on 7 October 2012
We've had one of these playpens, along with the extension kit, for 3 years. It is one of the best purchases we've had for our children. We bought ours from a friend who had lived in Australia and although we looked and looked we're amazed that, at the time, you couldn't get them in the UK. Along with the extension, we've used it as a small square, a rectangle and a big square as a playpen. We've used sections as a room divider. We've used sections to block off an area of the garden. We've even taken it camping to provide a safe area for the children to play. We've used it inside and out and have been amazed at the battering it's withstood from the children. It's even survived being left outside all winter whilst we were having building work done.
Our eldest sometimes sets up his train set inside it to keep other younger children away!
If funds allow, I'd certainly recommend buying the play pen and the extension kit if you want to give children a big area in which to play and for maximum versatility.
It's certainly not the cheapest option but this system lasts for years - plus it has an excellent second hand value once you're finished with it!
We love ours and are so glad that they're now available in the UK.
on 3 March 2014
We bought this for our 14 month old who is very active and been walking for a while now. The reason we bought this was so that I could do some things around the house without our son being in the way for example when taking food out of the oven he tries to get in, so i need to keep him out of danger. The play pen worked for all of 5 minutes. He is short for a 14 month old as he is still in 9-12 month clothing which are big on him and he can still easily climb out of the playpen if he has a small toy to stand on. It is a well made product, sturdy and a good size it just doesn't do what we wanted it to (hence 3 star rating). If your baby isn't as active it may be good for you but if you have a mischievous explorer who likes to climb then i would buy one with higher sides. i suppose it will be good for the garden in the summer when he is old enough to play on his own.
on 24 April 2013
We bought this playpen with the extension set in a hurry as the combination of building work, a boundy dog and an inquisitive 8 month old baby was taking its toll on my nerves! We already had a babydan playpen but that was being used as a fireguard and is way too heavy to cart into the garden regularly. We therefore chose the jollykidz playpen as a light, portable option that could be left in the garden when necessary. I also needed something I could play with the baby in so he didnt keep trying to crawl to the builders so the 2m option was great. This playpen definitely did the job but I'm not sure I'd choose it again.

I've outlined the pros and cons below in case it helps someone else make up their minds.

PROS
*Very light and easy to move around
*Quick and easy to assemble
*Very sturdy - my baby hangs off it and shakes it with great gusto and it withstands everything!
*The 2m playpen you get using the extension set is probably to most spacious playpen on the market and gives the baby loads of room to roll around,crawl etc
*Has stood up to a lot of chewing with no visible marks! Also no sharp edges, hard metal bits etc which is good if your little one is teething
Was left out in the rain with no visible issues.

CONS
*No gate - it isnt a huge problem though it is a pain for the grandparents to climb in and out of.
*Because it has less gaps than other pens it can be hard for the baby to see you before they can pull up.
*Colours faded within a couple of weeks in the sun. Doesn't bother me but a pain if you are thinking of selling it on.
*You need the extension set as the 1m playpen is tiny and feels cramped because of all the solid plastic.
*Not actually that versatile. We've used it as a 1m pen, 2m pen and a long thin pen but that's about all you can do with it as the panels arent sturdy enough to use as a room divider etc.
*Not that tall. This is great for us at the moment as the baby can see out when he pulls up but my friend's tall 16 month old scaled it easily.
*PRICE - honestly this is the main reason for my 3 stars, it is a good product but at the end of the day it is a plastic playpen with no gate. So, basically its a big plastic fence which at nearly 200 quid seems a bit steep.

Overall, if money is no object go for it otherwise unless you really need the 2m option you might want to plump for something cheaper.
on 8 June 2013
I bought this playpen with the extension for my active 8 month old son who wants to get into everything!
1-It is large enough for your baby to move around freely! I didn't even use all the pieces but still very large .
2-He can still see what is going on! he can watch cartoon on laptop but cant touch it.
3-I have put a very thin mattress there and for the past couple of nights that has been too hot in the bedroom I just sleep in the playpen with him.
4-my baby is 10kg and sometimes I struggle to get up with him, in the playpen I just hold on to the edges.
5-My friend's son was here last week, he is 2.5 years old and he loved it and couldn't get out by himself! so hopefully I can have this for at least 2 years.
6- It is easy to put up and take off. I don't know how one review said otherwise!
7-It keeps my living room tidy as all his toys are in his playpen.

However....
If you have very bad back problems and not flexible maybe it is better to get a playpen with a gate? It can be difficult for older people to get in and out of the playpen.

Ok I wrote a review on this product when my son was 8 month old. He is now a year old, 11 kg and 78cm. The problem is that he uses his toys in the playpen to get out of the playpen and head down first!!! I assumed it should be ok as my friend's baby couldn't get out at 2.5 month but I was wrong! my son can get out. I tried to remove bigger toys but he puts smaller toys on top of each other and tries to get out. It is quite dangerous all these wobbly toy towers he makes!
on 29 May 2013
This is well made and brightly coloured. On its own not enough room but with the extension perfect size for a little girl who is walking well and needs to run about outside without constant supervision
on 29 May 2014
We like the quality and sturdiness of this playpen. The material is a hard plastic and the advantage of that is that it can be used both in and outdoors. It is not too heavy and can be folded so it is compact for transport. The assembly only takes a couple of minutes and once mounted it is stable and safe. The bright colors are quite attractive for kids.
on 19 January 2013
Bought this with the extension kit and a brilliant purchase. Put together in seconds and very sturdy and our 12 month old loves playing in it and pretty solid. Delivered very quickly as well. Very pleased.
on 7 June 2013
Trying to baby proof an entire house proved all too difficult as every time you think you have it they get their little hands on something else. The use of an easily erectable, mobile and safe playpen that works inside and out is a fantastic idea that I would thoroughly recommend to every parent. Getting the extension pack is a must, giving a 2.5m x 2.5m square that gives your baby plenty of room to play and gives you peace of mind that they are safe and secure. Don't bother looking at fold out travel playpens or trying to put safety latches everywhere, save yourself the hassle and frustration, just get one of these.
on 12 July 2014
Purchased this for a toddler swim class. It's very easy to put together and pack up again (a few minutes) and plenty big enough without the extension for a couple of toddlers to sit in while parent's get changed.
on 15 December 2013
It was really helpful and the play pen was really nice and help my child to quickly learn how to work.