4.0 out of 5 stars Still an enjoyable read
Published 10 months ago by Sparhawk

3.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic storyline but.......
Published on 23 Oct. 2012 by Meowbabe

3.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic storyline but......., 23 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Star One: Dark Star (Kindle Edition)
it started to get very annoying reading the same sentence albeit with a slight word change all the time. It was so bad that sometimes I thought I was having a case of deja vu!!! Also its actually pretty obvious from reading the story that the earth disasters are caused by the 'neutron star-black hole binary' and not just some 'inclement weather' so it was really not necessary to be reminded after every single disastrous incident (had very much a "Nah, you don't say" feel about it after a while!). It felt like things were being repeated repeatedly just to flesh the book out a bit. Taking out the constantly repeated sentences and general repetition both books could have been done in one. Other than those gripes I really enjoyed the storyline.

4.0 out of 5 stars Still an enjoyable read, 16 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Star One: Dark Star (Kindle Edition)
In my review of the first book I mention that the author has a need to refer to things repeatedly and also using the full name. Well he still does but the story is good enough to overlook this odd quirk. The science is still believable to a point but from there science fiction firmly regains control but it only delivers possibilities of what could be the truth of the theories are right. I said previously I want due if I could get through the second book or indeed the third if the author continues repeating things, well I was wrong as I enjoyed this book and have already purchased the third. Time to read on.

5.0 out of 5 stars An in-depth story, 17 Jan. 2014
Mr. L. M. Brown "Brownlm" (England Great Britan) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Star One: Dark Star (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed reading this third episode of the star one trilogy, and look foreword to reading any additions that may get written. The computer generated girl Teelerwas the most original concepts in science fiction I have read in a long time. I cannot imagine one man wielding so much power as the American diplomat who took control of the country when he hoisted the president with a military coup.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exciting!!!, 3 April 2014
CHEZ (LIVERPOOL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Star One: Dark Star (Kindle Edition)
I loved this book.mi think I read them all in the wrong order but even that didn't spoil it!!!! The ending where teela becomes real and then gets pregnant is surely an amazing opener for a new book??? Please!!!!!
I have recommended this book series to all my friends who are SCI FI crazy like me

4.0 out of 5 stars Good reading, 30 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Star One: Dark Star (Kindle Edition)
This is no grammatical masterpiece but it does hold ones interest from beginning to end with its fast moving plot.This plot is unfortunately often interlaced with lengthy descriptions of dinner parties etc. certainly this book is very good value for money.Looking forward to the next on the series.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book., 27 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Star One: Dark Star (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this book, I am a great syfy fan and enjoy becoming emersed in this type of tail. Outlandish by gives you the feeling that this really could be the face of the future. I was very pleased that the next book was available so that I could go straight on to the next chapter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book, 29 July 2013
This review is from: Star One: Dark Star (Kindle Edition)
I have read nearly all of this authors books and have enjoyed them all, Dark star had me hooked from start to finish, can't wait for the next instalment. This author is turning out to be an excellent writer.

4.0 out of 5 stars Just as good as part one, 29 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Star One: Dark Star (Kindle Edition)
It hurtles along like a runaway juggernaught. There is still dodgy science so its probably not for the purist but its really fast and exciting and I thoroughly enjoyed it. And its only the price of a pint!

5.0 out of 5 stars Star One: Dark Star, 19 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Star One: Dark Star (Kindle Edition)
Thoroughly enjoyed this book. Good story line with believable future science capabilities. Look forward to next story line, continuing their future struggles of the survivors

5.0 out of 5 stars Great plot, a real pageturner, 11 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Star One: Dark Star (Kindle Edition)
Really enjoyable, pure escapism, but with some great science thrown in. Can't wait to read the Tycho survival book, as soon as it's available. Great work, keep em coming

Star One: Dark Star