4.0 out of 5 stars Closer than keep you, 29 Jun. 2012
Yves Vandezande (Belgium) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Following Sea (Audio CD)
Following hot on the heels of 'Keep you close'. This album was released without warning or PR.
Those who think the songs on 'Following sea' are just outtakes or leftovers from 'Keep you close' may think again.
'Following sea' is a worthy and fully realized album.
There's a lot of parlando in the songs and I would've liked to hear Mauro's guitar work more to the fore but those are minor quibbles. It's the bass that holds the whole album together.
There's only one song to remind us of the very early dEUS. 'Fire up the google beast algorithm'. The title says it all really.
'Quatre mains', 'Hidden wounds'and 'The give up gene' are clear favorites for me.
But it's all good. dEUS should put out albums like this every year.

5.0 out of 5 stars Didn't sea this coming!, 28 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Following Sea (Audio CD)
I was a big fan of dEUS back in the '90s, the first two albums were two of the albums i listened to most during my 'student days'. However I drifted away from them and it was only recently i found out that they had been making music again over the last few years. So I thought I would take a chance on Following sea, just for old times sake really. Now i've got to say that this is a FANTASTIC album. My first thoughts were that dEUS had lost the energy and the sound that made them stand out nearly two decades ago, however after a couple of listens, the album draws you in, and i realised that this is just a developed and more mature sound that is just as gripping as the old stuff. I've listened to it over and over and it just gets better and better. I've since gone back to listen to the older albums and this is probably a better album for the times. dEUS are just as interesting as ever, they are not going over old ground or journeying along for the sake of it, they have progressed and definitely have produced music of real quality and real worth. Trust me on this!

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than the previous album, 7 April 2014
Mrs. S. Billington "sister dew" (Cumbria, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Following Sea (Audio CD)
I've listened to this a couple of times now, and although a couple of tracks don't really work for me, I feel it is going some way towards the return of the more creative and experimental side of dEUS I used to love so much.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album, 21 July 2012
P. Bastiaanse - See all my reviews
This review is from: Following Sea (Audio CD)
dEUS keeps renewing themselves. Within a year of the great album 'Keep you Close' they deliver another one which is good as the last one.

Buy MP3 Album£5.89