4.0 out of 5 stars who am i

Published 19 months ago by Chris Nice

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars who am i, 29 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Secrets of Silverwind (Kindle Edition)
This story was not what I had expected, this is a love story set in the future with a loose sub plot of hate and revenge, the problem is that the author spends so much time trying to build tension into the plot that it becomes boring after a while, the fight scenes are long drawn out affairs as he almost gives a blow by blow account of the fighting, although this was not my cup of tea the writing is O.K as is the basic plot, I have given this four stars as I did finish the book and although it was not to my personal taste I can see what the author was trying to achieve.

1.0 out of 5 stars Appallingly written, 2 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Secrets of Silverwind (Kindle Edition)
I would like to start by saying I read the Phoenix war novel by this same author first, and very much recommend it-certainly a successful attempt at space sci-fi with traditional fantasy elements. I am shocked the same author wrote this. This is terribly written with a fairly predictable plot. The use of adjectives and syntax is very frustrating as a reader and could only fairly be recommended for a child.

5.0 out of 5 stars twisted scfi with a touch of humanity, 23 July 2012
This review is from: Secrets of Silverwind (Kindle Edition)
Another good surprise coming of the hands of this young writer that always leave us a feeling of wanting more. Very interesting with unexpected turns that keep you going not knowing what the next page will bring you. Thanks a lot, again, for making me have such a nice time and for making me believe that, deep inside, every one has goodness

3.0 out of 5 stars Total Recall?, 18 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Secrets of Silverwind (Kindle Edition)
Sanders 'Phoenix' series is much better. While 'Silverwind' isn't bad, I just found his other books more enjoyable. The plot weaves together othet Sci-Fi themes/ concepts, but in some areas (like certain characters and some plot history) the story is wee bit thin. Quite enjoyable, but Phoenix series better.

4.0 out of 5 stars A great read!, 23 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Secrets of Silverwind (Kindle Edition)
Really enjoyed this si~fi tale! Took a little to get into but it very soon pulled me in with its twists and turns as the stoy devoped. This is the second book i have read by this emerging author and i will certainly be keeping my eye out for any new material in the future!

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 5 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Secrets of Silverwind (Kindle Edition)
I thoroughly enjoyed this book, in fact I have enjoyed all of the books by Richard Sanders. I would not normarlly pick up a book like this to read but am glad I downloaded it as it was fantastic. Thank you Mr Sanders for a great entertaining read.

4.0 out of 5 stars Secrets of Silverwind, 10 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Secrets of Silverwind (Kindle Edition)
I do like this author's books but I did find this a little predictable but still worth reading.I really think I should have read this before the Phoenix series -which is excellent-as I think this has influenced my appreciation of this novel

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Book!, 12 July 2013
Rosalind DETERVILLE (Belgium) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Secrets of Silverwind (Kindle Edition)
Another freebie I downloaded to my kindle. It was action-packed and lots of action. I truly enjoyed reading this book. This was a guessing book with twists and turns, nothing was what it seemed to be. Well-written!

5.0 out of 5 stars Action packed, 29 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Secrets of Silverwind (Kindle Edition)
This book grabbed me by the throat in the first sentence, had me hooked by the end of the first page and didn't let up until the final page. Absolutely loved it. Action packed and highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Slow then quickly finishes, 18 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Secrets of Silverwind (Kindle Edition)
great writing slow but steady growth to the characters had the possibity to be a great triology but the writer seemed to rush to the end about 3/4 of way through such a shame
still worth a read