5.0 out of 5 stars I know what you're thinking
There's no way this album can possibly be worth all these five star reviews, it just can't.
Believe me it is, I can't even remember the name of that fella who sings in Marks other band and is mates with Slash....Ok I jest but honestly this album is incredible.
Published 23 months ago by Scooter

1.0 out of 5 stars Wish I'd bought the cd .and not the download for iPad
Had to delete it ,coz it got stuck on a song ,and I couldn't stop it repeating on a loop .very annoying .and I lost the 7 .it cost. Wish I'd bought the cd .instead of the download.
Published 19 months ago by Antony jones

5.0 out of 5 stars I know what you're thinking, 7 Sep 2012
This review is from: All I Was (Audio CD)
Plenty of other reviews mention how good his voice is and it is really good and suits the style of songs perfectly, you get the feeling that musically now that he hasn't got a singer to tell him certain parts of his songs are a bit heavy he's just let rip.
Some of the music is brutally heavy but always remains melodic and the drumming is absolutely brilliant, check out "Wish You Well" and you'll grin at how heavy this track is but remains accessible to people who don't understand Wookie.
I'm not a Metal expert by any stretch i've always stuck to heavy rock but this fills the gap in between it's melodic metal, if you've been hanging your nose over bands like Stone Sour and so on but could do without the screaming and growling this is perfect, every song is sung properly, i'm not knocking the screamers but it ain't everybody's cup of tea.
If you're an Alterbridge fan as well then just buy it in places it does sound like them but it's bound to.
It's Alterbridge but with a third gonad, Brilliant.

5.0 out of 5 stars Genius, 17 July 2012
This review is from: All I Was (Audio CD)
Having been a huge fan of Creed and more so Alter Bridge for years i couldn't wait to get hold of this album and to me it doesn't dissapoint. Mark Tremonti has an awesome playing style mixing really heavy riffs with beautiful melodies and now to add to that a pretty darn good vocal to! The band playing here are also on fire the drumming is crisp and powerful and the playing of Eric freidman (creeds touring guitarist) gives the songs extra punch. Alter Bridge fans will love this album, any fans of tremonti's playing will love this album its brilliant.

5.0 out of 5 stars And yet another Mark Tremonti masterpiece..., 19 July 2012
Richard Rogers "spitfire" (Flintshire, N Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: All I Was (Audio CD)
Mark Tremonti has produced a brilliant power metal album that takes chunks of Creed and Alter Bridge, mixes it with Metallica and Slayer to give us All I Was. Well known as a top,top metal guitarist he delivers a strong vocal performance that matches the music brilliantly.
He could have gone all Steve Vai on us and given us 60 minutes of inane soloing but decided to make an album that punches you in the gut with its meaty riffs, picks you up and dusts you off with melodic choruses and then belts you back down with its pounding drums!
For those of us who like their music with heavy riffs and a melodic chorus this is it! Fans of Tremonti's work will be left wanting more!

5.0 out of 5 stars Could this be a Perfect album?!, 18 July 2012
This review is from: All I Was (Audio CD)
I know it seems over the top to say this but in my personal opinion this is my perfect album. Never has a 12 track album been practically faultless from beginning to end. Every single track has sent goosebumps up my spine. Phenomenal solo's, extremely touching and catchy choruses and fantastic heavy head banging riffs. What's more to love?! I don't normally write reviews or express my opinions online but this album has made me open up to let you all know that if you haven't bought it and you're a fan of Alter Bridge or Creed then buy it now, I doubt you'll be disappointed to be honest.

5.0 out of 5 stars Modern Day Black Sabbath!?, 20 July 2012
Mr. P. D. Sinnott (Leicester, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: All I Was (Audio CD)
If Black Sabbath were to release their first ever cd today, this would be it. Pulsating drums, heavy heavy guitar riffs, amazing vocals and melody. Melody... something which has been lost of late with heavy guitar based music. Thank god for Mark Tremonti then. Without a shadow of a doubt the best heavy metal album of the year. Go treat yourself!

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 20 July 2012
Mr. Andrew Harrison (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: All I Was (Audio CD)
The album feels like it was made for Mark to unleash his heaviest guitar work so far, and i think he's had fun with it. Some fine blistering solo's on the album and whitlock on the drums is a monster a good combination. waste your time is the stand out but the whole album is strong. Looking forward to the next creed or AB album.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome !!, 19 July 2012
This review is from: All I Was (Audio CD)
Mark manages to avoid all the pitfalls of the lead guitarist's solo album with great skill. This is not a bunch of 5 minute solos or the weird stuff the band would not let him do, this is a very solid album where the songs are the main concern. It is quite a bit heavier then the Alter Bridge stuff but carries over the musicality and the great chorus's. It does have some lighter songs, aggressive all the time gets boring so changing the pace of the album is good.

It shouldn't be a surprise that this is a quality album given Marks track record but it is a surprise how good Marks vocals are. He's not got the range of Miles Kennedy but he's very good. The only slight down side to the otherwise great production is that the vocals are a bit low in the mix.

Over all this is a must for Alter Bridge fans and well worth a listen for all rock/metal fans.

5.0 out of 5 stars can do no wrong, 1 Sep 2012
This review is from: All I Was (Audio CD)
is it me or can this man do no wrong. well i liked creed and i love alterbridge ( seen them 7 times now ) so i would like it would't i ? but to think this is mark tremonti singing on all the vocals as well is just mind blowing, not that he's singing but that he can and with such tone and range, he never sounds out of his depth, well a craking set of songs to add to mark's body of work, top notch back up on drums from garrett whitlock and eric friedman on bass, and mak tremonti on lead is on top form, if you like melodic rock with an edge, done well, you will love this album. stand out tracks for me, leave it alone and the things i've seen, just goes to show if you look hard enuf you will find top notch hard rock, it's out there. enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't be put off, 31 July 2012
This review is from: All I Was (Audio CD)
When Mark Tremonti said his solo album would be more of a thrash album, my heart sank. When I got it I was relieved to hear that it wasn't really thrash at all. Instead it sounded like Alter Bridge but without any tunes. However, there was something about it that made me listen to it again...and again. And now I have to say that it is superb - great melodies and even more solos than AB. So the other five-star reviews are right. But be warned: you might not think so at first hearing.

5.0 out of 5 stars one word EXCELLENT, 8 Aug 2012
This review is from: All I Was (Audio CD)
Well if ya like creed/alter bridge then this is for you but there is alot more to it. Marks solo's are powerful and at times heavy which is good cos its not like a creed or ab album. The song writting is great and you actually hear his vocals and realise he can sing as good as he plays the guitar. Songs to listen for are the title track All i was,Decay Wish you well and my favourite The things ive seen. They are all good songs just listen n see defo a classic.

All I Was