on 11 October 2013
I bought this because I love coffee and we have an induction hob. It produces two large cups of coffee , piping hot and tasting superb. As usual with anything like this always buy the best coffee, you won't be disappointed. The aromas great too, one word of warning, it gets hot on the hob so just take care, ( no more than a kettle but just a warning), overall brilliant, looks good and does the job admirable, easy to clean is a bonus.
on 29 January 2014
Trial and error shows that patience pays off - lowest gas and slow makes a better (stronger/richer) coffee. Downside is you drink more coffee as its just so good... Points off because the base has discoloured quite badly - but its only cosmetic, not function.
on 1 July 2015
This was bought to use on our new induction hob as we've had stove-top percolators for years. They really do make the best coffee! We were worried that it wouldn't be as good as our previous ones but it really is, if not better.
This size makes 2 mugs of coffee with milk or 3 generous coffee cups. The 10 cups in the description refers to Italian or French expresso cups, not mugs or tea / coffee cup sizes.
We fill the reservoir to just below the valve and add 2 rounded scoops of coffee to the top. This makes an excellent mid-strength brew that we make up as approximately 1/3 hot milk to 2/3 coffee.
We rinse it out after every use and pop it in the dishwasher for a 'proper ' clean every couple of uses. It's not stained or marked and looks as good as new after 4 months and we use it twice a day or so.
So much better than the fiddly little pod things, more environmentally friendly and much cheaper in the long run.
Mum is now loving our old gas stove version!
on 11 October 2014
If you like coffee you'll love these, I have the 10 cup and the 4 cup depending how many people are in the house as to which one I use. The coffee it makes is lovely and fresh and the smell floats around the house. Both sizes are really easy to clean and have used regularly with no effect to how fantastic they look. Great delivery time and great product.
on 23 August 2014
This coffee maker is typical Italian, it is very stylish and looks great in the kitchen. It has excellent build quality and is made to last. This is more expensive than an aluminium one but being stainless steel it is strong and robust and has none of the health fears associated with aluminium products. This well worth the purchase price . I bought the matching Bialetti milk frother and together they make fantastic coffee.
on 20 September 2013
aluminium is bad for you, degrades and enters the brain, cheery eh so i switched to this stainless steel version. looks great and is just what i wanted. typical bialetti quality.
on 24 February 2016
Makes an excellent cup of coffee. It's easy to clean too. Instructions for use are vague so it's best to google it and watch on YouTube. Well worth buying and much better for the environment as there's no plastic pods. Remember though Italian cups = expresso not latte consequently it equals 3 latte size cups.
on 2 July 2015
It cleans up well and hold enough for a couple of decent mugs of coffee. The only thing to watch is:
1) Despite closing tightly, steam does escape through the sealed bottom/top unit.
2) I usually hold the handle with a tea towel when pouring because heat has also escaped through the back of the lid (where that nice little black lip is).
Overall, yes I like it. After a few different stove-top coffee pots, I'm starting to think that rogue escaping steam is just part of the process.
Happy coffee making!
on 7 February 2015
Wonderful coffee maker. Only one downside: The lid now falls off. The small black plastic knob has broken off and the screw does not hold the lid on. Disappointing as I can't see any way of repairing it and it is a bit dangerous as the lid falls off as you pour.
on 6 October 2013
very good I use it most days the only thing I have have a concern about is the streangth of the handle. I feel is anything was to break it would be the handle as I open it up but very happy with it and it makes a lovely coffee.