stones since January, I had tried every other diet imaginable. You can eat so much and the bonus is on day 3 if you are really, really good you get this energy burst. I am full of energy, I thought that my tiredness was due to the excess weight, but it isn't it is due to putting the wrong fuel in, imagine what would happen if you put Diesel in your unleaded Car, it would become sluggish and stop.
I could go on and on I feel like an evangelist, but please give it a go at first sight it isnt easy but work at it, you will soon find meals that you enjoy.
Michelle

5.0 out of 5 stars Well written and organized summary of a lifetime of research, 19 Nov 1998
By A Customer
Found the book informative for the non-medical person as well as motivational for a professional athelete. The descriptions of the food plans which were beneficial for each blood type were detailed enough that I correctly guessed my blood type before having it typed. The explanations of which foods to avoid and why were clear. I have a much better understand of the science of blood and digestion than ever before (and I have read a ton of books regarding food plans for athletes). I am in superior condition as I exercise 2-4 hours per day and have a cholesterol of 166. Nonetheless, I lost 6 lbs in two weeks by just eliminating wheat, corn and potatoes. I am free to eat sweet potatos, yams, turnips, parnips, etc., rather than white potatos and haven't ever felt better. Bravo to a man who carried on with his father's efforts as we all can benefit from two generations of research and hard work!!! Thank you Dr. D'adamo!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A clear, easy-to-follow revolutionary diet that EXCITES me!, 12 Aug 1999
By A Customer
Dr. D'Adamo's book has been loaned to me from a friend and I can't speak more highly of it! After 3 years of progressively stiff and painful joints, intestinal pains and low energy levels, I have hope that I needn't be crippled by Arthritis by the time I'm 30! After One week of this diet I feel like a new person. This book is clearly written with "easy-to-refer-to" lists so you can switch between your blood type and that of your spouse! One or two nights reading will cover the majority of the concepts and BRAVO... such an exciting future for your body.
I am a health professional with a reasonable understanding of the human body but have been baffled by my failure to lose weight on diets where my husband (different blood type) lost weight easily and painlessly... Now it all makes a whole lot more sense... Thanks to Dr. D'Adamo and others who are brave enough to forge new paths!

5.0 out of 5 stars An insightful correlation of Blood type to various foods, 24 Jan 1999
By A Customer
Dr. D'adamo puts forward a theory that a person's blood-type is the key as to what his diet should be. My husband and I have followed the recommended guidelines for our blood-types for four months. My husband is an O-- and I am an AB+. We are both very pleased to find that we have more energy and as an added bonus have each lost 6-8 lbs. For the last few years I had thought that I was preparing healthy foods for my family by severely restricting red meat and using wheat and other grains as a main stay. Now that my husband is eating an "O" diet, he has renewed vitality and is feeling great. There are foods that we both can eat such as salmon and pinto beans that are beneficial for both of us. It is an easy adjustment to incorporate beneficial foods into our diet. The book also contains interesting case studies and support for Dr. D'Adamo's findings. It really makes sense. I've purchased several books so far for family and friends and each person has reported positive results.This book is informative and I highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars the only book on diet that makes sense., 27 Feb 2002
This review is from: Eat Right 4 Your Type (Paperback)
eat right for yor type is the only book on eating healthy, not dieting,but losing weight on avoiding certain items of food that are not right for you.I am type A blood group and I am the only blood type that should not eat meat,I should be vegetarian. since I read the book I have stopped eating all meat except chicken and turkey and fish.I have lost 5 or6 lbs just doing that.I am cutting out some foods and adding others.I now feel better in my self,more postive and more energy.I call it my bible.I recommended it to my sister-in-law who also never lets it out of her hands and she showed it to her friends who have also bought it. the best book on healthy eating I have ever come across.

5.0 out of 5 stars WORKS FOR ME, 11 Oct 2005
Shashank Tripathi (Gadabout) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Eat Right 4 Your Type (Paperback)
I don't usually read health books (wouldn't want to die of a misprint) but this gem should be required reading for everyone. I'm a busy urban professional of decent weight, and those watercress and beetroot laden fad diets just don't work for me. The suggestions in this book work rather well and rather quickly, without being a lose-X-pounds-in-X-chapters deal. It has fundamentally changed the way I eat and care for my physique, and I don't seem to miss any interesting foods at all. Can the whole of humanity be divided into a few groups based on blood? You can theorize as much as you want while I feel light and cheerful based on this deceptively simple but priceless info.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, clear and easy to follow eating plan, 19 Jan 2002
This review is from: Eat Right 4 Your Type (Paperback)
Eat right for your type is an excellent book detailing what foods will give you the best nutrition for your blood type. The books is interesting and informative in why different blood types can digest different foods better than others and gain more nutritional benefit. It is not a diet as such - you could use it as one and stick to it but the letter - or you could use it more as an advice book - advising you on what is best to eat and what best to avoid for a healthier lifestyle. The book also details foods that have a medicinal effect - or can help to prevent deseases or cancer.
I found the book excellent in all aspects and now realise why certain foods have different effects on me. Unfortunatley since taking it into work a week ago I have not seen it as everyone keeps borrowing it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book i have read this year!, 1 Mar 2002
This review is from: Eat Right 4 Your Type (Paperback)
The book starts off explaining all about where his (and his fathers) research comes from, and goes on from there with excellent documentation on how the different blood groups absorb food differently. I am A-, my wife O+; and we are two totally different food eaters. He goes on to show excellent examples of how different people have very different diets and should stick to them. The Case studies are amazing and are really an eye opener. My wife and I bought the book and we are thoroughly involved now in the book. I personally have lost over 5 kilograms in one month according to the food i eat. Never have i ever done this well! I was sticking to the eating plan strictly and what a difference it has made in my life. If you are serious about your health, then buy this book! It will change your life!

Eat Right 4 Your Type