on 27 September 2013
As admittedly a novice modeller mine is not an expert opinion but very happy with these after being disappointed with the cheaper brushes I bought first off. I would definitely recommend these to anyone in a similar position.
on 21 May 2016
I have been building and painting plastic injection, vinyl, and resin model kits for nearly 50 years. I have always used "hairy stick's" and owned various makes and brands.
If you are on a limited budget and/or just getting into this wonderful hobby then this brush pack might be considered reasonable value for money.
However, if you are serious about modelling and looking to achieve a reasonable to high standard of finish re. detail work then I would recommend investing in Kolinsky Sable Brushes by Winsor & Newton, which is what I have now done (purchased here on Amazon). Yes, Sable brushes are expensive but they do last longer, have superior paint flow capacity and point retention and can help you produce great results.
I have destroyed the Humbrol 00 brush in frustration (my bad) and have downgraded the rest of the pack to dry brushing stock.
Happy modelling!
TIPS:
1. Wet brush before use (acrylic paint's)
2. Never leave a brush standing in water or thinners etc.
3. Clean all brushes carefully during and after use and shape tip (detailing brushes)
4. Never apply paint straight out of the bottle. For Acrylic paint, use a pallet to thin to almost "wash" consistency i.e. aprox. 50:50 (50% paint to 50% still water + drop of retarder, to help produce a smooth, flat finish on model surfaces, retain detail and reduce clogging.
on 18 August 2015
Your satisfaction with these brushes will be very heavily dependent on what you think of as 'detail'. I was very surprised at just how large the brush heads were, I was expecting them to be very fine and hoped for reasonably stiff bristles in order to do really fine/tricky detail work. Personally I'm only happy to use the very smallest one for fine detail work, but will probably have to visit an art shop to get some proper fine detail brushes. On the upside I really liked the triangular grip brush handles, these do help you to hold the brush really firmly. I won't be returning these, but if I'd looked at them in a shop on offer for the same price, I wouldn't have bought these and instead looked for much finer brushes.
on 19 January 2014
This product came within the date and was well packaged. They are very good, the design of the handle makes them comfortable to grip a lot better than conventional brushes. Very pleased, thank you.
on 5 October 2015
Who'ed've thought you could get a better brush? Triangular cross section on the grip so there's no slippage or rolling off the work space. Plus its a pack of four very usable sizes for some of the finer jobs we all get stuck with. AND for the quality of brush, very affordable. All I have to do now is see how hard wearing they are. Don't worry, if they fall apart I WILL be back ;-)
on 30 December 2014
they do the job.Not the highest quality but also not the most expensive.
on 20 June 2016
Comfortable to use, and ok quality. One of the brushes had a hair which was too long / out of place which I had to trim and another lost two the first time I used it. Other than this no issues.
on 13 August 2014
just what a paint brush should be
on 1 November 2015
Impressed with how much difference the thicker handles make - more comfortable and more precise.
on 23 August 2015
Very comfortable to hold for accurate detail painting.
Brush heads keep their shape well.