5.0 out of 5 stars Great Flexi lead
Published on 14 May 2013 by pinkypoodle

3.0 out of 5 stars Good overall but...
Product is good but button sticks which is a pain on walks, and no idea how to stop it from doing that, might be because it's new.
Published 15 months ago by miss faith r mackie

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Flexi lead, 14 May 2013
This review is from: Flexi Neon Retractable Tape Lead, 5 m/ 50 Kg, Large (Misc.)
I wanted a flexi lead that wasn't too heavy or big for walking my large dog. This fits the bill perfectly and the fact that the tape is Neon is a real bonus as the kids don't run into it when we are out and about. Also my dog is black so it's easy to see the tape against her coat if it gets tangled. The 5m length is just right for giving my dog enough distance without losing control of her. I would highly recommend this lead and I can't believe I didn't realise the benefits of having a neon tape before now! I think the price of it is excellent value for the quality of the product. If you are thinking about getting a flexi lead for your large dog this really is the one to buy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sensible colour and a good lead length., 18 May 2013
Great for my dog who cannot generally go off the lead, as it gives her plenty of freedom on walks. The tape and neon colour of the tape means it doesn't doesn't cut your hand if you grab it (unlike the rope flexi leads) and cyclists and joggers can see the long lead clearly. Only 4 stars as I am not 100% convinced the lead seems as strong as my old flexi lead.

4.0 out of 5 stars Strong enough, 29 April 2013
Good for the price but a little thin (think to be expected) wish someone would do a lead that has a stronger part at the catch end as my dog tends to chew this part when he's had enough walking lol

5.0 out of 5 stars L Flexi dog lead, 6 Sept. 2013
Great item! Strong & nice bright colour, will be seen at night! Recoil action is nice & smooth. Very happy! Thank you!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 12 Mar. 2013
If you've got a large dog but don't want an overly big case to carry around - this is the compromise

4.0 out of 5 stars great dog lead, 1 Sept. 2013
C. Roberts - See all my reviews
its is very visible when a light is shined on the lead ( reflective ) and the spring in the lead is very smooth and always makes sure there is no slack on the lead unless you press the button

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommended Lead, 25 Jun. 2013
I've left posting this review for quite some time as I wanted to give it a really good 'run for its money' as our dog, Juko, loves to pull on the lead when he sees another dog.
It's very strong and so much better in comparison to the flimsier cord leads we've bought in the past. Juko has snapped three of those, although he is a very large and boisterous mainly rottweiler cross.
The brake is easy to use, quick to operate when necessary and the collar clip is solid and strong. The lead extends and retracts smoothly and the hand grip is comfortable.
I can't say I'm keen on the colour to be honest, but it was the only option available within my price budget when I purchased it.
Juko hasn't complained though and isn't bothered about being seen out on it, so it doesn't really matter! ;)

3.0 out of 5 stars Good overall but..., 14 Mar. 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for walking cats as well as dogs, 11 April 2014
If you are one of the intrepid few who takes their cat for a walk on a harness and lead, this is the perfect lead for the job. The length is great for letting the cat explore at her own pace, and it's easy to apply the brake if you need to encourage her to move along, or lock it if you want the lead kept short for safety. The first two feet of the lead are tape, which I hear is good if you need to grab the lead in a hurry, though we haven't needed to o that. I'm sure the lead is great for dogs as well.

The colour is fantastic and practically glows in low lighting conditions. Supposedly there is a bit of reflective stitching in the tape section, but you never actually manage to see it reflecting, even when other reflective materials in the area are looking bright. But you don't need it. As well as being useful for evening walks, the bright yellow is handy when your critter dives under a shrub or drags you into a thicket, so that you can see exactly where it is in order to untangle it from branches. We had a short black lead before we got this one, and the difference is very noticeable.

It's also an important safety feature if your pet dashes across the path of an oncoming cyclist, as it makes it easier for the cyclist to spot the lead in time to avoid being clotheslined. Some people may think this is a joke, but believe me, it can be a serious problem, and people can get injured. Of course, it's also important to do your best not to let your pet charge in front of cyclists.

The lead is sturdy, the action is smooth, and while at first we worried that the lead jerked a bit alarmingly when we took the brake off, I don't think she ever noticed. It's small enough to fit into a coat pocket, and the handle is comfortable to hold.

If you've looked at the additional images for this lead, that's our kitty showing off in them.

It is, of course, compulsory for your pet to tie you together whenever there are two of you walking it with an extendable lead, but at least you can see that they've done it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good lead for dogs big and small, 25 April 2014
This was a great buy and I am very happy with it. I have had quite a few Flexi leads over the years, but they have always been the retractable cord style. Unfortunately the cord always ends up frayed/snapped so when I spotted that they do a tape version I thought I would try it.

I got the Neon version despite not liking the colour, as it was several pounds cheaper than a black equivalent. The neon tape is a good addition though, as it helps when walking on country footpaths if a cyclist etc comes by as they can see it easily.

Flexi Neon Retractable Tape Lead, 5 m/ 50 Kg, Large