Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

on 25 April 2013
It is acompelling read, I could not put it down. I wanted to read this one before reading her new book After Auschwitz which has just come out. When the SS and Kappos first left Berkeneau and they found the stores with mountains of food, clothing, eiderdowns, shoes etc is uneblievable. Everyone left was at deaths door and it just beggars belief how a human being could do that to another human. A wonderful book and I am now going to read the new one. I have been to Auschwitz and Berkeneau and really think everyone should know what happened. A wonderful account. In Trebilka Camp o er 800,000 people were sent there and only 70 alive when liberated.
on 2 January 2013
Eva's Story has the reader drawn in from the very beginning with the sunny outlook on life and that of her family, what could possibly go wrong?!
War! Everything for the Schloss family is then done by the minute. No immediate future plans can be made as they're in hiding from the Nazis.
Eva grows up during her time in hiding and has to cope with this in her own way until the family are found and taken away. Although Eva and Mutti are separated from Heinz and Pappy she remains confident that they will all be reunited, soon.
This story is easy to read and understand. Not to be put down, I read this in a day!
on 7 September 2014
An awe inspiring account of the degrading and inhumane realities of life within auschwitz and throughout the entire holocaust. The hardships and losses that where experienced by those involved really hits home how lucky we are today, for running water, clean clothes, sanitary living conditions etc etc... My heart goes out to anybody who suffered a loss during this time and this book really does tell it how it was and is. Well done Eva and Mütti, your courage gives me hope x
on 30 December 2014
I loved this book I was going through an I can't read anything time when I found this .i stayed up half the night to read this .
I must admit I do have a bit of a connection with the book ,my father was a journalist for the Jewish Telegraph ,he interviewed Otto Frank many years ago ,Otto was an acquaintance of my grandfather after the war also .
Great read ,unbelievable what these people suffered at the hands of other humans ,well written .
on 22 August 2011
It was very well written and was very clean for a used book also the size of print was very good.
on 9 May 2013
I couldn't put this book down and read it all again a few weeks later. How human beings can treat other human beings is beyond belief. The love between Eva and her family, especially her mother, undoubtedly carried her through the terrible time they endured in the concentration camp. This book will stay with me for a long, long time. It is a book that everyone should read.
on 6 June 2013
I consider this book to be a valuable historical record of the terrible atrocities of the Nazi regime inflicted upon ordinary people. This is a Must Read on anyone's list. It's not a work of great literature but made me appreciate how important it is that we should continue to read personal histories - least we forget. Highly recommend for content.
on 25 December 2012
I started to read this whilst visiting auschwitz. Constant terror and hopelessness. How did anyone keep going. Told in a manner that portrays ordinary people doing the impossible when living in fear. An excellent account of the dark side of humans
on 21 June 2013
This book was very good.It told the story of how this family tried to stay together, and when they split up how a mother and daughter managaned to survive the appalling horrors of the Germans.I cant wait to read her next book.
on 16 May 2013
I could not put this book down. What a dignified, awe inspiring, rollercoaster of a survival story. Happiness and tragedy collide here. I feel refreshed and devastated in equal measure after this. Thank you, Eva!